Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does murder interest you?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Let's have a drink :)

Psycho!!!!!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Psycho!!!!!!! :eek:

:eek: a psycho on boards!! Wait...you mean literally or as a phrase?? :pac:

Saralee4 wrote: »
    :eek: a psycho on boards!! Wait...you mean literally or as a phrase?? :pac:

Both!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Sheeeeit wrote: »
    Richard Ramirez (The Night Stalker) is a frightening character, he did some awful things. If you watch any of the documentaries on him they'll usually show interviews with him after his arrest, the man just looks evil!

Didn't he live in the hotel Elisa Lam was killed died in ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I've got a morbid fascination with serial killers due to the fact that my mother used to buy those trashy "Murder Most Foul"-type magazines when I was growing up. To be honest, I'm more intrigued by the psychological side of things- what is it in the human psyche that drives people to commit such shocking acts of violence against another human being?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

bjork wrote: »
    Didn't he live in the hotel Elisa Lam was killed died in ?

Yes, and he wasn't the only famous serial killer to have lived there. The Cecil has a real dark history which is fascinating to read up on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

I usually try not to read about murders when see articles about them, and often turn off the news if it's gruesome. The recent high profile case here I knew nothing about until the day of tbe verdict, to the puzzlement of many who had raised it is as a topic of discussion with me. Watched the Prime Time episode regarding it since however and can now see why so many were wanting to discuss it.

The nine year old French girl killed over the past few days is yet another incomprehensible murder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

McChubbin wrote: »
    I've got a morbid fascination with serial killers due to the fact that my mother used to buy those trashy "Murder Most Foul"-type magazines when I was growing up. To be honest, I'm more intrigued by the psychological side of things- what is it in the human psyche that drives people to commit such shocking acts of violence against another human being?

Same with me. My mam bought them and I started reading them. I remember reading about Jeffery dalhmer one day when I was supposed to be studying :-s

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I remember staying overnight with a friend back when I was a teen. The house was full of those serial killer magazines. I remember thinking it was really inappropriate to have them in a house with young kids (my friend had younger siblings!).

Personally I don't get the fascination with serial killers, have no idea why they inspire obsession in people or why you would waste your time reading lurid details about their appalling actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭garra

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Very fascinated by the psychology of a killer, what makes a person do what they do, their history growing, and the depths they will go to, especially the more deranged and psychotic ones who have zero empathy like David Parker Ray or Albert Fish.

This interview covers all bases for you then. It's unusual how someone can get away with it for as long as Richard Kuklinski

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Isreali Keyes - Is very interesting and there is a lot of his interviews taped. He'd fly all over the state and had murder packs prepared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

The details don't interest me especially petty crime if all you have are Paul Williams books and the know the name of every thug and minute detail out there and not a thing to say about Communism, WW2 or the history of violence, human nature, well.....

The details aren't that shocking when you see what we can do to each other and never learn. So I'm interested in the cycles of war and how empires fall and rise over the same damn things again and again.

Adamantium wrote: »
    The details don't interest me especially petty crime if all you have are Paul Williams books and the know the name of every thug and minute detail out there and not a thing to say about Communism, WW2 or the history of violence, human nature, well.....

The details aren't that shocking when you see what we can do to each other and never learn. So I'm interested in the cycles of war and how empires fall and rise over the same damn things again and again.

I think war is a separate issue to what's being discussed in this thread though ............ "normal" people will do extraordinary acts (both heroic & savage) during extraordinary times (such as during a war) but what some of us here find interesting is murder in everyday life.

Who are they and why they do the things they do etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

bjork wrote: »
    Isreali Keyes - Is very interesting and there is a lot of his interviews taped. He'd fly all over the state and had murder packs prepared.

On the CI channel , there's a series on a Saturday night -Serial Killer Profiles. He was the subject on Saturday night just gone, have it recorded, didn't watch it yet though .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

the ice man HBO doc is very interesting.

its funny i can list of the top of my head maybe 40 serial killers. i would struggle to name one of their victims. ridgeway had about 70 victims and i cant name a single one.

i think the psychology behind them and also the pattern between them is interesting.

some great videos on youtube. interviews with dahmer and bundy.

one thing that struck me was how articulate and manipulative some of them spoke. richard ramirez was chillingly articulate ( he even quoted shakespeare)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Roquentin wrote: »
    the ice man HBO doc is very interesting.

its funny i can list of the top of my head maybe 40 serial killers. i would struggle to name one of their victims. ridgeway had about 70 victims and i cant name a single one.

i think the psychology behind them and also the pattern between them is interesting.

some great videos on youtube. interviews with dahmer and bundy.

one thing that struck me was how articulate and manipulative some of them spoke. richard ramirez was chillingly articulate ( he even quoted shakespeare)

Philip Carlo's book on Richard Ramirez is chilling. Like Kuklinski, he was allowed into prison to interview him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Philip Carlo's book on Richard Ramirez is chilling. Like Kuklinski, he was allowed into prison to interview him.

must get it. i love reading these books. read the one on kuklinski and the butcher. chilling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Roquentin wrote: »
    must get it. i love reading these books. read the one on kuklinski and the butcher. chilling.

He has another called Gaspipe, more a mafia book, but his style of writing is brilliant. On a completely different note, his book The Killer Within, about his battle, and death, due to motor neurone disease is very good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I'm a big fan of crime novels and real crime books and shows. I love to watch how a case is solved and find it incredible how the smallest of clues can often be the one that breaks the case.

I also find the psychology behind it fascinating.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

watching the primetime special about the mark nash grangegorman murders...

it was never explained why did he kill those two old women?? did he break into the house with the intention of robbery or did he just have a bloodlust?

• Advertisement
Advertisement