Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭20silkcut

I think one of the reasons I won't ever replay the game is because of the fast travel issues.

In fairness it is a game set in the year 1899. It was well flagged in advance that the open world was going to be big and that horses and carriages were the mode of transport. Nobody should have had any expectations of zipping around the game and certainly not anyone who played RDR 2010.
    I’m just wondering should rockstar re-think the open world for future editions of RDR maybe set it in an LA Noire scale sandbox environment. Maybe scaling the thing down might reduce the intervals between releases. I will be deep into middle age by the time the next one releases if the 8 year gap is to be repeated. The game is been heavily criticized for its Big world/ horse and carriage environment. Half the continental United States is represented in that Map.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,061 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Finding those birds
    for the stranger missions Duchesses and Other Animals
    is a nightmare

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

OK, so I've just done a Money Lending and Other Sins mission in chapter 6 and decided to take the silver pocket watch. How am I supposed to turn in the debt if there's
    no tithing box???

You don't need to. Just go back to camp after you've done the two assignments.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It's on the side of one of those camps or Wagons if I remember correctly. I think it was the one closest to where that money lender was sitting on that log.

In Beaver Hollow? Can't see it anywhere...

Around the side of his Wagon/tent. On the side of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

So I've discovered a way to kind of fast travel.........I'm sure you all know but if you set a marker and start riding and then select scenic mode you keep going allow the marker path. Meanwhile I can watch a video on my phone or what not and just listen out for any shenanigans.

I've covered a good bit of the map like this!

Alright, googled and found it. It's on the side of Arthur's wagon but I must have circled it so many times before and saw nothing!

Isn't that what I told you twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,597 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Also, where is the fast travel map in the chapter 6 camp?

I can’t find any health wagon or money ledger in chap 6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    There is none - someone in camp will note that the money box & ledger were destroyed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Dr. Bre wrote: »

You don't need
    money outside of the money you receive in the main missions or any health provisions in the game. Think I've used 1 health cure and I've played the story twice now. You also don't need to eat, or feed your horse or give any money to the camp.

• Advertisement

You didn't "tell me".

"It's on the side of one of those camps or Wagons" is not exactly specific and you also said it was by the lender... it wasn't. Anyway, no biggie. I found it, all is good.

@khal I use the auto travel but sometimes Arthur crashes into wagons or gets attacked by a cougar which makes the horse throw him off so I don't tend to trust it anymore.

Arthurs camp/wagon is the closest to the log your man the money lender was sitting on in this chapter. I also told you it was on the side of your camp/Arthurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

Notorious wrote: »
    Give the online a try, though it's not for everyone. If you're looking for another RPG I cannot recommend the Witcher 3 enough.

Cheers for that will check out the witcher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Only managed to start this today even though I got it the day it released (Newborn in the house!!)

Anyway, I'm just on chapter two. Any advice for a new player for all of you that have finished it. Will likely only get to play a few hours a week tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭KeshFM93

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Only managed to start this today even though I got it the day it released (Newborn in the house!!)

Anyway, I'm just on chapter two. Any advice for a new player for all of you that have finished it. Will likely only get to play a few hours a week tbh.

Take your time and enjoy , don't rush it because there's not a lot waiting for you in online.

Id say it's better to make your own mistakes. I didn't look up anything while playing and got through it fine.

Thepoet85 wrote:

Don't put any time or money into a horse until you are brought to the stable to pick one out.

A good way to reveal the full map is to place a marker somewhere far away in the unknown and start riding then select the scenic mode and let Arthur get himself there while you browse your phone or what not.

I am only a few hours into the game but I have the whole map revealed and now can use the train to go to any place far away I may have to go for future missions.

Your dead eye drains very quickly and takes an age to replenish. Always have some elixors on you to quickly replenish it.

Ignore all the people calling for help. Waste of time and ammo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

khaldrogo wrote: »
    Don't put any time or money into a horse until you are brought to the stable to pick one out.

A good way to reveal the full map is to place a marker somewhere far away in the unknown and start riding then select the scenic mode and let Arthur get himself there while you browse your phone or what not.

I am only a few hours into the game but I have the whole map revealed and now can use the train to go to any place far away I may have to go for future missions.

Your dead eye drains very quickly and takes an age to replenish. Always have some elixors on you to quickly replenish it.

Ignore all the people calling for help. Waste of time and ammo.

i am on chapter 6 and i still dont know how to use deadeye(xbox) or scenic travel or whatever its called, when it goes into cinematic mode and i stop pressing A the horse just stops lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭20silkcut

i am on chapter 6 and i still dont know how to use deadeye(xbox) or scenic travel or whatever its called, when it goes into cinematic mode and i stop pressing A the horse just stops lol

I went through the whole game without using dead eye. Found it more beneficial to find good cover quickly.
    Did not have a problem till the very end of the game had to skip the final checkpoint.

And the shootouts really intensify in the epilogues.

Re playing it again trying to master dead eye.
    Press down the two analogue sticks and use the right stick to aim.
    There is also a confusing draw action on the RT button that activates dead dye I don’t bother with that.

You need to have a marker placed on the map and the horse will keep going along the red line while in scenic mode

I played through the game with out upgrading the satchel and doing very little hunting. I never bought or upgraded a gun I used the ones you get free and I only cleaned one gun once with the oil. I got some notification the gun was dirty.

I had no trouble throughout the game at all except breaking Marston out of
    prison
    . I died or the guys with me died so I replayed it about 5 times before I got it. I did get a prompt to skip it but I didn't want to.

And the hardest part of the game was when I was robbing a stage coach and the guy with me had to
    lie in the middle of the road.
    That was one hard mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

And the hardest part of the game was when I was robbing a stage coach and the guy with me had to
    lie in the middle of the road.
    That was one hard mission.

Was the the one
    in St. Denis where Pearson (I think) pretended to be dead or dying in the middle of the street so you can rob the explosives? If so, I dead-eyed all of them in 1 go with the sniper.

• Advertisement
Advertisement