Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 5 | Finale | Conquer [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Actually, where exactly are they now? are they still en route to Washington DC or atleast close enough I'd presume?

On the final initial approach to Alexandria they passed close enough to Washington to see the Washington Memorial in the distance, so they are basically not far away from it, but obviously not heading there any more as they know there is nothing there.

It might be just me, but as a general policy if there was a zombie apocalypse and 99% (for arguments sake) of the population was dead or a walker, I wouldn't be heading towards the most populated (previously) part of the country. I'd have advocated heading for Kansas/Idaho, Nebraska, etc, where there might etc a chance of building something with far less chance of the dead popping up. That's besides the point though of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I liked it a lot. There was a great sense of anticipation leading into the final few minutes. Also loved the scenes with Morgan.

One thing that bugged me was the stuff involving Glen and I did find it ridiculous that Glen gets shot and then seconds later, almost as if he has the one true ring, suddenly he vanishes. I don't think the show needs Glen any more, personally. He's gotten stale and so has his romance with Maggie.

When does the next season start?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Presume it's near Alexandria in Virginia, cause you could see Washington on the skyline several episodes back. Or I think you could.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I'll usually be the first to defend TWD from any and all criticism, but that was a very poor ending to a season.

As a standalone episode it was well up there but that is just not how you end a season. Sure there was a few ominous signs of things to come but nothing that you could call a cliffhanger as such.

Disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Interesting to see some people disappointed, I thought it was brilliant..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Interesting to see some people disappointed, I thought it was brilliant..

On all the polls I've voted on in this forum this is the joint lowest score I've ever given any episode. A seven.

Purely because I think it was a poor way to end the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Worst season finale i can remember. A bit meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

John_D80 wrote: »
    On all the polls I've voted on in this forum this is the joint lowest score I've ever given any episode. A seven.

Yeah I agree there was always a tension that you knew would be dealt with in the first episode of the new season. There is plenty of new story arcs now but no cliffhanger to really be waiting for a conclusion in episode 1 of season 6

John_D80 wrote: »

Fair enough! I liked it as a season-ender cause we were introduced to those wolf fellas, Morgan was brought back, and we still don't really know where the Alexandria story is heading. Sure, it wasn't a major cliff-hanger but I didn't mind to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Brilliant ending for me and great to bring Morgan back and introduce the wolves.

Rick is the man!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

From a storytelling point of view. The second half of this season has been superb. Right at the end. Rick takes control of alexandria.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Don't understand why the Wolves killed the red caped man in front of the gates. Also why was there no bullets in their gun? Did Morgan also have a machine gun when he was having his fireside chat. M for Morgan and W for Wolves is nicely done; also love the little red riding hood reference. I can see Morgan and Machonne getting it together. Him with his big stick...But I digress, my favourite moment was Carol wanting her casserole dish back washed and cleaned and wife beater husband crying that it's not my house. Now he got what he deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭frenchmartini

"There's a vast ocean of **** that you don't know **** about. Rick know every fine grain of said ****." Abraham.
    What a guy!

"There's a vast ocean of **** that you don't know **** about. Rick know every fine grain of said ****." Abraham.
    What a guy!

That and his "son of a d!ck" quotes were excellent :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭chrisguy116

Can someone explain what the craic with the "wolves" is? I feel like i'm missing an episode or back story...or brain possibly 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I reckon there's just the two of them anyway and there using traps and the like to kill people and rob them of there supplies and such

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I enjoyed the episode but it wasn't the strongest season finale. Morgan catching Rick looking brutal and violent was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Good episode, few things annoyed me but having Morgan back and having him witness Rick kill a man in cold blood while only earlier that day he left two people go who tried to kill him may setup something interesting down the line.

Although Morgans tune might change when he realises the guy was a wife beater and had just killed a guy with a sword :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

gonna have to watch that again but why did they have pictures of rick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

They found yer mans back pack that he left behind when him and Daryl were trying to escape. It had the photos of Alexandria to show new recruits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Adolescenteen

Like how he showed Rick and co. earlier in the season, Aaron uses pictures to try and prove to people that Alexandria is legit. When Aaron and Daryl are trying to fight through the walkers, Aaron drops his bag where he would have kept the pictures.

Plus, Michonne pointed out that there was no people in his pictures, so he must have decided to take one of Rick and Carl at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Maybe it was the woman daryl and Aaron came across tied to a tree?

But would Aaron not have recognised her if that was the case?
    I reckon there's just the two of them anyway and there using traps and the like to kill people and rob them of there supplies and such

I think maybe they are like the scouts for their group. They build up the walker army they have going on and scavenge supplies. They must have a plan for all the walkers. Or maybe they are the just the exiled guys waiting to exact their revenge by unleashing the zombies on Alexandria. Little do they know they'll be screwing with the wrong people now!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

If they were the exiled guys then the pictures would be irrelevant as they would already know where Alexandria was.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I very much enjoyed this half season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I thought it was a brilliant ending precisely because there wasn't a major cliffhanger. We were all expecting one. The writers keep surprising us. That's good writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

5starpool wrote: »
    It might be just me, but as a general policy if there was a zombie apocalypse and 99% (for arguments sake) of the population was dead or a walker, I wouldn't be heading towards the most populated (previously) part of the country. I'd have advocated heading for Kansas/Idaho, Nebraska, etc, where there might etc a chance of building something with far less chance of the dead popping up.

I'd have advocated for a smallish island. The one place it would be possible to totally walker-proof, at least until your own people start dying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I WANT MOAR ZOMBIES I WANT MOAR GORE I WANT A CLIFFHANGER ENDING DERP DERPDERP DERP

Sorry, but no, not every season can end like that, it's clichéd,it's a trope, it's lowest common denominator stuff.

Morgan finally catching up to Rick - and, Rick finally catching up to Morgan. Morgan was mentally broken, a psychological wreck and that's exactly where Rick is right now. What Morgan shows us, and will show Rick, is that it is possible to come back from the brink and just go on. Rick and Morgan are on the same journey, Rick is just behind Morgan.

Great episode, the tension at the parley then Doc going nuts and finally Deanna realising she's been wrong and capitulating to Rick's ways.

I'm sure the woman who was tied up to the tree is the same exiled woman, and that the wolves are just those two lads.

The "chain" killing was great, but I preferred the "number plate" killing myself. Then Deus Ex Morgina, I did shout "YESSS" when he appeared at the car window, one small thing, when he introduced himself I thought Daryl would definitely have known who he was, I'm sure in the last year and a half Rick would have mentioned Morgan to Daryl, who was pretty much his right-hand-man. There can't be that many black guys called Morgan roaming around the American east coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

I'm Liking that Daryl has a best mate now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Hyzepher wrote: »
    If they were the exiled guys then the pictures would be irrelevant as they would already know where Alexandria was.

The writing on this show is so poor that that fact will probably be overlooked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

The pictures aren't a map ffs.

I thought Daryl and his friend were going to have an aul smooch in the car.

Advertisement