Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

pad199207 wrote: »
    Johnstown Inn is great for food. Monread Lodge is good too but getting a little dinerish

Found the Monread lodge went really downhill food wise. Very suspicious when food comes out 5 mins after ordering.

Cooks of Caragh gets overlooked a lot. Really decent food. Plus one for the dew drop also

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

M lodge Hasn’t done it for me
    It’s a 5min walk from me and I’ve eaten there once which says a lot
    Ya been to the Brown Bear once and it was excellent

Dew drop looks good
    Need to convince the others though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Lex Luthor wrote: »

Have been to Two cooks
    Not a lot for a lot of money

I also have eaten in two cooks and also found it incredibly expensive.

Was also in the rustic in Naas recently & I won’t be in any rush going back, again due to it being expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭eusap

What about Tani for Sushi? also the Indian behind the town hall is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

As someone else said, Rustic is nice but pricey for what it is

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,066 ✭✭✭✭beertons

The guys that own the dew drop, own 3 other bars and are are very food/gastro focused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭granturismo

Garda checkpoint outside Kerdiff tonight breathalysing every car

Good. They were breathalysing on the Caragh Road at the K Leisure entrance, at about 9.30 last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭pad199207

Good. They were breathalysing on the Caragh Road at the K Leisure entrance, at about 9.30 last night.

Yup went through that myself. They were breathalysing everybody

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

If anyone is interested, there's a job going at The Buggyman up the road in Kill.

They're looking for a Full Time Parts Advisor / Controller.

Perhaps the spec below would suit you or someone you know who is looking for a new job.

Key Requirements:

· At least 4 years Previous experience in a similar role essential.
    · Competence in stock control systems.
    · Demonstrate strong communication, organisational and planning skills.
    · Be diligent, with a flexible approach to work, can do attitude.
    · Basic mechanical knowledge would be an advantage.
    · The candidate must be hard-working, enthusiastic and confident with excellent IT and communication skills, ability to work on one’s own initiative and as part of a busy team.

Key Tasks & Responsibilities:

· To maintain sufficient stock levels, place orders, control stock in and out, invoice processing, forecast future stock orders, stock takes, customer service.
    · To strictly adhere to existing stock control procedures and system processes.
    · To accurately identify, locate and pick parts for workshop staff and customers.
    · To seek ways to increase parts and workshop sales by identifying customer needs.

Spec and application is here: https://kildarejobs.ie/job/14062695/full-time-parts-advisor-controller

Found a false widow spider on the outside of the front downstairs window today (looks like a male)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Found a false widow spider on the outside of the front downstairs window today (looks like a male)

I found 1 of those 2 weeks ago in my back garden!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Recently refurbished house up for sale going cheap!!!

I don't want to know what that is.

beertons wrote: »
    I don't want to know what that is.

you might soon, I dropped him off 200yrds down the road :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Anyone know what all the noise going through Sallins is at the mo? Sounds like tons of car horns etc

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Charity truck run .

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

coffeepls wrote: »
    Anyone know what all the noise going through Sallins is at the mo? Sounds like tons of car horns etc

The Ross Cummins Memorial Truck Run

https://www.facebook.com/Ross-Cummins-Memorial-Truck-Run-in-aid-of-HOPE-D-335326540536951/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,731 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What's going on out in punchestown? Listening to techno music all day walking around in craddockstowns.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

What's going on out in punchestown? Listening to techno music all day walking around in craddockstowns.

Boxed Off festival. They built a warehouse as the main stage. Then a few other stages. Runs 2pm to 12.30am. Which is a bit shít as Festivals go. But not so bad if ya live nearby :)

https://www.boxedoff.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Boxed Off festival. They built a warehouse as the main stage. Then a few other stages. Runs 2pm to 12.30am. Which is a bit shít as Festivals go. But not so bad if ya live nearby :)

https://www.boxedoff.ie/

Living in Sallins and can hear this on and off all evening.

Glad for them that they are in a box because that rain is lashing down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,731 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What's the best restaurant in town for steak?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

Vie de Chateax do amazing steak but is pricey can also recommend Johnstown Inn and Lawlors do a great steak on the stone they have deals on Tuesday and Thursday nights I think which are really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

My roof is leaking! Does anyone know a good roofer? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

Carrie6OD wrote: »
    My roof is leaking! Does anyone know a good roofer? TIA

Looks like mine is too, that must have been some rain! Also looking for a recommendation is a roofer...

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭speedfreak

Anyone know if the underground car park is open at Sallins station? Was supposed to be Sept but haven’t seen any news on it in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

The bridge water in sallins have really upped their game with steaks and menu in general

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

speedfreak wrote: »
    Anyone know if the underground car park is open at Sallins station? Was supposed to be Sept but haven’t seen any news on it in a while.

Not as yet.

33 South Main had an offer on last week for a huge piece of meat with 3 sides for 50 quid.

It may have been for 2 people though.

How hungry are we talking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Heard the former owner of o’carroll’s (formerly Kennedy’s) died on a flight coming across the Atlantic today?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Heard the former owner of o’carroll’s (formerly Kennedy’s) died on a flight coming across the Atlantic today?

Advertisement