Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Very nice. That looks almost brand new.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

What's the Blaupunkt thing under the dash?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭KevRossi

hi5 wrote: »

Looks like a very early equalizer. Not sure what else it could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

hi5 wrote: »

Amp?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭supervento

Hard to believe E34’s are now vintage.. where have the years gone...

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1100848

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭oceanman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭w124man

oceanman wrote: »

That's an imported car even though he says it has 'an original Irish reg'. Production ended in Jan 1986 and that reg is Dec 1986. Only the estates were sold at that stage as the W124 was in the country from September 1985

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

w124man wrote: »
    That's an imported car even though he says it has 'an original Irish reg'. Production ended in Jan 1986 and that reg is Dec 1986. Only the estates were sold at that stage as the W124 was in the country from September 1985

I owned ZS 8701 Must have been one of the last registered prior to the new system.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭elperello

swarlb wrote: »
    I owned ZS 8701 Must have been one of the last registered prior to the new system.

It says here that ZS 8709 was the last one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_the_Republic_of_Ireland#Series_per_county_1903%E2%80%931986

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

oceanman wrote: »

If that's broken for parts it would be criminal

• Advertisement

Thistle green C124, I think at this price point I wouldn’t be expecting perfection...

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-300ce-w124/21633668

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

supervento wrote: »
    Thistle green C124, I think at this price point I wouldn’t be expecting perfection...
    I wouldn't either...

Some notes from its history of inspection tests:

7 December 2017 (Mileage 109,092 miles); Test Failed:

Advisory notice item(s)
    Oil leak (gearbox)
    Engine oil low

And then after it passed:

Advisory notice item(s)
    Oil leak (gearbox)
    Engine oil low (again) :rolleyes:.

And... here is an interesting detail:

5 December 2015 (Mileage 192,200 miles) :)... And the exact same mileage in December 2014 ;).

Seweryn wrote: »
    I wouldn't either...

Advisory notice item(s)
    Oil leak (gearbox)
    Engine oil low

Advisory notice item(s)
    Oil leak (gearbox)

5 December 2015 (Mileage 192,200 miles) :)... And the exact same mileage in December 2014 ;).

I must be very naive.... I would of thought any trader would run a mile from this sort of stuff as they are obliged to advise of incorrect mileage... as it appears

I am not saying for one minute that the trader has done anything wrong just thought it would be a hard sell... I guess to be fair it’s reflected in the asking price..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭w124man

I wouldn't either...

Advisory notice item(s)
    Oil leak (gearbox)
    Engine oil low

Advisory notice item(s)
    Oil leak (gearbox)

How did you get that info? I don't see a reg number.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

What were the mileage readings before then though? It’s not uncommon for MOT histories to show what are obviously input errors.

I still think that Merc looks lovely for the money. If someone was to walk away from a 30 year old car over five year old MOT advisories, well..it says more about them than the car IMO

(Not at all directed at you)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,800 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Will someone post that UK reg here already :D

(I guessing here but maybe Seweryn messaged or rang the dealer?)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I think this one looks like a nice clean car. W124 Coupe

In fact I liked it so much I was bidding against him on ebay last Sunday!

He'll turn a nice little profit if he gets the asking!

That's the one we've been talking about, RobAMerc :p

Awfully kind if you could post the link to the eBay auction.

unkel wrote: »
    Will someone post that UK reg here already :D

(I guessing here but maybe Seweryn messaged or rang the dealer?)

f945wbd

Anyone in here ever have any dealings with "U FOUND ME"?

Seems like a con man to me.

• Advertisement

Anyone in here ever have any dealings with "U FOUND ME"?

To be fair he might be advising a potential buyer that the car has had a clock change etc

How do you justify that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

That's the one we've been talking about, RobAMerc :p

Awfully kind if you could post the link to the eBay auction.

Sorry, I totally missed that !

Ebay Listing

supervento wrote: »
    To be fair he might be advising a potential buyer that the car has had a clock change etc

Seriously? :)

If he might be advising a potential buyer that the car is clocked, he would put that in the ad. And not hide the reg. I have words far worse than "con man" for the likes of him

Seriously? :)

If he might be advising a potential buyer that the car is clocked, he would put that in the ad. And not hide the reg. I have words far worse than "con man" for the likes of him

It seems to me like you're implying the current seller is responsible for the mileage discrepancy. What is your basis for all of this? The ebay ad clearly states that the car has 110k miles with history. Who is to say that 'U FOUND ME' wasn't conned?

It seems to me like you're implying the current seller is responsible for the mileage discrepancy. What is your basis for all of this? The ebay ad clearly states that the car has 110k miles with history. Who is to say that 'U FOUND ME' wasn't conned?

It is a traders responsibility to carry out cartell/ motorcheck / hpi checks...

due diligence.....

as said earlier i wasn’t saying this seller has done anything dodgy with the mileage however it is his responsibility to check....

Yeah I guess it is possible. If U FOUND ME was the dumbest second hand car trader in Ireland :pac:

Yeah I guess it is possible. If U FOUND ME was the dumbest second hand car trader in Ireland :pac:

Well there you go. I think I'd go easy calling him a con man.

I hope he gets his €3750 for it. It looks well worth the money to me. The car probably stands him closer to €3k with shipping (it was nearly 400 miles from the nearest port on the west coast). Wouldn't exactly call it a "nice little profit"...and what if he does anyway? I do love a bit of trader begrudgery..god forbid a man would want to pay his bills and put a bit of food on the table

Well there you go. I think I'd go easy calling him a con man.

I hope he gets his €3750 for it. It looks well worth the money to me. Car probably stands him closer to €3k with shipping. Wouldn't exactly call it a "nice little profit"...and what if he does anyway? I do love a bit of trader begrudgery..god forbid a man would want to pay his bills and put a bit of food on the table

Hold on a sec now. I have never begrudged an honest man for putting bread on the table. And for a car trader that obviously means selling for more than what you paid for it.

But surely you are not naive enough to think this seller, clearly a trader, didn't know the car was clocked? Didn't do any free MOT check?

• Advertisement

Hold on a sec now. I have never begrudged an honest man for putting bread on the table. And for a car trader that obviously means selling for more than what you paid for it. No problem with that at all.

But surely you are not naive enough to think this seller, clearly a trader, didn't know the car was clocked? Didn't do any free MOT check?

The begrudgery part wasn't directed at you, my apologies.

I'm not trying to start an argument with anyone, just putting forward my own view on the matter. The ebay ad reads like a very genuine ad, and look at the sellers feedback. Before jumping to ominous conclusions I would just take a step back and consider that there might very well be a genuine explanation for the discrepancy, based on the tone of the ebay ad alone.

It would make more sense for the current seller to explain it (if there is one at all of course) over the phone or in person rather than in the ad. This is how most traders work; better to get them standing in front of it, or at least on the phone before hitting them with the faults, issues etc.

Advertisement