Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Dunnes on the mainstreet opens today I believe.

I thought Superquinn felt bigger when it was open there. Maybes it was the crowds there today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Duane Dibbley

I thought Superquinn felt bigger when it was open there. Maybes it was the crowds there today...

The car park seems very small

• Registered Users Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭pad199207

From looking at the outside you would wonder how they all get it into the building.
    But it works and first glance it seems to be a great store when I paid a visit today.

Certainty won’t have to go to CityWest or Kilnamanagh anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Why were there crowds in a Dunnes Stores??? Has anyone who had to go on the first day never been in one before??

Bleedin' sheep...

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Why were there crowds in a Dunnes Stores??? Has anyone who had to go on the first day never been in one before??

Bleedin' sheep...

Why would you begrudge people the small bit of excitement they managed to find in a store opening?

Bleedin' killjoy! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

Bleedin' sheep...

There was free donuts and loads of offers. cashier in Tesco monread told me it was a very quiet morning as everyone gone to dunnes. id say its more bored people with nothing else to do as to opposed to being sheep.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭soundman45

I must visit as soon as possible, I dont mind sitting in traffic on Sallins Rd for 15 minutes to get onto Main St to find a guy in high viz telling you the car park is full you cant get in, sure who would want to just go to Monread , drive in, park easily, shop. If the store causes congestion in town it might not have the positive affect its hoped for.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,077 ✭✭✭✭beertons

That car park won't be free for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,807 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Yeah not sure what benefit it will have in the middle of town. There's a reason why Tesco is so popular.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Why would you begrudge people the small bit of excitement they managed to find in a store opening?

Bleedin' killjoy! :-)

You would want to be a particularly sad individual if the opening of a Dunnes Stores is a source of excitement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

You would want to be a particularly sad individual if the opening of a Dunnes Stores is a source of excitement!

You wouldn't be sayin that if you tasted the EPIC almond and pear cake I bought there yesterday. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

Anyone know of any allotments around the naas area?

Waterstown nor Jigginstown don't seem to be active anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Anyone know of any allotments around the naas area?

Waterstown nor Jigginstown don't seem to be active anymore.

There was allotments up along the canal on the way to digsby bridge. Not sure it’s there anymore but might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭soundman45

There was allotments up along the canal on the way to digsby bridge. Not sure it’s there anymore but might be.

Thats Waterstown Allotments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Anyone got awful water pressure ? In oldbridge in sallins

• Registered Users Posts: 45 The Helpful Engineer

Anyone got awful water pressure ? In oldbridge in sallins

Same here, I am also in Sallins. Our neighbour said it was caused by a burst main somewhere.

soundman45 wrote: »
    Thats Waterstown Allotments

Ah I see

Anyone been down to Dunne’s yet? Nice to see that site back in use and local jobs

Article gives it a good write up but with only 45 car spaces I think people might get frustrated with the place-

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/home/472853/warm-reception-among-kildare-shoppers-for-new-dunnes-stores.html

Anyone else’s water in sallins looking a bit brown/silty?

Looks like it happened after the water outage earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Ours looks alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Ours fine also.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Just to say that the new notion-y-Dunnes has brought my elderly mother into the town! Easy for her to park (she'd never be in there at peak times) gets a few bits done in the town (banking, charity shops and coffee shop so far) buys the paper and the lotto and maybe one or two items in Dunnes and off she goes. Twice in one week now and that's more than the last few months combined.

As notion-y as the new Dunnes is (not a word...I know) it is a good thing for the town!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,807 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is the parking in dunnes free?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,077 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Is the parking in dunnes free?

For now, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Went to the new (posh) Dunnes today.

Beautiful store with Sheridans Cheesemongers, an instore bakery, James whelan butchers, decent fish counte, Nourish concession and a deli similar to Avoca.

I didnt like the car park, spaces were tight, wouldn't park my new car there as could well imagine the doors would be dinged so I drove back out and found a space on the street. The car park is too small for the shop, but they had limited space obviously.

Really liked the store. Quality of produce way above Tesco Monread but I'd say more expensive. It's an asset to the town definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

beertons wrote: »
    For now, yes.

I would say all it will take is some jerk/s parking there at 09h00 and heading off to work for 8-9 hours to screw the free parking up big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭anewme

beertons wrote: »
    For now, yes.

I would say all it will take is some jerk/s parking there at 09h00 and heading off to work for 8-9 hours to screw the free parking up big time.

There are security ppl there. I dont think they will get away with that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I would assume they'd be clamped fairly quickly.

Btw, where's the traffic chaos all the numpties on Facebook were forecasting.?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭pad199207

anewme wrote: »
    Went to the new (posh) Dunnes today.

Beautiful store with Sheridans Cheesemongers, an instore bakery, James whelan butchers, decent fish counte, Nourish concession and a deli similar to Avoca.

I didnt like the car park, spaces were tight, wouldn't park my new car there as could well imagine the doors would be dinged so I drove back out and found a space on the street. The car park is too small for the shop, but they had limited space obviously.

Really liked the store. Quality of produce way above Tesco Monread but I'd say more expensive. It's an asset to the town definitely.

Great shop with great options. Have been in it a few times already. Did the weekly shop there last Friday. Yeah more expensive then our usual Aldi shop but with the €10 euro off vouchers it brought it back down to the Aldi Total.

I will say though it is way too small for the population of the Naas/Sallins Area. Just a bit bigger than the Maynooth one would be ideal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

anewme wrote: »
    There are security ppl there. I dont think they will get away with that at all.

I was there thurs & Sat and both days most of the disabled spots were occupied by cars without badges displayed - not sure the "security" are doing much more than directing traffic

Great shop though and as said a great asset to the town

Advertisement