Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,589 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Hopefully there's some good announcements over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

sligeach wrote: »
    Today and around about now would be the time that Nintendo would be having their E3 Direct if it wasn't for the Coronavirus. Instead, we have nothing.

WE HAVE HOPE AND WE HAVE DREAMS

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭tbahh

I wouldn't be surprised if we see some sort of Direct this month but concentrating on first-party titles.

Here are a few thoughts I've thrown together:

- Paper Mario: The Origami King: I can see this game getting a lot more info, maybe even a playthrough. It was announced 8 weeks before its release date, we're coming up to 4 weeks now so we're due to get more details on it;
    - Animal Crossing: New Horizons: Nothing is known about future DLC from July onwards. New shops, new characters, new events. This could take up a segment;
    - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: This would probably start the Direct with the reveal of the ARMS character. Followed by an introduction to the character with Mr. Sakurai after the direct - This is going to happen this month regardless of whether we get a Direct or not. May also contain a new fighter reveal (see below);
    - Pokémon Sword & Shield: No doubt another look at the Expansion Pass, maybe a Pokémon revealed as a new fighter with the Wild Area as a stage - this is going to happen but just as a matter of when. Rillaboom or Toxtricity as potential candidates! I'm also thinking that Pokémon Let's Go in the Johto region will come out this year, with Diamond/Pearl remakes for 2021;
    - More DLC for games like 51 Worldwide Games, Ring Fit Adventure, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, etc.;
    - N64 games for Nintendo Switch Online subscribers;
    - Metroid Prime Trilogy to launch in August;
    - A look at the line-up coming this autumn and winter - mostly celebrating Mario's 35th anniversary;
    - Look at No More Heroes 3;
    - And to (maybe) end, another trailer for the sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild!

I also get so excited when this thread gets updated as I think a Direct has been announced. Sorry if I got your hopes up with this post! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

tbahh wrote: »
    I also get so excited when this thread gets updated as I think a Direct has been announced. Sorry if I got your hopes up with this post! :D

Yes, me too.

I think we should rename this thread to:
    "Nintendo Direct Speculation"
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,554 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You know, one of the moderators could start infracting users who deliberately post here with malicious intent, or any intent really, just for the love of infracting users...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

SwitchForce have posted a rumour of a big Direct happening on July 20th (what would have been Nintendo's E3 presentation)

Hope it's true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Mr E wrote: »
    SwitchForce have posted a rumour of a big Direct happening on July 20th (what would have been Nintendo's E3 presentation)

Hope it's true!

Where there's speculation there's hope ! :):)

There is a Devolver Digital presentation (Devolver Direct) on Saturday, Ubisoft Forward is on Sunday, and Bandai Namco have Play Anime Live on July 22nd.

Should be some good switch announcements between those three, I think.

I was going to say that whatever game Thalamus Digital submitted to Nintendo, I think we may see it in the Devolver Digital presentation on Saturday. They were promoting it in previous Tweets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Lot of rumour about a possible Direct potentially dropped tomorrow. Should see the first signs of the Mario collection if so.

Today at 3pm (UK time), we'll debut the first Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase, a new series focused on titles from our development & publishing partners. We'll share a few updates on a small group of previously announced Nintendo Switch games.

The Japanese Tweet says it will be 10 minutes long. :confused:

Google Translate:
    "Nintendo Direct mini software maker lineup 2020.7" that introduces information on software maker titles will be released today at 23:00. It will be an archive video of about 10 minutes centered on the follow-up report.

That's crap, I'm sorry. Doesn't look like there will be Mario remasters, Metroid news or BOTW2 news.

Yep. Depending on how you interpret it, it could just be 10 minutes of updates on previously announced 3rd party games. That would be disappointing. Maybe Nintendo will focus on their own titles later in the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

That's disappointing. I hope to hear more about Bayonetta 3, Silksong and Sports Story, but I won't get my hopes up. Ten minutes of updates on already announced third party games is truly the bare minimum for a Direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I would imagine they're still working on a more comprehensive direct in the background.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    I would imagine they're still working on a more comprehensive direct in the background.

I assume so, and there's a chance they could even give a date at the end of today's video. It'll come when its ready, and I'm sure it'll be worth the wait!

Been a long time since I was hyped for anything coming out on Switch. Animal Crossing and Pokemon aren't my kinda games. Last 3 games I bought were 2 Indies for less than €5 each and NBA 2K when it dropped to €1. They need some big hitters before the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,922 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Bakugan Remastered collection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,659 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Been a long time since I was hyped for anything coming out on Switch. Animal Crossing and Pokemon aren't my kinda games. Last 3 games I bought were 2 Indies for less than €5 each and NBA 2K when it dropped to €1. They need some big hitters before the end of the year.

I haven't turned on my Switch in about a month, longest I've gone without playing it since picking one up about two years ago!

I got bored with Animal Crossing after about 40 hours so decided to take a bit of a break.

Really need a bit hitter alright to get back into the swing of it. Was thinking about picking up Paper Mario.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

This sort of sounds like something to show 3rd parties who they would have had a marketing etc deal with to show at E3/Summer but with that not happening, they have to still use an outlet for them. 10 min is pretty short though.

The 'first...... a series' is interesting wording. At least they have said exactly what it is up front. Hopefully first party news won't be too far behind.

It's certainly possible that they are changing how they are going to do Directs from now on. I do love a long Nintendo Direct but there are moments when I tune out when they're spending a long time on a game that doesn't appeal too much to me.
    The one they had in March was called a Mini but was nearly 30 minutes long - no doubt called a Mini due to the lack of blockbuster annoucements.
    From what I'm reading, today's Direct will be a mixture of first-party and third-party annoucements, which will supposedly include the
    35th anniversary Mario games

10 minutes is quite a long time if they only focus on reveals. I don't think there will be a Smash reveal or new AC:NH details.

10 minutes is quite a long time if they only focus on reveals..

My understanding is that there won't be any reveals, they're only giving updates on previously announced games, and only partner games, so nothing first party.
    We'll share a few updates on a small group of previously announced #NintendoSwitch games.

pasta-solo wrote: »
    My understanding is that there won't be any reveals, they're only giving updates on previously announced games, and only partner games, so nothing first party.

According to the one who leaked the July 20th date, the wording of the tweet was a bit confusing and there's going to be a mixture of both... but who knows, we'll know in two hours anyway! :)

According to the one who leaked the July 20th date, the wording of the tweet was a bit confusing and there's going to be a mixture of both... but who knows, we'll know in two hours anyway! :)

Looking forward to it for sure! Fingers crossed for Silksong, Sports Story and maybe even a date for Doom Eternal!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

With Kentucky Route Zero and Cross Code out now, I don't really have any smaller indie titles that I'm desperate to get my hands on. Would like to see Kingdoms of Amalur Re-reckoning announced, but right now, I've got more games than I have time to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Likely a definitive launch date for Bravely Default II will be announced in the Direct this afternoon I reckon.

Would love one surprise announcement but realistically that's not gonna happen. Not long now...

• Advertisement

There's no Live stream or feed. Just keep refreshing their Youtube page in a couple of minutes.

Advertisement