Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Yes!!! Smash Brothers and more stability inbound!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I call maybe perhaps we see some new amiibo maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Expect Zelda news to feature prominently.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm definitely not getting my hopes up with regards any major announcements, especially a BoTW2. Filing under the category of believing it when I see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,862 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

50 minutes? As long as they don't go into all the detail for a Smash character.
    Stuff they'll show that I have no interest in will be Pokémon, Animal Crossing, Bravely Default and Monster Hunter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

pixelburp wrote: »
    I'm definitely not getting my hopes up with regards any major announcements, especially a BoTW2. Filing under the category of believing it when I see it.

I'm the same. Even the Smash character I'm not getting my hopes up. Pretty much none of the DLC characters have interested me. So zero expectations, hoping to be surprised like I was when Age of Hyrule got announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The last Nintendo direct was so long ago they announced SNES games for Switch. Wouldn't be upset if they put N64 games on there but it will probably won't happen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ha; maybe, given the Zelda anniversary it won't be a BoTW2 ... but an official announcement of that live-action Netflix Zelda show there was supposed to be in gestation. Apparently, it got canned after the story was leaked back in 2015, Nintendo generally spiky about leaks to begin with

(for those unfamiliar, Kotaku ran an article. Supposedly there was also a StarFox cartoon on the way too: https://kotaku.com/nintendo-canned-netflix-s-live-action-zelda-tv-show-due-1846182766)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭McFly85

What I expect:

Lots of Zelda, possibly the Wii U ones ported over and mayyyybe a new trailer for BoTW2

The rest being smash and some trailers for BD2, P5S

What I perennially want:

A Golden Sun Remaster

• Advertisement

Dear dog Golden Sun would be epic, I'd love to see Radiant Historia for Switch it's a damn good game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

At last !

Something to look forward to!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Half Life 3... Switch exclusive....

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Half Life 3... Switch exclusive....

Packaged in the Red Bundle with Episode 3

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Hatch8harry

Nintendo is effectively the real world equivalent of Willy Wonkas Chocolate Factory, where once every so often through their Directs, we get a glimpse at what these crazy bastards are up to...

Based on the carefully worded tweet "focusing on available games.... and games coming ... first half of 2021", I dont think we can expect many reveals of unannounced titles scheduled for release in the second half of the year. Possibly reveal one, but would expect focus to be on:

Smash Bros DLC
    Animal Crossing Spring update
    Possible Age of Calamity DLC
    New Mario Sports game (please be golf!)
    Re-release of a Zelda game or collection to celebrate 35th anniversary (would expect first half of 2021 if BOTW 2 is on course for end of year)
    Silksong dated (but they could push this to the inevitable March Indie Showcase)
    Axiom Verge 2 dated or shadow dropped (but probably held for March Indie Showcase too)
    Update to Nintendo Switch Online
    No more Heroes 3 release date/window
    No Pokemon news (will be kept for an upcoming seperate Pokemon direct)
    3rd party offerings sprinkled throughout with a montage near the end - possibly some nice surprises here..

Directs tend to start and finish big, typically unannounced first party content. Possibly start with Smash character reveal but with the 50 min running time, they could put the smash content in the middle somewhere and start with a new 1st party title (new Mario Sports title?). I think it finishes with a banger, hopefully BOTW 2 teaser, with title reveal and vague release window.

Jaysus, I'd love some Mario Kart 8 DLC.

Wasn't it the last E3 Direct that was 50 mins long then the last 20 or 30 of that was Smash?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Hatch8harry

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wasn't it the last E3 Direct that was 50 mins long then the last 20 or 30 of that was Smash?

I think it was the E3 direct 2018 that had the substantial smash content. But Smash was their marque title to be released later that same year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Smash has ruined Nintendo Directs.

Who cares about a new smash character...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Smash has ruined Nintendo Directs.

Who cares about a new smash character...

Agreed. They could throw up a reveal on Twitter and focus the Direct on things that need more attention to convey.

Smash pays the bills unfortunately

smash says sorry not sorry

• Advertisement

I don't mind a Smash reveal if it's just that. But if they go into the details they now save for separate Directs then that will be bad.

At 50 mins they're sure to go into unnecessary retail for a few games I've no interest in but I know others are. Like probably explain the systems in Bravely Default 2, or how the Spring update will change Animal Crossing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Similarly underwhelmed by the prospect of a Smash announcement but I’m incredibly impressed by how passionate the speculation is for a new character - that is a community that doesn’t know the meaning of a low-simmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I must be the only Nintendo fan to have never played a smash game.

Nope, never played Smash, no interest in fighting games by and large, so the game/series just doesn't interest

I bought smash on the switch. Played it for 5 minutes. Not for me. Really, this game was released a couple of years ago. Enough is enough. Can't the creator ( Sakurai) work on something else ? He must really love smash. And it's a game that's all about the really fine details of movement and player vs player. I think he must be from another planet ... how does he focus on this one franchise for so long !!!! Let the man create something new!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭tbahh

Haha it's turning into a Super Smash Bash Thread on here! :D

I love the reveals of new fighters, but I can understand that if you are not really interested in the series, then it can be annoying that it's given so much attention. However, the only time that Smash got a significant amount of Direct time was E3 2018 as it was the focus game. Since then, it either has had its own direct/fighter presentation videos or just a reveal trailer in a general Direct. This will be the same tonight. I can even see them doing something like 'the next fighter is a Pokémon rep, find out who next week during the 25th anniversary Direct' and therefore the best-selling fighting game ever will only have a couple of minutes later. So more time to reveal other games coming out this year!

Ultimate was the first one I really played and liked the single player mode. But haven't played since finishing it. I like the reveals because I enjoy the announcement trailer. But once they go into the details of their moveset all interest goes.

Any leaks yet

Any leaks yet

HULK SMASH !!!! :)

• Advertisement

Nintendo better than Marvel and Disney so oooooohhhh the leaks on YouTube for a certain show I'd be a stinker if I said even one of em.

See you all at 22:00:01

Advertisement