Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Man, choosing the SNES / GBA iteration of F-Zero to bring back really is just a kick in the bits to anyone who hoped there might be an actual new game in the series...

Overall a decent showcase. Enough coming to get through to Spring 2024 and then we can hopefully expect a new hardware announcement.

Top-heavy with remakes even from Nintendo themselves, so hopefully the teams are working on the next systems games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I never played 1000 year door. Heard nothing but good things about it.

Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I was expecting F-Zero X if they were doing the 99 thing. Can't say the SNES iteration looks all that appealing

I'll check it out later, only to see how it controls. If it controls better than the SNES game then it could be fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Seems holiday 2024 release is realistic

lot of Mario for early year and then boom new console, Metroid and 3d mario at launch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

i just finished the third one on steam, was one of those games i had always wanted to play when i was younger but never had

was fairly disappointed tbh. in 1 & 2 the puzzles were hard but never impossible but 3 had way too much of the ridiculously random stuff imo

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

Solid Direct but nothing majorly new from Nintendo, except for the Princess Peach game. They have moved onto remake/remaster territory for the remainder of the Switch 1's life.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The original Tomb Raider games are one of those cherished games I know I never wanna play again, 'cos I remember enough to know those tank controls would drive me bananas in this day & Age.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

With no mention of it in a while, I'm reluctantly coming around to the idea that Metroid Prime 4 is not going to be released on Switch 1 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

It'll release on both consoles à la Breath of the Wild on Wii U and Switch!

Oh, I hope so - the main argument in favour of that is that Metroid has never been a system-selling title in the way other 1st party titles have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not sure what to make of the Peach game.

Was kinda hard to tell what was happening in that Splatoon DLC.

Prince of Persia still looks good. though looks like they're going the indie style spikes everywhere platforming route.

I randomly bought Another Code R a while back but never played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Weirdly encouraging to see they’ve stopped trying to broaden the appeal of the Mario RPG games and are just redoing the two best ones.

Beyond that - Dave the Diver, Peach and maybe Contra standout from an otherwise ho-hum showcase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Nothing very impressive there IMO.

The Peach game looks bizarre, not sure what they're aiming for with it.

Far too many remakes of games that dont need them. How old is Luigis Mansion 2? I still think of that as relatively new.

Paper Mario 2 deserves another run out, but Mario RPG as well, F Zero 99, Mario vs Donkey Kong, another Wario Ware that if you told me was a remake I'd believe you...it just feels very easy. Theres usually one big wow announcement per direct, but this one felt more quantity than quality oriented.

And I know theres always a lot of RPGs being announced at directs but **** hell that was far too many. So many of them look identical too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Still waiting for them to give a release date for the outer wilds

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

That port has always been super ambitious, and the indefinite delay / silence doesn’t bode well.

Maybe it’ll be a pleasant surprise, but if you have any other means to play the game I’d say just push ahead with that honestly - especially since it plays so well on PC and the newer consoles.

Ye I do have it on the Xbox but was kinda hoping to play it on switch due to portability and easy pick up/put down sleep mode side of things.

A new #IndieWorld Showcase is airing tomorrow, 14/11 at 17:00 UK time! Tune in for roughly 20 minutes of new announcements and updates on indie games coming to #NintendoSwitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm looking to the gawds for hope of info on Tombi! from this one nothing since July I would love to throw pigs over my head again

• Advertisement

Isn't this usually when people mention Silksong?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Im hoping for the stunning looking A Highland Song from Inkle. They’ve been teasing a release this year, but no firm date - so a ‘it’s available now’ or release date reveal during this direct makes sense :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Pepper Grinder would be a nice shadow drop. I think a Braid Anniversary trailer is likely too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

• Registered Users Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

10 minutes in and nothing is blowing my socks off. 🙂

Ooh... Outer Wilds news. Out on December 7th (with the DLC).

Braid out in April too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,238 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Leakers tease Nintendo Direct for next week

Wow, what amazing insight these leakers have predicting a Nintendo Direct will happen next week. If you look at the last few years and in general Nintendo usually have a Direct in February, so they've told us nothing really.

8th February 2023

9th February 2022

17th February 2021

Covid affected them the year before that, and February 2020 was part of the longest stretch between Nintendo Directs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Queue the TWILIGHTPRINCESSHDREMAKE

Wild Goose Chase confetti

Advertisement