Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mike Rashid and CT Fletcher - Body Building Gods

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Gintonious wrote: »
    This is the most interesting mid-life crisis ever.

More veiled insults. The sharks have sharp teeth in the Nutrition & Fitness industry. ;)

If this is a crisis, I wish I'd had more of them. Life transformed, body in the progressive stages of transformation and I have learned to ignore the money grabbing howls of derision for sticking with the fundamentals...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

More veiled insults. The sharks have sharp teeth in the Nutrition & Fitness industry. ;)

If this is a crisis, I wish I'd had more of them. Life transformed, body in the progressive stages of transformation and I have learned to ignore the money grabbing howls of derision for sticking with the fundamentals...:D

Im a designer, that tinfoil hat must have a hole in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

If you have a financial interest in the status quo then I'd expect nothing more.

Maybe wittier insulting one liners but there you go.

The nutrition industry has boomed and will circle the wagons when someone declares the naked Emperor. :D

There are personal trainers up and down the country whose livliehood depends on maintaining the lie.

Eat loads and eat often. Lift heavy and lift like there's no tomorrow to failure and you will grow.

Put the 'form' zealots on mute. Listen to your body, invest and trust in yourself.

Fundamentals never change. Believe in them, believe in yourself. :)
    Man the wittier one liners insult really hurt -maybe i should insert a smiley face and that would make it better?

All and I mean ALL the trainers I respect and know personally train clients in a sensible manner. Training all the time to failure is NOT part of their core training principles.

As a summary - you were training fairly ass backwards (not atypical for many granted) way for a while maybe a long while, you watched some CT (he was big about 1-2 yrs ago) and learned about intensity and doing the basic lifts which you really should have been shown on day one and in the last few weeks feel like you hit the holy grail.

Throughout this process you also learned you simply weren't eating enough (again fairly normal) so you began eating all the food - you were possibly underweight or light enough to begin with - post height and weight if you wish.

Good on you but to be honest a basics best approach is something everyone on boards will pretty much agree with. Intensity is different though as you cant drive your car hard all the time and expect it to run perfectly.

Im a designer, that tinfoil hat must have a hole in it.

Good on you. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Stop feeding!!!!!

Felexicon wrote: »
    Stop feeding!!!!!

Gotz to get den gainz!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

papu wrote: »

I watched his videos for a while ages ago, I always found him entertaining and motivating. I stopped following him when he got really spammy about his massterplan and online store etc. He also became increasingly "anti intellectual", basically running down anybody smarter than him.

Now I see that video, it's good to see he's changed his ways... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Building muscle is so simple that the only way the fitness industry can make money from it is to complicate the whole process to an extent that people don't know what to believe anymore.

Transform wrote: »
    Man the wittier one liners insult really hurt -maybe i should insert a smiley face and that would make it better?

All and I mean ALL the trainers I respect and know personally train clients in a sensible manner. Training all the time to failure is NOT part of their core training principles.

As a summary - you were training fairly ass backwards (not atypical for many granted) way for a while maybe a long while, you watched some CT (he was big about 1-2 yrs ago) and learned about intensity and doing the basic lifts which you really should have been shown on day one and in the last few weeks feel like you hit the holy grail.

Throughout this process you also learned you simply weren't eating enough (again fairly normal) so you began eating all the food - you were possibly underweight or light enough to begin with - post height and weight if you wish.

Good on you but to be honest a basics best approach is something everyone on boards will pretty much agree with. Intensity is different though as you cant drive your car hard all the time and expect it to run perfectly.

I just find it very telling when one, just one itty bitty, thread extolling the Iron Addicts methods and delivers a different message to the industry norm. Certain individuals jump all over it, insulting the OP and seek to belittle the message as it doesn't conform with the multi-million euro mantras.

You know nothing of my history, how or when I came to the Mike Rashid method.

Yet you have the arrogance to make assumptions that are completely baseless in order to attempt to rationalise it to suit the party line.

Thats grand, you have a career to think about.

But to the rest of you folks, there is another way, you do not have to be a slave to the calorie count and you can transform your body by over training. Lifting heavy, lifting to failure, resting up and eating loads.

• Advertisement

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    Building muscle is so simple that the only way the fitness industry can make money from it is to complicate the whole process to an extent that people don't know what to believe anymore.

Spot on.

People should press the mute button, go back to basics and pay heed to those who live the fundamentals.

I just find it very telling when one, just one itty bitty, thread extolling the Iron Addicts methods and delivers a different message to the industry norm. Certain individuals jump all over it, insulting the OP and seek to belittle the message as it doesn't conform with the multi-million euro mantras.

Yet you have the arrogance to make assumptions that are completely baseless in order to attempt to rationalise it to suit the party line.

But to the rest of you folks, there is another way, you do not have to be a slave to the calorie count and you can transform your body by over training. Lifting heavy, lifting to failure, resting up and eating loads.
    dude you started the mud slinging first!!

The party line here is NOT radically different to what you're suggesting

dude you started the mud slinging first!!

The party line here is NOT radically different to what you're suggesting

References to over doing the pre-work out drinks, going through a mid life crisis etc aren't my comments.

You're approach to this thread has been hyper-defensive and quite arrogant.
    your choice, but very telling all the same.

References to over doing the pre-work out drinks, going through a mid life crisis etc aren't my comments.

You're approach to this thread has been hyper-defensive and quite arrogant.
    your choice, but very telling all the same.
    You said -

"your comment is typical of those who are slaves or make money from the 'industry'.

Blinding people with irrelevant science".

The overall problem here is that no one disagrees with your point about a basics best approach - go read muscle smoke and mirrors or any of the original hardgainer material, anything by Kubik or Bill Hinbern, which im still a big fan of, but it's just the way in which you've presented your case.

The fitness industry is far more intelligent than you possibly give it credit for e.g. movement screening, proper application of intensity, adjusting the program for age and injuries, optimal programming, understanding how people differ in their macro nutrient intakes for fat loss and performance, the role of hormone regulation the role of sleep, food quaility etc

Does that all fall under irrelevant science?

Im defensive because you're overall message has SOME holes in it but certainly not false.

You said -

"your comment is typical of those who are slaves or make money from the 'industry'.

Blinding people with irrelevant science".

The overall problem here is that no one disagrees with your point about a basics best approach - go read muscle smoke and mirrors or any of the original hardgainer material, anything by Kubik or Bill Hinbern, which im still a big fan of, but it's just the way in which you've presented your case.

The fitness industry is far more intelligent than you possibly give it credit for e.g. movement screening, proper application of intensity, adjusting the program for age and injuries, optimal programming, understanding how people differ in their macro nutrient intakes for fat loss and performance, the role of hormone regulation the role of sleep, food quaility etc

Does that all fall under irrelevant science?

Im defensive because you're overall message has SOME holes in it but certainly not false.

In bold is exactly what I'm referring to.

Making people dependent on third parties who charge top dollar when they are not needed if your listen to your own body, train hard and heavy, rest, eat lots of protein and carbs and save a fortune while the muscle mass piles on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Making people dependent on third parties who charge top dollar when they are not needed if your listen to your own body, train hard and heavy, rest, eat lots of protein and carbs and save a fortune while the muscle mass piles on.

This info is readily available for free all over the internet, including this forum. What's more is that CT Fletcher didn't invent/discover any of this sh*t, scientists did.

Lift, eat, sleep, repeat is a pretty basic concept that even the most 'bro' of 'bro scientists' could abide by. This info has been around for decades; I can't understand why you think you've just had an epiphany.

ah jesus dude Im out

• Registered Users Posts: 39,140 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Train hard and eats loads isn't the "iron addicts method". They can't claim ownership over the most basic training & diet ever. It's been around a lot longer the CT's old ass. It literally goes back thousands of years.
    It's great that you've discovered lifting at 40. But as you said, you are only beginning. At this point doing anything would work. Don't be fooled into thinking that it only took food and iron to get built like CT.
    It's also a bit strange to disregard the opinion of people here with a financial interest in the industry (I dont btw). CT Fletcher doesn't exist because he wants to help people. The catchphrases, videos, claims, his made up "bad-ass" persona, all exists to put money in his pocket.

This whole "eat big to get big" idea as well, that landed CT in surgery for a bypass.

You notice they never mention much about health in their meathead videos, just lifting weights. Nothing about mobility, specific diet, stretching etc, you know, the rather important things that go on in the background of the fitness industry.

This info is readily available for free all over the internet, including this forum. What's more is that CT Fletcher didn't invent/discover any of this sh*t, scientists did.

Lift, eat, sleep, repeat is a pretty basic concept that even the most 'bro' of 'bro scientists' could abide by. This info has been around for decades; I can't understand why you think you've just had an epiphany.

Keep it fundamental bro. :)

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    Train hard and eats loads isn't the "iron addicts method". They can't claim ownership over the most basic training & diet ever. It's been around a lot longer the CT's old ass. It literally goes back thousands of years.
    It's great that you've discovered lifting at 40. But as you said, you are only beginning. At this point doing anything would work. Don't be fooled into thinking that it only took food and iron to get built like CT.
    It's also a bit strange to disregard the opinion of people here with a financial interest in the industry (I dont btw). CT Fletcher doesn't exist because he wants to help people. The catchphrases, videos, claims, his made up "bad-ass" persona, all exists to put money in his pocket.
    CT or Mike haven't cost me one cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,140 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

CT or Mike haven't cost me one cent.
    Neither do any of the other guys you disregarded for "making money from the industry".
    How do younthink CT pays for all his good and "supplements".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

Mr_Muffin wrote: »

here here!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

Why don't you enlighten us about your training history and how how you've come to the conclusion that their methods are the best? Have you any progress pictures or can you show us what gains you've made in your lifts?

I've been training around about 10 years now. Many times, I've started a new training program and seen great initial gains. Then I would think ''Eureka! I've cracked the code!'', however, as the weeks and months go by I would start to plateau and then realise that one program can't bring you everlasting gains. Intensity/volume needs to be tinkered with and exercise substitutions need to be made. I bet you'll realise this soon enough.

Also. Lifting heavy and eating s*hitloads will make you big and strong, but I bet you're also getting fatter. I've done many ''bulks'' in the past and convinced myself I was gaining pure muscle when in reality at least half of it was fat.

I'm still not convinced you're not a troll TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

How long you been lifting to failure every session?

I'm certain if you lift to failure 4 days a week for a month you'll be going backwards fast. It makes no sense.

Eating lots and training heavy isn't revolutionary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

There are no shortcuts to building. You've got to put in the hard yards and train to failure. Doing sets of 10's or 12's and not training to failure is a waste of your time and energy.

Follow Mike, CT and Big Rob. But only if you have the guts and personal honesty to put the real work in.

You'll never know your limits until you reach them. Blood, sweat and tears. Overtraining, hardcore. Cardio? This is true cardio, people. Don't listen to 'form fascists'. You've got to eat like there's no tomorrow and take plenty of rest in between.

In 6 months, eating as many carbs as I can get in and at age 40+ I've seen huge changes to me muscle mass. Its been a revelation and I'm only beginning.

Live the life.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHp-_faz2gINcwGEf9A6ZZg

CT is in his 50s and natural apparently, he should donate his body to science after he dies because he seems to be breaking the laws of nature as far as natural hormone levels are concerned ..

I think we were had on this one.

I think we were had on this one.

Iron addicts for life. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

OP don't listen to the haters it's clear that you're very much in love with CT. It's a beautiful thing and I for one support that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Wood

Yeah Bro. Gainz4Lyf

Get some celltech that'll help too. Well that and an education in how to lift properly and eat correctly.

We're all only 1 youtube video away from greatness.

Advertisement