Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 5 | Finale | Conquer [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Am I the only person not impressed with "the wolves"?? I thought they were going to be a f**ked up gang, like serious freaks all geared up with weapons of all kinds and they would be the danger in season 6.

Instead they are two weirdos with a gun with no bullets, who can get beaten up by a chap with a stick...Abraham could finish them on his own with his own how hands.

Are they really supposed to be the danger element in season 6? Or even if they're not, the show has been dropping hints about them for a good few episodes now...just expected more is all.

Anyone else feel the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭splashthecash

The pictures aren't a map ffs.

I thought Daryl and his friend were going to have an aul smooch in the car.

The show really is putting out a bromance vibe between the two of them alright...could Daryl be on his way to sausageville in season 6??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Well that was fun. Second half of the ep was great and well paced, really tense moving back and forth between the different stuff going on.

Disappointed Nicholas didn't die, but that fits with Glenn's character.

Not too bothered about the lack of a cliffhanger ending, season 6 is set up nicely - but I really hope there is more to the wolves than the two guys we have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Hyzepher wrote: »
    If they were the exiled guys then the pictures would be irrelevant as they would already know where Alexandria was.

Perhaps not, the two guys didn't see who it was that set off their traps. by looking through the backpack and finding the pictures, which they would then recognise, they would know who it was.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭obriendj

Must admit I was disappointed for a finale. gave a 6 maybe deserved a 7
    I know Walking dead usually leaves the cliff hanger ending to the mid season but the 1st half of the episode was slow paced the extra 20 minutes did not help.

Both Sasha and Gabriel have to go. Stupid to leave the gate like that. The gatekeeper fella sees him walk out of the compound without a Gun then gives him the responsibility to keep the gate closed.

Why did the wolves bring the poncho guy back to the factory for only to kill him at the gate.

How quickly does it get dark in this post apocalyptic world?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I dont think the Wolves are just those two guys.

When he sits down with Morgan he mentions going through camps and surviors taking what they want.

Theres no way two guys alone would do it, theres also the fact that some of the zombies in the trucks had W on their heads and we've seen tons of zombies with the same mark.

This Wolves group must be pretty large, a 2 man wolf pack is a pretty s**t wolf pack.

Why do they bring another survivor to the depot and kill him, no idea but I assume its the same reason they want to take Morgans stuff and eventually kill him as he told him he wasnt going to be left go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

So Morgan has turned into some kind of ninja shaolin monk swinging his big stick about.

I expected Morgan to kill the two guys.

I expected Glenn to kill the guy. He was an idiot not to.

I half expected Daryl to turn on the guy in the car and use him as a human shield to get out.

Id like if Carol had killed the doctor in a nice cold brutal fashion then cried outside about how he had attacked her....

But the whole thing was just about having Rick murder someone in front of Morgan.

It was only alright.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Were the two guys at the yard at the end definitely the same guys who tried to kill Morgan earlier? I guess they are but I didn't actually bother checking. Why did Morgan leave them in the car but then honk the horn to presumably attract the dead to surround the car? that makes no sense, so either no walkers turn up and they woke up and left or else some did show up but they killed them, presumably without weapons before escaping.

If they are part of a bigger group (as I assume they are) then it must be pretty poorly supplied as they had no bullets. If it is just those two it will turn out to be really awful as there is no way they could have overrun Noah's family's place and others (as they say), and marked that many dead with just the two of them.

It was the same two guys yeah.

Apparently he said on the talking dead after the show that the honking was to check there were no walkers around.

I hope we see some background to how Morgan overcame his bat**** crazy days and became the little life loving ninja he is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

A few issues I had with this episode:

1. Thought the bit where Gabriel was just asked to shut the gate despite being obviously disoriented/weirding out was a bit ridiculous. I hope he, to borrow a phrase from the Wire, 'gets got' in the next season, him and Sasha. Maybe Glen and Maggie too, there needs to be more Abraham.

2. The speed at which the day turned into night from when Rick discovers the open gate to the meeting - an eclipse of some sort?!

3. Glen's ninja escape from being shot.0

4. Daryl and yer man had a gun, a crossbow, a chain, a plate and there were two of them but they ran for the car. Morgan made his way through the crowd with an ould stick :pac:

Others have been mentioned above, i.e. the silence of the walkers while the lads were shouting outside the trucks.

Overall I thought the season was poor in comparison to others, but I did and will keep watching. Some of the scenes were ridiculous, Carol exploding the gas container at Terminus with a halloween rocket being the worst of all (I get she's changed from the downtrodden housewife, but she's not Rambo). Also, how does Sasha have so many bullets in that gun?!

That said, I like the idea now that they're settled in at Alexandria and are preparing for a bit of an onslaught from the wolves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Disappointing finale - felt like an anticlimax.

How did a weakened and shot Glen escape 2 (if not 3) zombies who were practically on top of him?

Why was the gate keeper so blaise about locking the gate? Here, I'm off for a meeting, shut that gate will ye, you know the one that keeps out the hordes of undead and baddies intent on killing us. Laters...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

1. Thought the bit where Gabriel was just asked to shut the gate despite being obviously disoriented/weirding out was a bit ridiculous. I hope he, to borrow a phrase from the Wire, 'gets got' in the next season, him and Sasha. Maybe Glen and Maggie too, there needs to be more Abraham.

2. The speed at which the day turned into night from when Rick discovers the open gate to the meeting - an eclipse of some sort?!

4. Daryl and yer man had a gun, a crossbow, a chain, a plate and there were two of them but they ran for the car. Morgan made his way through the crowd with an ould stick :pac:

Others have been mentioned above, i.e. the silence of the walkers while the lads were shouting outside the trucks.

Overall I thought the season was poor in comparison to others, but I did and will keep watching. Some of the scenes were ridiculous, Carol exploding the gas container at Terminus with a halloween rocket being the worst of all (I get she's changed from the downtrodden housewife, but she's not Rambo). Also, how does Sasha have so many bullets in that gun?!

That said, I like the idea now that they're settled in at Alexandria and are preparing for a bit of an onslaught from the wolves.

On these points.

1. Ya, those type of things annoy me. "Close that gate will you, Father unhinged looking?" I'm guessing that Gabriel has had some kind of breakthrough/epiphany along with Sasha considering the hand holding circle with Maggie so won't be near as annoying next season. Hopefully anyway, and that goes for Sasha as well.

2. Ya, that bugged me too. It was light when Rick found the gate open, so how long was he looking for the feckers?

3. Indeed. That plus how while seriously injured he managed to fend off 3 walkers who were literally chomping at him while he was on the ground.

4. Again. How Morgan got as far as opening the door of the car through presumably a big crowd of the feckers (considering how may there were in the yard).

5. I'll add this one. When the lads put on the music to get the walkers back in the trap, why did they all go back evenly to different trucks and not all into the one that was opened at that end rather than the ones that were faced the other way and open?

6. Another one. Why did they think that the trucks would be full of food or not be a bit more careful once again when opening one? They have had enough surprises over the years. Also, there were cans on string hanging off the side of the trucks, surely they would find that a bit odd and proceed with caution?

Don't get me wrong, I liked the episode overall, but I really wish it were a little bit more logical at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Then Deus Ex Morgina, I did shout "YESSS" when he appeared at the car window, one small thing, when he introduced himself I thought Daryl would definitely have known who he was, I'm sure in the last year and a half Rick would have mentioned Morgan to Daryl, who was pretty much his right-hand-man. There can't be that many black guys called Morgan roaming around the American east coast.

Just on this, he handed him the map and Darryl looked at him like he did know him. Then on the talking dead Darryl said that he did know him from Rick telling him about saving his life and having the walkie talkie for the first season or two. He just never directly said it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

5starpool wrote: »

Don't get me wrong, I liked the episode overall, but I really wish it were a little bit more logical at times.

This is actually my biggest problem with the show overall, besides the glacial pacing to get to really obviously telegraphed plot-points.

Most of what the characters do makes zero sense in the context of them trying to survive so there ends up being numerous plot holes and logical fallacies in every episode.

It's just all rather poorly written simply to advance the plot by having characters do things that are patently idiotic or things that they normally wouldn't/shouldn't do.

The use of Talking Dead to retcon all the **** ups is a bit pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Am I the only person not impressed with "the wolves"?? I thought they were going to be a f**ked up gang, like serious freaks all geared up with weapons of all kinds and they would be the danger in season 6.

Instead they are two weirdos with a gun with no bullets, who can get beaten up by a chap with a stick...Abraham could finish them on his own with his own how hands.

Are they really supposed to be the danger element in season 6? Or even if they're not, the show has been dropping hints about them for a good few episodes now...just expected more is all.

Anyone else feel the same?

I agree, although until i read this thread I just assumed the two were part of a larger gang. If it's only these two posing a threat next season it won't be very good.

Overall, I thought it a disappointing finale with not much of a hook to tide us over to next season.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

The real question should be why are the Wolves collecting zombies. The elaborate trap seems to be just to ensure that the zombie horde is left untouched. They seem to be collecting people to add to the horde for some reason

Also, Morgan is a bit naive. Leaving those two so they can continue to kill is ridiculous. He may regret it in the future.

Next season is going to be all about defending Alexandria and dealing with the fallout of what that means to those inside.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

obriendj wrote: »
    Must admit I was disappointed for a finale. gave a 6 maybe deserved a 7
    I know Walking dead usually leaves the cliff hanger ending to the mid season but the 1st half of the episode was slow paced the extra 20 minutes did not help.

Both Sasha and Gabriel have to go. Stupid to leave the gate like that. The gatekeeper fella sees him walk out of the compound without a Gun then gives him the responsibility to keep the gate closed.

Why did the wolves bring the poncho guy back to the factory for only to kill him at the gate.

How quickly does it get dark in this post apocalyptic world?

They brought him back because they werent expecting their trap to be sprung so rather than let him go they killed him, either way he was going to die and being "Wolves" it would have been sport to bring him into the compound and let him set off the traps so it makes sense to me. The only part of it that didnt make sense to me was that Daryll should have know from all the tins clanging on the trailers that something wasnt right as there was plenty of noise but no walkers around.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Hyzepher wrote: »
    The real question should be why are the Wolves collecting zombies. The elaborate trap seems to be just to ensure that the zombie horde is left untouched. They seem to be collecting people to add to the horde for some reason

Also, Morgan is a bit naive. Leaving those two so they can continue to kill is ridiculous. He may regret it in the future.

Next season is going to be all about defending Alexandria and dealing with the fallout of what that means to those inside.

The traps ensure that their base is safe, they had a remote to get them all back into the trucks and all so they aint stupid.

jonny24ie wrote: »
    The traps ensure that their base is safe, they had a remote to get them all back into the trucks and all so they aint stupid.

They even trained the zombies to distribute themselves evenly between the trailers and walk up a narrow plank to get back in.

They even trained the zombies to distribute themselves evenly between the trailers and walk up a narrow plank to get back in.

Well that part of it was stupid alright but the idea reamins the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

Why did Morgan leave them in the car but then honk the horn to presumably attract the dead to surround the car? that makes no sense, so either no walkers turn up and they woke up and left or else some did show up but they killed them, presumably without weapons before escaping.

Lennie James explained why Morgan honks the car in the "Talking Dead" -
    He does it to make sure there are no zombies nearby so that he can safely leave the two guys in the car. I must admit when I saw it initially I thought the same as yourself that he was basically 'ringing the dinner bell' to attract walkers.

Overall I thought this was a good episode but not great. It felt more like a mid-season cliffhanger than a season end. The wolves are a little underwhelming - they've got clever traps but they don't seem like a credible threat to a fortified settlement like Alexandria. Maybe if we had seen them preparing to scout or assault the town perhaps it would have emphasised their danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I was half asleep at the end, did Rick shoot the wife beater or did he put the lad who had his throat slit out of his misery?

He shot Pete the wife beater

He's come a long way

John_D80 wrote: »
    I'll usually be the first to defend TWD from any and all criticism, but that was a very poor ending to a season.

As a standalone episode it was well up there but that is just not how you end a season. Sure there was a few ominous signs of things to come but nothing that you could call a cliffhanger as such.

Disappointing.

You actually like cliffhangers??? Me and you; we are looking for the exact opposite in a TV show.

On these points.

1. Ya, those type of things annoy me. "Close that gate will you, Father unhinged looking?" I'm guessing that Gabriel has had some kind of breakthrough/epiphany along with Sasha considering the hand holding circle with Maggie so won't be near as annoying next season. Hopefully anyway, and that goes for Sasha as well.

2. Ya, that bugged me too. It was light when Rick found the gate open, so how long was he looking for the feckers?

3. Indeed. That plus how while seriously injured he managed to fend off 3 walkers who were literally chomping at him while he was on the ground.

4. Again. How Morgan got as far as opening the door of the car through presumably a big crowd of the feckers (considering how may there were in the yard).

5. I'll add this one. When the lads put on the music to get the walkers back in the trap, why did they all go back evenly to different trucks and not all into the one that was opened at that end rather than the ones that were faced the other way and open?

6. Another one. Why did they think that the trucks would be full of food or not be a bit more careful once again when opening one? They have had enough surprises over the years. Also, there were cans on string hanging off the side of the trucks, surely they would find that a bit odd and proceed with caution?

I learnt a few seasons ago to ignore all this kind of stuff. I've since enjoyed the show more ever since. The don't live in the real world at all; it's physics are inconsistent at best. It is full of idiots to progress the story in the right direction.

I still laugh at some of the ridiculous. The latest being that chain slicing three walkers in half.

I learnt a few seasons ago to ignore all this kind of stuff. I've since enjoyed the show more ever since. The don't live in the real world at all; it's physics are inconsistent at best. It is full of idiots to progress the story in the right direction.

There's plenty of good TV that is actually worth watching. Or read a book or go for a walk or something.

Watching something that is kind of crap and knowing it is but ignoring that is a bit silly. I only skim-watch TWD now to keep up with the story because i guess i'm hoping it might get good again at some point in the future.

I'd hate to waste 40+ minutes actually sitting down to watch the entirety of this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Great episode... even if I was a little bit underwhelmed when it was over.

I don't envy the writers and producers when it comes to finales as you're never going to please everyone but I thought they handled it pretty well.

There were some fantastic scenes. Loved when Rick finds the gate unlocked and realises Alexandria has been breached by walkers. His little 'hero run' was cool. And the score was seriously creepy here too. Although as has been mentioned the change from daylight to total darkness was badly done. But his killing of the walker was fantastic...it was up there with the best walker deaths.

Great to see Morgan back in a big way. Really enjoyed his scene at the start. Although as someone said earlier, leaving those two alive could have serious repercussions further down the line.

I genuinely thought Glenn was finished, especially as he had one of those 'moments' earlier with Maggie. Quite often a scene like that is a portent of doom for one of the characters. But his escape from the walkers was odd, especially when we don't actually see how it happened.

I thought Deanna's husband's death was a bit too ludicrous and too convenient for Rick. And then Morgan shows up just in time to see Rick kill Pete...ah I dunno, it just felt too clunky for me.

Overall I thought the season was patchy but ultimately a very good one. After an incredible start to the season the hospital arc didn't work for me. I can see why they did it, and it was good to have a change of location but in terms of the overall story it never left a mark for me.

I'll miss Tyreese a lot. I can still see his little hat on the cross and it still tears me up!

Roll on next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭naughto

There's plenty of good TV that is actually worth watching. Or read a book or go for a walk or something.

Watching something that is kind of crap and knowing it is but ignoring that is a bit silly. I only skim-watch TWD now to keep up with the story because i guess i'm hoping it might get good again at some point in the future.

I'd hate to waste 40+ minutes actually sitting down to watch the entirety of this nonsense.
    What are you doing on this thread then???

Things can be objectively bad but still be enjoyable. The majority of Nicolas Cage's career for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This thread is for discussing the finale, not posting half naked pictures of the cast.

Advertisement