Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

weemcd wrote: »
    What times Leah McCourt likely to be on at?

Probably 11ish

This is the first event in the point I've missed in a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭ooter

where did aidan power get his American accent from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Geordie shore is the drizzling ****s

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Jaaaysus that was the worst night of fights I've ever been at

God love anyone that actually paid to attend this joke of an event

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »

You say the same thing every time Bellator comes to Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

ricero wrote: »

I'm pretty sure you were spouting the same nonsense before during and after the last Bellator event.

I wasn't at it, but what was a 'joke' about it?

Some of the earlier fights were quite good but the later fights disappointed. I haven't seen any of the middle fights which were on blackout here until 3am so I don't know how they went.

Worst main mma card i have ever seen. Absolute bums with no talent.

Thank god for Ufc auckland starting in 15 minutes and to watch some world class athletes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Dire stuff. Fair play to McCourt and all but this is a terrible main event.

Dire stuff. Fair play to McCourt and all but this is a terrible main event.

Can you imagine that Leah McCourt and Cris Cyborg are in the same weightless. It would be legalised murder if they ever met.

• Advertisement

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Can you imagine that Leah McCourt and Cris Cyborg are in the same weightless. It would be legalised murder if they ever met.

Never mind Cyborg or Nunes, basically anyone who has ever fought at 145 in the UFC (I know that's about 9 people) or Invicta would run-through her in seconds. Look at her entry for the final "takedown" (it was as much am exhausted flop as a trip). It looked like it was in slow motion.

I know they want a home fighter headlining and all, but that was embarrassing.

Never mind Cyborg or Nunes, basically anyone who has ever fought at 145 in the UFC (I know that's about 9 people) or Invicta would run-through her in seconds. Look at her entry for the final "takedown" (it was as much am exhausted flop as a trip). It looked like it was in slow motion.

I know they want a home fighter headlining and all, but that was embarrassing.

I don't disagree with the above, but I've seen the best fighters in the world attempt the most atrocious takedowns in the last 20 seconds of a fight so I wouldn't hold that against her.

Interesting post fight interview from Keifer Crosbie here, I hadn't realised his missus gave birth on Tuesday.

Supposedly Kavanagh and his manager wanted him to pull out of the fight on Monday and Bellator were concerned about him making the fight too. Weight cutting in the maternity ward apparently!

Also says he's moving down to 155 from now on. Called out Soren Bak for his next fight.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3mvxqFq563AUcBCND7KF4T6ArVh1YsOT66KJJ-uXelbxbKnbUAuu9JHzU&v=56wYztYwZEc

Ah that was just recency bias in giving an example. Terrible fight. As I said, fair play to her and I hope she does ok out of the sport, but you can't have that headlining what should have been a marquee card. Scrap the push to have an Irish fighter and get one of their FW grand Prix fights on it or something.

Ah that was just recency bias in giving an example. Terrible fight. As I said, fair play to her and I hope she does ok out of the sport, but you can't have that headlining what should have been a marquee card. Scrap the push to have an Irish fighter and get one of their FW grand Prix fights on it or something.

Well it wasn't supposed to be the main event and it's only really the main event for the Irish fans. The 5 fights that are blacked out here until 3am are better than the other fights on the card. Quelly v Primus could have been a good fight.

I don't get why they insist on Gallagher being main event every time. Surely the realise a lot of Irish people don't really care for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

Was it a pile of ****e?

Titclamp wrote: »
    Was it a pile of ****e?

It was a European Bellator card, average standard for this. Lads here expecting numbered UFC type standard. Main event wasnt great but it was the third main event booked and Bellator given no choice really, this fight was initially 3rd.

There were a few decent fights, great win for Will Fleury and similar for Blaine O'Driscoll, both coming off losses. Gutted for Richie Smullen but he should have finished the fight. Loss for Redser too, fair few miles on his odometer now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Very poor event really. Alot of the later fights were very dull and amateurish. Was in at it too.

Never seen anything like the queues for the gents cubicles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

It was a European Bellator card, average standard for this. Lads here expecting numbered UFC type standard. Main event wasnt great but it was the third main event booked and Bellator given no choice really, this fight was initially 3rd.

There were a few decent fights, great win for Will Fleury and similar for Blaine O'Driscoll, both coming off losses. Gutted for Richie Smullen but he should have finished the fight. Loss for Redser too, fair few miles on his odometer now though.

So yeah it was a pile of ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

D.Q wrote: »
    Very poor event really. Alot of the later fights were very dull and amateurish. Was in at it too.

Never seen anything like the queues for the gents cubicles.

Started off well, best fights were in the first 5. Only got worse from there, the last 3 fights were abysmal. And yes couldn't believe how many lads had the sniffles and scutters!

• Advertisement

hots wrote: »
    Started off well, best fights were in the first 5. Only got worse from there, the last 3 fights were abysmal. And yes couldn't believe how many lads had the sniffles and scutters!

That's every event anywhere in the country now, not just MMA events. Every boozer every weekend it's the same crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

That's every event anywhere in the country now, not just MMA events. Every boozer every weekend it's the same crap.

This was probably worse than I've ever seen. Felt very innocent supping pricey heineken all night!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

anyone know did phil mulpeter win?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

akelly02 wrote: »
    Quick Google will show you that it was called off.
    Medical reasons seemingly, from Crawfords side.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,042 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

akelly02 wrote: »

Fight was cancelled I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Quick Google will show you that it was called off.
    Medical reasons seemingly, from Crawfords side.

he literally has had at least a dozen of cancelled fights in his career. so unlucky

Cage Warriors is still scheduled to go ahead tomorrow. All fighters made weight earlier today. I'm very interested to see how Decky Dalton gets on against Paddy Pimblet.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it proceeds for pretty selfish reasons really, just so as I can get a bit of a sport viewing fix! They are trying hard to keep it alive anyway, no crowd, moved from London to Manchester. Hopefully Boris doesn't order everything shut down in the next 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Senor Frog

What channel and time will cage warriors by on if does go ahead ?

Senor Frog wrote: »
    What channel and time will cage warriors by on if does go ahead ?

Prelims are on their website and Facebook page. Main card is on Fight Pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Prelims are on their website and Facebook page. Main card is on Fight Pass.

Good man, was sad at the thought of no events at all this weekend.

Advertisement