Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New games are up now.

Axiom Verge 2 is €16.19 (with 10% discount for the next 7 days)

Islanders is a very reasonable €4.99.

Post edited by Mr E on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Just watching a review of Islanders and yeah, that looks a very pleasant wee game. And at that price, it's hard not to push the purchase button.

Yeah played it this morning. Not sure I fully understand the mechanics, but I like what I played.

Axiom Verge 2 is great too. I find myself dodging enemies more than engaging them though - the melee combat will take some getting used to.

It plays quite differently to the first one.

One negative - I'm not a fan of the map. It's a bit of a blurry mess.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,554 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've got this on PS4/VR and the Xbox, and it has always looked amazing.

But, will the lower resolution of the Switch not really hurt this one?

It's getting to that time again... 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,921 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So you're saying no direct this month?

Apart from Metroid, are there any games due soon that could get its own direct? Partner showcase maybe?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,554 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Half Life 3?

Switch 2.0 exclusive?

"Until it's released, here's Half Life Alyx for Labo VR"

Though at this rate it seems Bayonetta 3 is the next Half Life 3

• Registered Users Posts: 16,580 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I'm convinced there will be a September Direct. And that they'll reveal their Christmas title.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Makes sense.

Anything with some more BOTW2 info would be nice. Or a new Mario 2D or 3D reveal.

• Advertisement

I think the final Smash character is due by the end of the year as well.

Smash , aaawwwww , saviour of the universe

Tune in 23/09 at 11pm (Irish time) for a Nintendo Direct livestream featuring roughly 40 minutes of information focussed mainly on Nintendo Switch games launching this winter.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Got to love the baity nature of that "mainly" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I would LOVE for Persona 5 (Royal or not) to be announced...

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

LETS GOOOOOO!

Which game will they unnecessarily focus too much time on? Animal Crossing Halloween event? Too much detail about the SMT V battle system?

Basically what games have I no interest in that will take time away from possible appearances of games I'm interested in that wouldn't be appearing anyway?

I'll check the news on Friday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Same. These things are like budgets; better to tune in the day after when the dust has settled and the summaries drawn up. Find these Directs too drawn out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

It honestly kind of mystifies me that anyone who isn't doing it for their job watches these things. Like, I can understand how people see value in many things that don't interest me, but I draw the line at 30-60 minute marketing videos. (30-60 hours would be a bit much even for Nintendo, though I bet they'd get close if they did a full unedited Direct about whatever's coming next in Smash...)

Post edited by Fysh on

I've left a message with Nintendo on their fax machine to give me a call when BOTW2 drops, or a new Mario platformer.

I guess the same reason people watch football instead of just checking the results when the match is over. People are interested in what's coming and enjoy watching the reveals and possibly be surprised.

Bayonetta 3 and a new Kirby game are probably nailed on for showing tonight, given NOJ's updated release schedule.

The new site is awful. I hate it. How are you supposed to do spoiler tags now? Though they probably don't need them. But someone had a hissy fit on Discord for me even saying that Bayonetta 3 is listed for release next year.

Post edited by sligeach on

Spoiler tags and other formatting options are found here.

Thanks. I seen that post before, but things should be intuitive. I stand by what I said earlier, this new site is 💩. It won't let me quote your reply either. And I edited my earlier post, highlighted the 3 words in spoiler tags, and the whole post is covered in a spoiler tag. 😑

I'd love to know if the site is getting more, or less traffic, since the update. I would say less. It's a pain in the @R$€.

Edit: Now it's letting me quote you.

Nintendo Direct – 23.09.2021

The Japanese Direct is well under way if you can't wait the last 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Far, far less, based on the post count in forums I was following.

N64 and Segar games on Switch Online, yeah! New pricing, boo!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,019 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pretty amazing line up of games in fairness.

But why the megadrive 3 button pad? It's awful. I mean you have the 6 button pad which is the best gamepad ever other than the Saturn pad. Why not that!

Advertisement