Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Was the the one
    in St. Denis where Pearson (I think) pretended to be dead or dying in the middle of the street so you can rob the explosives? If so, I dead-eyed all of them in 1 go with the sniper.
    or Bill Williamson pretending to be drunk in Annesburg no???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

or Bill Williamson pretending to be drunk in Annesburg no???

Yes Annesburg. I even shot the two horses in the heart. As well as the two guys on the wagon and the 4 or 5 guys on horse back. You had to go
    upstairs in a wrecked house and shoot out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

I haven't finished the game but I am far enough to give enough tips to make your gameplay experience more pleasant:

Great info, thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Yes Annesburg. I even shot the two horses in the heart. As well as the two guys on the wagon and the 4 or 5 guys on horse back. You had to go
    upstairs in a wrecked house and shoot out the window.

Or was it Van Horn actually?

God i love/hate Van Horn :D

Or was it Van Horn actually?

God i love/hate Van Horn :D

It was either place but up that side of the map anyway. But I tried so many times to get through but the
    wagon kept driving over the guy on the ground even though I had shot the two guys. That's why I decided to shoot the two horses in the heart.
    I tried that so many times.

Was that a main mission or a side mission I forget but it was really hard anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

We have it, it was Van Horn and Bill, a quest called 'The Delights of Van Horn'. Didn't have that issue you had wotzgoingon, I just shot them, wagon stopped, took the wagon and finished the mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭20silkcut

I played through the game with out upgrading the satchel and doing very little hunting. I never bought or upgraded a gun I used the ones you get free and I only cleaned one gun once with the oil. I got some notification the gun was dirty.

I had no trouble throughout the game at all except breaking Marston out of
    prison
    . I died or the guys with me died so I replayed it about 5 times before I got it. I did get a prompt to skip it but I didn't want to.

And the hardest part of the game was when I was robbing a stage coach and the guy with me had to
    lie in the middle of the road.
    That was one hard mission.

The guy with me ?

Big dumb bill Williamson. Mustn’t have made much of an impact on you!!

As he says himself he is not dumb he just don’t like thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Did anyone else just give up on eating? I was spending ridiculous amounts of time eating and sleeping just to keep Arthur's weight normal but just can't be bothered anymore.

The time progession during some missions make it even more difficult.

tuxy wrote: »
    Did anyone else just give up on eating? I was spending ridiculous amounts of time eating and sleeping just to keep Arthur's weight normal but just can't be bothered anymore.

I don't think sleeping has anything to do with it. I only slept by setting up a camp while waiting for a mission to appear again.

Deffo do not stop eating very important even more so when he is
    sick
    but you will not get the full benefits while
    sick
    . What I used to do is just eat something after each mission is over and then ever so often even if it is just biscuits or a can of some stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Weight usually updates after sleeping, though it's a bit buggy.

I think the main thing with eating/weight is to keep your cores full. It seems when a core isn't full for an extended period of time your weight starts to go down. I ate every-time I noticed a diminished core and never had a problem maintaining average weight. (Forget about "perfect" weight.)

Just do some hunting every few in-game days, skin the animal (you'll get more meat), cook it all at once and stow it. Then open your satchel to eat it as you need it. If you don't want to hunt just buy from the butcher (money isn't a problem in the story).

There's a scout fire in the gang camp where you can cook meat as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I can keep average weight ok once I'm careful. I can get perfect weight but will usually lose it while completing a mission where time progresses a lot.
    Would be nice try overweight but I just cant get there no matter how much I eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

have tried to play this on at least 3 occasions,,, just to slow, started the latest Assassins Creed and it is much better in my opinion....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

tuxy wrote: »

2nd time around I did yeah. You dont need to eat. You hit a minimum weight and it stays there. Core drain of 8% i think. You dont need to sleep either.

The Nal wrote: »
    2nd time around I did yeah. You dont need to eat. You hit a minimum weight and it stays there. Core drain of 8% i think. You dont need to sleep either.

The only effect I see, is your character adopts a really distressed gait and seems to breath real heavy when standing still.
    For me that was enough to turn them in for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Found a video online that critiques Red Dead 2 (and Rockstar) really well.

I rate Red Dead as the best game of this generation (followed closely by the Witcher) but it does have its faults.

This video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvJPKOLDSos is well worth a listen/watch for those who loved the game and those who didnt like it.

Hive mind law men (as in every rockstar game) also get a mention.

I see the real life Pinkertons are suing Rockstar for slandering their name and using their real life detective badge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It's not like it's the first time they've been portrayed in popular media...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinkerton_%28detective_agency%29#Appearance_in_popular_media

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Does anybody find it weird how Arthur never told anyone about his TB until the very end? TB is highly contagious, he could have infected the entire camp. Seems very odd.
    Treatment back then would have included complete isolation to prevent spread of the condition.

Does anybody find it weird how Arthur never told anyone about his TB until the very end? TB is highly contagious, he could have infected the entire camp. Seems very odd.
    Treatment back then would have included complete isolation to prevent spread of the condition.

Appears to be a slight oversight alright.

Not all
    types of TB are contagious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Anyone know if the official soundtrack for this has been released yet, or if not, when it's due to be?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

shrewdness wrote: »
    Anyone know if the official soundtrack for this has been released yet, or if not, when it's due to be?

"Soon" according to Rockstar, but they've been saying this for 2 and half months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

"Soon" according to Rockstar, but they've been saying this for 2 and half months.

They've been saying the same about a windows release of the companion app :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Have to say that in general I got great enjoyment out of this but I've no desire to play it again anytime soon, I'm just completely burned out after it. Found the last two Chapters a bit of a slog
    and the Epilogue terrible.

I'll always remember Arthur and his brave horse Buell though, hated to see them go, I got no enjoyment from continuing on as John. I just missed Arthur too much, especially that classic gruff western voice of his.

Have to say that in general I got great enjoyment out of this but I've no desire to play it again anytime soon, I'm just completely burned out after it.

Said the same myself but
    missed it and played it through the 2nd time and enjoyed it more the 2nd time. Especially as you can cut a lot of the crap from it.

#DontHelpMaryOrRainsFall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

The Nal wrote: »
    Said the same myself but...

I agree with the both of you, but I loved the
    Rainsfall missions. I thought they told a great story. I found it to be a nice break from the tedium of Chapter 6. I liked the idea of the epilogue as a way to set up RDR1, but it would've carried a lot more weight if I hadn't already played RDR1. I found it seriously boring after the shootouts at the end of Chapter 6.

Notorious wrote: »
    Rainsfall missions. I thought they told a great story. I found it to be a nice break from the tedium of Chapter 6. I liked the idea of the epilogue as a way to set up RDR1, but it would've carried a lot more weight if I hadn't already played RDR1. I found it seriously boring after the shootouts at the end of Chapter 6.

Admittedly
    I packed it in after Chapter 6 2nd time around and reverted to my free roaming game save with the cheats on. I hated the Rainsfall missions purely because of the amount of travel required. Tedious.

I enjoyed the rainsfall missions also. The epilogue was like
    starting a new game. All the chores and shít.
    but I suppose that is what they were going for.

I hadn't played RDR1 since it released way back in the day, so I actually enjoyed the
    Epilogue as I had completely forgotten the story of RDR1
    . I'm still holding hope for an RDR1 remake as DLC. I'd even pay €40 for that alone.

• Advertisement

Notorious wrote: »

Great sound track of Native American war music on his missions. Took me right back to my child hood watching westerns 30 years ago when westerns were cowboys v Indians.

Advertisement