Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,037 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

rob316 wrote: »
    Not aimed at queally but there is a host of other prospects there taking the money now and not pushing for the UFC.
    Well you just said "SBG", so I took it as all SBG fighters in Belator. I didn't think there were many, but maybe I'm not aware of the full roster - in fact I'm definitely not.

So who do you mean, if not Queally? As he's one of the better lads imo. Obviously not Ward, Kiely and the likes. Philip Mulpeter was recently signed, and by all reports that was well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Does anyone else here ever watch WCMMA? Its sometimes on around 10pm on FrontRunner which is sky channel 431

The standard is a bit emmmmmmmmm basic! But I love seeing 2 guys going for it. The fights usually are very short.

I am watching it now as there is a guy called "Fracture Hawk"!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Paddy Pimbletts fight tomorrow has been cancelled, Gianetti missed weight and supposedly refused to cut anymore. Weighed in at 163 for a 155lb fight. Surely CW could have somehow preempted this? Did they not enquire about his weight FFS?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

dulux99 wrote: »
    Paddy Pimbletts fight tomorrow has been cancelled, Gianetti missed weight and supposedly refused to cut anymore. Weighed in at 163 for a 155lb fight. Surely CW could have somehow preempted this? Did they not enquire about his weight FFS?

Boylans not that smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

I see Johnny redmond lost by first round stoppage at the weekend? Anyone see it ? Got a link?

• Advertisement

Just read that tried signed up on short notice. Attempted to cut 33lbs in 9 days.
    These guys are not smart

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Pimblet will be devastated. He's supposedly put a hell of a lot of work into this fight. Coming off his last loss and then injury he was apparently pretty down for quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

Can't cry any tears for Pimblet myself. He's thoroughly unlikable, any time he opens his mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Pimblett giving your man stick when he previously missed weight on a full camp, this lad had 9 days.

he probably should have not taken the fight, that is a huge cut and he knew it but for paddy to give him stick he needs to wind in a bit.

if CW wanted the fight so bad do it at a catch-weight or put a stipulation that Gianetti can only re-hydrate back up to a certain weight.

fitzparker wrote: »
    Pimblett giving your man stick when he previously missed weight on a full camp, this lad had 9 days.

he probably should have not taken the fight, that is a huge cut and he knew it but for paddy to give him stick he needs to wind in a bit.

if CW wanted the fight so bad do it at a catch-weight or put a stipulation that Gianetti can only re-hydrate back up to a certain weight.

You can't really blame him for being pissed off. It's not his fault his original opponent fell out and Gianetti took the fight. Paddy's version of events is Gianetti weighed in at 163 and immediately started rehydrating.

I blame CW on this, surely there was a 155lb fighter somewhere in the UK or Ireland that could have taken this fight rather than flying a guy across the Atlantic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Why would anyone sign up to fight PP in CW? Erosa beat the **** out of him and the "judges" still have the win to Paddy.
    The owner of the promotion is Paddy's manager and the person who selects and pays the judges.

It's sketchy as ****.

Why would anyone sign up to fight PP in CW? Erosa beat the **** out of him and the "judges" still have the win to Paddy.
    The owner of the promotion is Paddy's manager and the person who selects and pays the judges.

It's sketchy as ****.

He's also a massive arsehole.

I won tickets to cagewarriors from a Facebook completion he ran and I never got them.

I met Paddy in a pub in London before the Till v Masvidal fight last year, couldn't have been a sounder lad to be honest. He sat with us for about 30 minutes and was a gent.

That thing about the ticket competition is bad though :D

I met Paddy in a pub in London before the Till v Masvidal fight last year, couldn't have been a sounder lad to be honest. He sat with us for about 30 minutes and was a gent.

That thing about the ticket competition is bad though :D

I was talking about Boylan rather than Paddy, never met him so I'd reserve judgement.

Paddy's version of events is Gianetti weighed in at 163 and immediately started rehydrating.

Apparently Gianetti offered to weigh-in no more than 168 on fight night.
    Casts doubt on the whole immediate rehydration angle.

Although, he could have just been lying about 168 and came in at 175+ on the night know it would go ahead

I'm now a big fan of Pimblett just because he said to that lad at the end who was trying to get the fight, 'there is no such thing as god'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Only just realised the Bellator prelims are on youtube here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK0xUsUXJGU

• Subscribers Posts: 686 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

Did any of you watch the main card in Wembley tonight? Poor card from start to finish. I've watched a fair few Bellator bouts but never a full main card before tonight, that was a let down. The only silver lining was to see a ko walk off (all be it in round 1)... So many times the downed fighter takes another 2 or 3 unnecessary blows.

Been floating about in here over the past few years, don't really post, plenty of good reading though.

The finish in Belator was a little soft. I assume his leg was wrecked and he knew he wasn't .

https://streamable.com/ooon7

• Advertisement

I see all the usual SBG lads have been posting up images with their Bellator gloves on over the last couple of days. We'll be seeing them all on the Dublin card in February no doubt.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I see all the usual SBG lads have been posting up images with their Bellator gloves on over the last couple of days. We'll be seeing them all on the Dublin card in February no doubt.

Was there a litany of "ANIMAL BROTHER" etc comments on them?

Was there a litany of "ANIMAL BROTHER" etc comments on them?

Thankfully I don't lowet myself to reading the comments beneath :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Whelo79 wrote: »

Would like to go to a decent MMA event in Ireland, but this doesn't seem too appealing. Hard to care about James Gallagher fighting another (I presume) nobody. The last Dublin card was pretty terrible in terms of mismatches. Wouldn't be too knowledgeable on Bellator. What's the opinion on this event here?

Still Ill wrote: »
    Would like to go to a decent MMA event in Ireland, but this doesn't seem too appealing. Hard to care about James Gallagher fighting another (I presume) nobody. The last Dublin card was pretty terrible in terms of mismatches. Wouldn't be too knowledgeable on Bellator. What's the opinion on this event here?

Go to cage warriors ;) actual meaningful fights where there's some bit of clarity as to where the fighters are going in their careers.

Still Ill wrote: »

I enjoyed the last Bellator event. I'll definitely be going to the one in February.

The biggest disappointment was the Benson Henderson v Myles Jury fight. A lot of the other fights were very entertaining. I left before Gallagher came on though. I've little interest in seeing him fight and zero interest in seeing him at a main event spot.

Peter Quelly v Brent Primus as co-main at the next Bellator Dublin. That's and amazing opportunity for Quelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Homelander

That is an absolutely unbelievable step up, crazy almost. Looking forward to that whole card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Has anyone got a link to the full card for Feb? The Bellator site just has 5 fights and I know I've seen more all in one place.

*nvm https://www.sherdog.com/events/Bellator-Dublin-Gallagher-vs-Ellenor-83191

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Paul Redmond, most accomplished fighter on the card and only on the prelims.

Advertisement