Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

the difference is his toothless threat is a real toothless threat

Welcome to the toothless aggression era!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

He kind of sounds like a lot of the punters around here who complain about WWE every week! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Sheamus involved in a fan incident at WWE live event

http://www.wrestlingnews.co/sheamus-involved-in-a-fan-incident-at-wwe-live-event/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I assume it was a plastic bottle? An empty one of those wouldn't do too much damage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Yes, congratulations on being a generic IWC member Mick, complete with the "ooh WWE had better shape up or I'll quit watching" toothless threat.

Considering the audience has dropped by 20% in a year, those threats aren't toothless. I'm not watching and it takes a lot to drive me off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Lithium93_ wrote: »

It's a shameful thing, lost your head.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Monokne wrote: »
    Considering the audience has dropped by 20% in a year, those threats aren't toothless. I'm not watching and it takes a lot to drive me off.

Sure I'm not watching either but like ourselves, I'd wager almost all of them haven't actually quit wrestling; they still keep an ear to the ground. As soon as something decent happens (like the Rumble, Mania) they'll be back. And then post-Mania lull will happen all over again! Especially as someone who loves wrestling/WWE/getting a payday dearly like Mick :o

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Just had a look at some ratings. Dammit, that's like a half million or more down from this time last year. Serious drop.

RAW ratings
    November 2014: 2.7 2.82 2.75 2.74 3.05
    November 2015: 2.45 2.31 2.22 2.27 2.15

Maybe if they keep the belt on Sheamus for 12 months it will lift. ;)

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Sure I'm not watching either but like ourselves, I'd wager almost all of them haven't actually quit wrestling; they still keep an ear to the ground. As soon as something decent happens (like the Rumble, Mania) they'll be back. And then post-Mania lull will happen all over again! Especially as someone who loves wrestling/WWE/getting a payday dearly like Mick :o

I agree with this principal, but the key is that every time they drive a segment of their audience off, whatever comes back is less than what went away. In 2010 they were still hitting the 5 million mark on occasion. In 2015 they are scraping above 3 million. There are people who are staying switched off.

• Advertisement

Do you think that 15 years ago it was more possible for them to gain new viewers of any age, whereas in 2015 the only people who start watching having never seen it before are children?

There is no evidence that they are gaining younger viewers. If you look at the demographic stats, the percentage of the audience that is under 18 has never been lower.

They put out a bad product, and too much of it. It makes it virtually impossible to expand the audience. Who has that much free time anyway?

WWE reducing the amount of shows for their next European tour
    http://www.wrestlingnews.co/wwe-reduces-the-amount-of-shows-for-their-next-european-tour/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

WWE reducing the amount of shows for their next European tour
    http://www.wrestlingnews.co/wwe-reduces-the-amount-of-shows-for-their-next-european-tour/

The only days where there will be split crews are Tuesday, April 19 and Wednesday, April 20.

*Checks Dublin date*

anchorman.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The only days where there will be split crews are Tuesday, April 19 and Wednesday, April 20.

*Checks Dublin date*

*checks Raw taping*

All good!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,497 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They are hiring someone to watch what is printed and said about them in the media.

WWE Job.

Media Monitor
    Stamford, CT- Headquarters
    ApplyApply with LinkedIn
    Key Responsibilities:
    Monitoring media/news that involves and/or impacts WWE
    Responsible for tracking what media outlets are saying about the WWE brand and its product
    Must update data on the corporate website
    Will assist with PR related functions when needed
    Other duties as assigned

Qualifications:
    Bachelor degree required, preferably with a degree in PR, Communications, Marketing or a closely-related field of study
    Must have a strong record of academic and professional success
    Ideal candidate will have work experience that demonstrates self-motivation, responsibility, intelligence and leadership
    Must have strong Digital/Social Media and Internet research skills
    Qualified candidates will possess a familiarity with current affairs and news-related media
    Must have ability to work nights and weekends
    _

https://wwecorp.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/wwecorp/job/Stamford-CT--Headquarters/Media-Monitor_R0000361-1

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Let them come across boards!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I haven't even started with the tirades I could give about this product right now.

Also we haven't had a good Omackerel rant in forever. It's long overdue :pac:

Someone in the company must be reading this forum, as WWE sent out a survey: WWE is concerned with low ratings, fans asked why they are not watching Raw

http://www.wrestlingnews.co/124772-2/

2 of the questions from the survey, whoever greenlit this http://i.imgur.com/iWKad22.jpg
    Do you ever change the channel during an episode of Raw (including during commercial breaks)?

Do you ever fast forward during recorded episodes of Raw?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Someone in the company must be reading this forum, as WWE sent out a survey: WWE is concerned with low ratings, fans asked why they are not watching Raw

http://www.wrestlingnews.co/124772-2/

2 of the questions from the survey, whoever greenlit this http://i.imgur.com/iWKad22.jpg

That's one massive Picard!

Are ratings a big a deal as they once were though, with PVR etc? I know, I used to only watch Raw throughout the week, very rarely live. Does PVR content get factored into ratings now at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I could be wrong but I think they do get separate PVR figures in America but they'd be of much lower marketing value than live ratings since people generally just skip the ads.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    That's one massive Picard!

Are ratings a big a deal as they once were though, with PVR etc? I know, I used to only watch Raw throughout the week, very rarely live. Does PVR content get factored into ratings now at all?

Indeed it is a massive Picard, I would say because of the USA Network, ratings might be a high priority for those in positions of power, must be panic/chaos in Hartford with ratings plummeting, plummeting badly if they have to send out surveys.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,960 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I haven't even started with the tirades I could give about this product right now.

Also we haven't had a good Omackerel rant in forever. It's long overdue :pac:

Coming soon: A 3 hour special edition Boards.ie PW Podcast. Part 1 of 2. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Coming soon: A 3 hour special edition Boards.ie PW Podcast. Part 1 of 2. :)

I would love this. Love it

keeganrant_450x300.jpg

I could be wrong but I think they do get separate PVR figures in America but they'd be of much lower marketing value than live ratings since people generally just skip the ads.

The +7 number is less than 10% so it is not that significant. And yes, it is pretty meaningless because people aren't watching the ads.

Who do these surveys get sent out to, do you have to be a part of some sort of list somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Who do these surveys get sent out to, do you have to be a part of some sort of list somewhere?

Think they only send them out to the Roman Reigns Fan Club, which is just Kevin Dunn, who keys in the answers Vince tells him to.

What about Howard Finkel and Pat Patterson?

Mick Foley’s son to join the WWE Creative Team
    http://www.wrestlingnews.co/mick-foleys-son-to-join-the-wwe-creative-team/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Should stop Pop berating creative I guess

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement