Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Not strictly news but here's a pretty comprehensive overview of NJPW at present with an eye on their version of WrestleMania, Wrestle Kingdom 10 at the Tokyo Dome on Jan 4th.

Guide to Wrestle Kingdom 10

This show is always top of the range. Check out highlights of last years show for a taster. All the usual questions are asked (Is there English commentary? There is!) and who's feuding with who etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/98696/big-rockwwe-update.html?p=1

The Rock will be at WrestleMania next year

vince_mcmahon_2.0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

So the Rock will be at WrestleMania:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/32/rock-wrestlemania-announcement-28452505

On his instragram account he said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/_2bOsFIh3N/?taken-by=therock
    People's Champ is coming home to do 3 things with THE PEOPLE: Set an ALL-TIME attendance record, ELECTRIFY Dallas like never before & make all time #WRESTLEMANIA history.

I don't think he would be saying the above if he is just showing up to talk. How can he take credit for an all-time attendance record if he's not wrestling? Or for that matter, "electrifying Dallas like never before".

Would have been much cooler if he showed up on Raw to make the announcement but I guess he's busy and maybe they felt they needed the announcement now to beef up ticket sales.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Once in a lifetime 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Once in a lifetime 4?

Only happened twice before, no?
    :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Pinkman

I find this surprising considering he is very busy filming around Mania and it had been reported he was having problems getting insurance to wrestle considering he got injured at 29 which delayed filming for 6 weeks on Hercules.. My guess is they are now going ahead with the Rock vs HHH match and with Vinny Mac back on TV I bet it's going to be for control of the company with Vince in Rock's corner. 2000 all over again but a match with HHH is as safe as he is going to get in terms of avoiding injuries. Have something like HHH vs Sting with people interfering - HBK superkicking The Rock, Austin coming out and stunning Hunter etc.

Mania tickets must be selling very slowly for them to announce this before the Road to Mania is even under way.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,150 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Some people might get pissy at him coming back and "taking a spot" on the show but I'm delighted. Wrestlemania is the biggest show of the year and it needs star power and Rock brings that.

If he's wrestling, all the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Rock v Brock? That would shift tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,497 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd say Vince will be throwing money at guys to come in for one shot deals to make it the biggest card ever and sell the 100k tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'd say Vince will be throwing money at guys to come in for one shot deals to make it the biggest card ever and sell the 100k tickets

Who is there to come in though? Jericho has lost his worth, Rocky probably won't be wrestling, Stone Cold will definitely not be wrestling if he even shows up, Hogan has been shunned, Sting is more than likely injured, Angle and the Hardys are off the table, HBK is done for sure and even Randy Orton won't be there through injury. I won't even mention CM Punk for obvious reasons.

The only big names I can see on this card are Brock, Cena, Taker, Triple H and at a huge push Batista (I'd put him up there with the rest but I can't think of any reason he wouldn't come back, he sure as hell wouldn't sell a lot of tickets though). It's shaping up to be a mediocre Wrestlemania. I'll still be looking forward to it because it's Wrestlemania but there aren't really any big names to come in to make it a huge event.

• Advertisement

Goldberg would be the big one.

The Hardy's

Hogan will have served his penance by then.

I wouldn't be surprised if he brought in Nakamura

I'd like Angle just because I'd pop bigger for him than anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Goldberg would be the big one.

The Hardy's

Hogan will have served his penance by then.

I wouldn't be surprised if he brought in Nakamura

I'd like Angle just because I'd pop bigger for him than anyone.

Jeff is very badly injured though, will do well to even wrestle in 2016 from what I've read, Matt on his own isn't a draw. Would also love to see Angle more than any other wrestler, but the timing doesn't seem right and I highly doubt he'd ever be cleared by WWE docs based on their track record.

Forgot about Goldberg, and he actually seems to want to do it. I suppose time will tell but I'm personally not too optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Pentecost wrote: »
    Rock v Brock? That would shift tickets.

I said it before and i'll say it again, he got injured wrestling Cena of all people, i think theres no way he's putting himself in there with Lesnar, he'll do a segment in the ring, probably get interrupted by Austin, 2 nobodies wIll be sent out, stunner, rock bottom, beer, crowd cheer, everybody is happy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'd love to see them give Kurt Angle one more chance and a run on top before he retires finally. Nakamura would be cool but would he really shift any extra tickets for WrestleMania? The Hulk Hogan one is tricky. I'd say just let him back and don't mention the war. Realistically though The Hardy Boys are their most viable option for bringing back a nostalgia act I think. I'm not sure how pumped I'd be to see Bill Goldberg come back wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I said it before and i'll say it again, he got injured wrestling Cena of all people, i think theres no way he's putting himself in there with Lesnar, he'll do a segment in the ring, probably get interrupted by Austin, 2 nobodies wIll be sent out, stunner, rock bottom, beer, crowd cheer, everybody is happy

Personally i'd love to see Angle back to, deserves to finish his career back in the wwe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Lemmy from Motorhead died. One of my favourite entrance songs in wrestling

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Did they just use Ace of Spades for NXT last week as well, or was I imagining that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,730 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

An File wrote: »
    Did they just use Ace of Spades for NXT last week as well, or was I imagining that?

Wasn't it the theme song for the last Takeover ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Very sad to see this Awesome theme music for both Triple H and Evolution.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

http://youtu.be/SyUeRXYBYIg

I prefer that one. Is that motor head too?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I prefer that one. Is that motor head too?

That's Chris Warren/Age Against The Machine. They performed live at WMXIV and SummerSlam 98 if u wanna gander at them!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I see WWE have re-defined the Grand Slam today on their WWE Youtube page. The current Grandslam is:

WWE WHC
    WWE IC Title
    WWE Tag Title
    WWE US Title

It lists Big Show, The Miz, Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero and Edge as Grand Slam winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

THE ****ING MIZ

• Registered Users Posts: 23,150 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Miz headlined Wrestlemania with John Cena and won.

It still astounds me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Riddle101

That makes the most sense to me. I always wonder why they did away with the grand slam thing years ago. It feels like a great achievement to have held all the main championship in the company from a kayfabe standpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Omackeral wrote: »
    I see WWE have re-defined the Grand Slam today on their WWE Youtube page. The current Grandslam is:

WWE WHC
    WWE IC Title
    WWE Tag Title
    WWE US Title

It lists Big Show, The Miz, Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero and Edge as Grand Slam winners.

Bryan as well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

J. Marston wrote: »
    Miz headlined Wrestlemania with John Cena and won.

It still astounds me.

Miz and the rock are the only ones to beat cena at a wrestlemania

oh i think orton actually beat him now that i think of it at 24, not sure if he took the pin it might have been hhh.

still tho its crazy the miz is in that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Omackeral wrote: »

WWE WHC
    WWE IC Title
    WWE Tag Title
    WWE US Title

It's kinda cringey when they ignore Benoit in things like this even though I understand completely why they have to do it. Then again he won the World Heavyweight title, not the WWE title, so not sure if they are including both.

• Advertisement

Rey Mysterio signs a two year deal with Lucha Underground.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement