Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Rey Mysterio signs a two year deal with Lucha Underground.

Injured for both so.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Jammy bar steward.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

She was going for Bradley Cooper but settled for the lookalike. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,870 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Matt Rehwoldt (NXT's Aiden English) married Shaul Guerrero the daughter of Eddie and Vickie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,497 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

WWE's website listed 16 Superstars to watch in 2016

No Finn.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/16-superstars-to-watch-in-2016

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

There's not much point in the spoiler tags with that url :D

There's not much point in the spoiler tags with that url :D

Yeah, the url does give it away :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I know Jericho is a jobber and all now, but it would be interesting to see Lesnar and Jericho face off at Fastlane. Nobody would buy Jericho winning but it would be an interesting bout I think.

Injury update on Antonio Cesaro & a revamped NXT commentary team

http://wrestlingnews.co/injury-update-on-cesaro-new-nxt-commentary-team/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I know Jericho is a jobber and all now, but it would be interesting to see Lesnar and Jericho face off at Fastlane. Nobody would buy Jericho winning but it would be an interesting bout I think.

After the Fandango fiasco, Jericho said he isn't coming back unless it's for something big. He already makes decent money and was very happy doing house shows so he didn't have to come back to television unless he was promised something big (then again there was the pointless Night of Champions thing, so maybe not :)).

Jericho-Lesnar would be great actually. Even the promos between Jericho and Heyman. :)

Did they ever have a match back in Lesnar's first run?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

• Registered Users Posts: 60,497 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think it would be amazing if the WWE did debut Balor and the Balor/Bullet Club in the Main Event of the RR and had them dominate everyone NWO style.

This would stun the whole WWE Universe in that probably 70% of the Universe wouldn't have a clue who these guys are and what the hell is going on and the other 30% would would just hugely mark out.

It really would be a game changer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Coulson, do you work for WWE? Because only people who work for WWE use the term WWE Universe. No other actual human being could use that f*cking term. ;-)

Think Balor will be linked with Gallows & Anderson but makes no sense for him to hook up with AJ given that they would be competing for the same spot in the group. Personally I'd expect them as a three, in NXT. But honestly that's just a shot in the dark. I have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

They should just have all 5 debut together so what if it doesn't make sense at 1st after a few weeks you can have them fall into there roles maybe even have AJ and Balor feud for Wresltemania with the Bullet Club getting involved

• Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Riddle101 wrote: »

I am sure the match would be fine, and while I loved Chris back in the day, I just think right now its a waste of time for Brock to be wrestling a part timer when you remember how rare his appearances are. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I am sure the match would be fine, and while I loved Chris back in the day, I just think right now its a waste of time for Brock to be wrestling a part timer when you remember how rare his appearances are. :(

I think jericho will fight ambrose at mania after there interaction at night of champions

Rjd2 wrote: »

The majority of Brocks PPV matches since his return have been against Taker and Hunter, who are part timers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

He fought punk once, cena three times? and in the triple threat against Cena and Seth. Plus Roman and Big Show. His fought Taker three times and Hunter twice. So it's really a mix of Part and Full timers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

If the opponent is doing the job, using a part timer doesn't seem like much of an issue to me. The real problem with jericho is that he's basically a really over jobber for about five years now.

He fought punk once, cena three times? and in the triple threat against Cena and Seth. Plus Roman and Big Show. His fought Taker three times and Hunter twice. So it's really a mix of Part and Full timers.

Taker x 3 - WM30, Summerslam & HIAC 15
    Hunter x 3 - Summerslam 12, WM 29, Extreme Rules 13

Cena x 3
    Punk x 1
    Rollins x 1
    Show x 1
    Roman x 1

So 6 matches v part timers, 7 v regulars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Monokne wrote: »

Cena x 3
    Punk x 1
    Rollins x 1
    Show x 1
    Roman x 1

Actually:
    Big Show x 2 (Network special in MSG)
    Kofi Kingston x 1 (Beast in the East)

Actually:
    Big Show x 2 (Network special in MSG)
    Kofi Kingston x 1 (Beast in the East)

Don't count the network only shows. They're just house shows, televised.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Cena x 3
    Punk x 1
    Rollins x 1
    Show x 1
    Roman x 1

Rollins is 2 the triple threat at the rumble and battleground

Double Post

Cena x 3
    Punk x 1
    Rollins x 1
    Show x 1
    Roman x 1

Cena at four. Extreme Rules, Sumerslam, Night of Champions and the 3 way at the rubmle. Rollins is at two. Battleground and the 3 way. Tipping it over for the full timers.

Paige out of action with a slight concussion – details
    http://wrestlingnewspost.com/paige-out-of-action-with-a-slight-concussion-details/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Looks like Ronda Rousey won't be fighting this July or anytime soon according to Dana White, is it possible she could work Mania now I wonder? As both an MMA and pro wrestling fan I'd mark out like hell to see her wrestle a match, but I'm not sure it's what a lot of the traditional wrestling fans would want. What do ye think, good or bad to see her compete in the squared circle?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement