Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

I would say all it will take is some jerk/s parking there at 09h00 and heading off to work for 8-9 hours to screw the free parking up big time.

wont be long before pay parking is brought in but with few hours free after spending x amount

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Anyone know how much does it cost to hire a skip in the naas area for 2 days? Delivery and taking away of skip included?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭adgib

Depends on the size, last time I got the midi it was €150

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

the regular size, 6 cubic meters is €300,

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭eusap

Saturday morning Dunnes brought me back into town, parked in the Trax Car Park, went to farmers market, bought Veg, Cake, Fish, Meat, Walked to Nolan’s Butchers bought more meat, walked to Dunnes (bought nothing) stopped in Yum Yums for coffee, back to car park and home.

Realised there is a benefit to going to town centre and buying good quality food, shame the book shop was closed (flooding). Naas has a lot to offer but the marketing is all wrong!

I also discovered there’s a bakery at the back of lawlors hotel and a fish mongers near by, never knew they were there. I will even go as far to say I will repeat on Saturday, except the Dunnes part but it is a good pull to the rest of the town centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭anewme

East Coast Fish Mongers is there a while.. quality seafood... always busy on a Saturday when I get to go in.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,073 ✭✭✭✭beertons

We walked down the town Saturday. With a few breaks, it went past 4. Bombed into Dunne's, hit & run job after I found out east cost was closed. We all have bikes now, so we'll be able to get down earlier/quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/local-news/475368/kildare-family-held-captive-during-aggravated-burglary.html

Scary situation had friends living down in those apartments and often visited always seemed like a quiet safe area.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

rosiem wrote: »
    https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/local-news/475368/kildare-family-held-captive-during-aggravated-burglary.html

Scary situation had friends living down in those apartments and often visited always seemed like a quiet safe area.

Sounds like the family were targeted for whatever reason.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

Sounds like the family were targeted for whatever reason.

Yeah it seems so 9.30 in the evening would seem a time a lot of people would be still around including kids as well as the gaa club training on the pitches opposite.

• Advertisement

Was anyone down at the wild food festival?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Kaizer Sosa

I popped into town yesterday for a bit of grub and the harbour area was heaving with people. It's a pity there isn't more events or regular markets down there (or maybe there is and I don't know about them).

Was down town Saturday evening/night.

Big crowd in poplar square and the music was good. Weather was nice. Seemed well setup.

Is this the first time it's been on? Can't remember it happening before. Hopefully a few more events like this going forward.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

It's been happening for a few years, around by the library. The music in the square is new. Fair bit of man power needed for it. We didn't get down till late on Saturday, food all gone. But I helped taking down a few of the tents.

Anyone have Siro installed? Thinking of getting it along with Vodafone tv but I've no idea if it's any good.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I had terrible problems with my Vodafone broadband constantly dropping. They recommended SIRO might be worth trying so I did. Would recommend it.

anewme wrote: »
    I had terrible problems with my Vodafone broadband constantly dropping. They recommended SIRO might be worth trying so I did. Would recommend it.

Did you get the TV also or just broadband?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Just the broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭chazlan

Also have the broadband only - very fast indeed!

What do ye use for TV?

I got the siro and TV for 25e for the first 6 months then 65e after that. Will be interesting to see what it's like.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Garda checkpoint outside Kerdiff tonight breathalysing every car

Looking for something in the town for a night out

Open to options of many cuisines but places I am ruling out as follows

Vie de Chateau
    Trax
    Mayur
    Lemongrass
    Lawlors
    Rustic
    Fate
    Butt Mullins
    Las Radas

We typically head to Bouchon as a group of 4 and cant be faulted, but thinking of something else

Maybe a Chinese or Indian? Any thoughts of Victoria Garden in Johnstown? Heard the take away is supposed to be excellent and you got the Johnstown Inn then for some pints afterwards
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Lex Luthor wrote: »

Vie de Chateau
    Trax
    Mayur
    Lemongrass
    Lawlors
    Rustic
    Fate
    Butt Mullins
    Las Radas

We typically head to Bouchon as a group of 4 and cant be faulted, but thinking of something else

Maybe a Chinese or Indian? Any thoughts of Victoria Garden in Johnstown? Heard the take away is supposed to be excellent and you got the Johnstown Inn then for some pints afterwards
    Thanks[/quote

I’d recommend The Dew Drop in Kill or if you go to Sallins, there’s Lock 13 or Two Cooks if you want something more fine dining. Both within 5 minutes drive of Naas.

Lex Luthor wrote: »

Vie de Chateau
    Trax
    Mayur
    Lemongrass
    Lawlors
    Rustic
    Fate
    Butt Mullins
    Las Radas

Thanks[/quote

I’d recommend The Dew Drop in Kill or if you go to Sallins, there’s Lock 13 or Two Cooks if you want something more fine dining. Both within 5 minutes drive of Naas.

Have been to Two cooks
    Not a lot for a lot of money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Dew Drop Inn is very nice. Good value for good food. Would recommend.

Victoria Gardens is generally very good, but can be hit and miss. Management has changed recently I think and seems to be more consistent now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

The Brown Bear in Two Mile House is definitely worth a visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Duane Dibbley

Lock 13 is very nice

Monread lodge is a cracking spot for food.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

Johnstown Inn is great for food. Monread Lodge is good too but getting a little dinerish

• Advertisement

IrishZeus wrote: »
    Dew Drop Inn is very nice. Good value for good food. Would recommend.

Victoria Gardens is generally very good, but can be hit and miss. Management has changed recently I think and seems to be more consistent now.

I'd say both Johnstown Inn and Dew Drop can be hit and miss at times.

Reckon if you like Bouchon, you'd like brown bear.

Advertisement