Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

but1er wrote: »
    can you image the payday he gets with a pettis fight? he be set up for life

Who'd pay to see him at stage? He's already been written as a can crusher with a horrible Conor impression. Bellator have hitched their wagons to him for some reason. So he'll be protected as long as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Who'd pay to see him at stage? He's already been written as a can crusher with a horrible Conor impression. Bellator have hitched their wagons to him for some reason. So he'll be protected as long as possible.

He has a massive watch, sure I'll be watching hoping he's beaten

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

i see channel 5 has bellator down on the listings for later. is it tape delayed or what ? i might tune in with hope to see half price mcgregor take a beating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I think its live from Milan. Prelims are on youtube from 6.15

• Registered Users Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I don't buy into the hate for Gallagher, he's 23 and dedicated his life so far to mma. You can only beat whats put in front of you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

dashoonage wrote: »
    i see channel 5 has bellator down on the listings for later. is it tape delayed or what ? i might tune in with hope to see half price mcgregor take a beating.

It's also on virgin media 👌

Dominant display there from Sinead Kavanagh

Dominant display there from Sinead Kavanagh

Sinead is an absolute warrior, really good display tonight

I don't buy into the hate for Gallagher, he's 23 and dedicated his life so far to mma. You can only beat whats put in front of you

Its the phony Conor "I'm the greatest. Nobody can beat me!" act while being protected and being fed cans. Yeah. No **** that's going to turn people off of him. Especially since Bellator is marketing as on of their greatest fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Crosbie got flogged there, lucky the doctor stopped it. Bit arrogant started walking through the shots, hands down and got caught.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

No lack of heart from Keifer but definitely showed a lack of fight IQ. The cut gives him a ready made excuse to moan but I think if he's honest with himself he will know he was well beat.

I can't understand why he kept dripping his hands, tagged tagged, step back drop hands, tagged again and again. Madness.

Crosbie seemed to totally underestimate Leary there

Charlie ward to be beaten here. 9/4 on PP if your quick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

rob316 wrote: »
    Crosbie got flogged there, lucky the doctor stopped it. Bit arrogant started walking through the shots, hands down and got caught.

Thought the same. I've seen fights stopped for a lot less. Saved by the bell at the end of that round.

Crosbie seemed to totally underestimate Leary there

Definitely. He was talking about calling out Myles Jury after he wins tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Whelo79 wrote: »
    No lack of heart from Keifer but definitely showed a lack of fight IQ. The cut gives him a ready made excuse to moan but I think if he's honest with himself he will know he was well beat.

I can't understand why he kept dripping his hands, tagged tagged, step back drop hands, tagged again and again. Madness.

He's never like that.

Very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Charlie ward to be beaten here. 9/4 on PP if your quick

Couldn't find anything in MMA other than UFC betting. PP isn't the best website anyway. Should have got the app probably

1 all into the last

Poor quality fight this. Ward is all power punches, he has no idea how to progress through the positions on the ground.

I have to give it to Andy worked more then Charlie

• Advertisement

Poor fight alright. That's the type of dry humping exhibition that turns off the casual viewer.

Andy had that he worked hard from the bottom in the last round. Ward just sat in his gaurd doing nothing.

rob316 wrote: »
    Andy had that he worked hard from the bottom in the last round. Ward just sat in his gaurd doing nothing.

Shocking scoring really is

Bellator beat the UFC anyway on fighters with **** tattoos.

Easy work for Gallagher.

Some choke from Gallagher, impressive.

Time for pettis

I'll give him credit this time I don't think that guy wasn't a total can, lovely control and work to get the RNC. Ellenor defended it well enough until the end.

Some choke from Gallagher, impressive.

Time for pettis

Time for someone with a pulse.

His persona is just so unlikeable, I just can't take to him at all. The only thing I actually like about him is his bjj skills. Unquestionably a fantastic talent when it hits the ground. That little move in the scramble, after the initial takedown, to wrap up the leg and transition to the back so quickly and smoothly was beautiful.

• Advertisement

I love Gallaghers BJJ. So calm and slick. Does everything right. Ellenor defended well and all but Jimmy looked one step ahead all the time

Advertisement