Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 5 | Finale | Conquer [AMC] [SPOILERS]

• 28-03-2015 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

bebqrb.jpg

The Walking Dead - Season 5 Finale

Episode 16 - "Conquer"

Airdate - March 29th on AMC at 9/8c | March 30th on FOX UK at 9pm

*The Season 5 Finale is an extended 90 minute episode (including commercial breaks)
    Daryl finds trouble while on a run; Rick and the group feel like outsiders in Alexandria, where trouble approaches the gates.
    Though they are still breathing, the line between Rick's group and the dead is starting to blur. Could there be anything at this point that brings them back to life?

How did you rate this episode? 192 votes

0%
    13%
    Tar.AldarionMc LoveRoyalMarinesinkMenaAlso Starring LeVar BurtonBazBoxPotential-Monkewhite applesnavmanGavRedKingJunco PartnerInTheTreesceadaoin.Tij da feenxalotDaMorganatorfrenchmartiniMythicalMadManirishfeen 26 votes
    32%
    DeVoreYakuzaPing Chow ChipHScruffshinnyStringPrivate JokerMr.Nice Guyjv2000storkerChorus_suck5starpoolLone Stonegoose06NUTZZBaby4Star Lordrobk24Gran Hermano 63 votes
    24%
    KurngeeceeduridianGreen_MartianRob30888Paddy@CIRLdori_dormerDuckStabSmegballMr Velobanteenok2008uncleoswaldTeyla Emmaganwinston82Iang87terryduff12Zero-Coolthegreengoblinsplashthecash 47 votes
    14%
    La_GordymuppetkillerJulezcrushproofMorporkdegrassinoelnc19DuffSennaviztopiaMartyMcFly84charlietheminxxduffman13Captain Flapstmc86riceroJikashiRDM_83 againConnavarari gold24 28 votes
    7%
    LizardKingb318isp[Deleted User]frashmahamageehadwillowthewispobriendjDiabhal BeagMcGrath5dirtydenDylanJMShane St.Frankie5Angelsalchemist33Mac B 15 votes
    5%
    Keyzersugarmanscudzillatomred1Kencollinsshineon23Duckworth_LuasTompatrickDaarylLiamHam82 10 votes
    0%
    im6foot4 1 vote
    0%
    Slattsy 1 vote
    0%
    [Deleted User] 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

My eye twitches every time the announcer on Fox calls it the 'series finale'.

It's the SEASON finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    My eye twitches every time the announcer on Fox calls it the 'series finale'.

It's the SEASON finale.

Ah we never referred it to a Season over this side of the pond until about 10 years ago, it was always Series 1, Series 2, Series 3 etc. It's the American influence of it being widespread on the internet that we've adapted to that gradually in recent times...

Sure next thing you know we'll be referring to Autumn as Fall and dropping the U out of Colour...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,649 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Gotta love US tv's ads every 10 minutes...

"Trap. Don't stay. Bad people coming." That raised the hair on the back of my neck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

That was very good :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I thought Glenn was a goner when the walkers piled on him. How did he escape that one? How he didn't kill Nicholas I don't know, he totally deserved to die!

Great timing for the reinvented 'all life is precious' Morgan to find Rick again. Poor guy.

I think Gabriel might redeem himself next season. It seems like he has accepted what he did now rather than projecting his guilt onto the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Very strong finale - it didn't disappoint.

The trap was very clever (including the reset).

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I thought Glenn was a goner when the walkers piled on him.

For a brief moment I thought he could be. But then they just cut away to another scene to leave the outcome off camera, and I knew he was safe. They might just kill off a major character like Glenn in this show. It is the season finale, after all. But there's no way they would edit it like he was some sort of extra and it was no big deal. Not even a dramatic musical cue.

He shoulda killed that guy, though.
    Sure next thing you know we'll be referring to Autumn as Fall and dropping the U out of Colour...

Those examples are at least unambiguous. Series finale is a dangerous ambiguity because they have completely different meanings, and particularly in the context of a US show it could be misunderstood. Season finale has no potential for misunderstanding. Nor does "Autumn" or "colour".

The extra "u" in "colour" is just an example of French cultural domination, BTW. That wasn't the common English spelling until recently. The US didn't change it, they just kept it the same way it was spelled in the UK at the time they were colonized. Since then, it became a fad for the upper class to emulate the French, so they changed their spelling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Mr E wrote: »
    Very strong finale - it didn't disappoint.

The trap was very clever (including the reset).

It was so good in fact that the zombies inside the containers agreed to all stay completely silent and not beat on the doors/side when they heard the two lads outside talking.

Also, Glen fighting the same guy in different locations half a dozen times was silly.

As was the priest who has been acting incredibly weird being allowed to wander out of the camp unarmed and then wander back in with blood on him and have a bizarre, stand-offish conversation with the sole gate guard who then ambles off with nary a concern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Grays Sports Almanac

That was an excellent piece of television. Really enjoyed it.

Roll on October!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Did everyone keep watching for the extra couple of scenes after the credits? Michonne putting her sword back on and one of the wolves looking at the Alexandria photos that were in Aaron's backpack. Good ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭LandoCalrissian

That was just what I had hoped for - pretty happy I must say

I thought that Morgan's storyline has merged very well
    - The last time Morgan and Rick met it was Morgan who was the crazed lunatic whereas this time - well it wasn't a great first impression now was it :eek:

But seriously found myself hoping that one of those walkers would prove not to be dead and take a nice chunk outta Sasha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Forgot that the actor playing Morgan is British!
    Watching Talking Dead now.

Excellent season end. Got stuck in right from the opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Very good episode didnt feel like it was extra long, it was actually a nice change from the previous ones where it was a big show down between them and some one else. Glad to see morgan back hopefully he will be in it full time next season. thought him fighting with the stick like some kinda kick ass monk with a stick was a bit weird have to say lol. That rick must have played a lot of mortal kombat because that was some fatality he pulled on that zombie feckin hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Glad that Morgan has finally caught up with the group. Should be interesting next season with the Wolves and their booby traps in play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Ah we never referred it to a Season over this side of the pond until about 10 years ago, it was always Series 1, Series 2, Series 3 etc. It's the American influence of it being widespread on the internet that we've adapted to that gradually in recent times...

Hmm, maybe it's just me, but from my own memory I have always differentiated between 'season' and 'series' since I became aware of these things :)

Anyway, looking forward to tonight, even if I have spoilered the hell out of it for myself already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Very good ep rick is king of the castle

Symbolism Red riding hood. Caught by wolves.

Best kill so far.

vh9tJpE.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Pete was a dick and had to be put down sooner or later but they are now a doctor down, a vital member to the community.

So I think next season one of the gang will travel back to Atlanta and try convince the doc from the hospital to go to Alexandra.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Good finale. Was hoping for the story to have been taken a little further, but still enjoyed it immensely.

The priest is absolutely wrecking my head. Every time he gets screen time I just think to myself 'for f**k sake'. I don't dislike him, I just find him an absolutely pointless character. I haven't read the comics, so I don't know if he will have a significant role to play...maybe he will. But so far he just comes across as a whiny little b*tch...for want of a better phrase :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Is there really just 2 of them in the Wolves ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

I never liked that U anyway. thinking it's so great!! all it is is a O with no top....

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ricero wrote: »
    So I think next season one of the gang will travel back to Atlanta and try convince the doc from the hospital to go to Alexandra.

I would be really annoyed and utterly amazed if they did this. Atlanta is a long way from Washington DC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 winterwheat

Got shivers down my back when Morgan met rick at the end. Great episode and show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Is there really just 2 of them in the Wolves ?

Was thinking that as well.they said they banished 3 of them 2 men and a woman no sign of the woman

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭duffman13

I must be the only one a bit underwhelmed with that, I am getting greedy I think. Enjoyed the whole series all the way through, I was expecting a bit more action going by the trailer. Still a solid 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 winterwheat

naughto wrote: »
    Was thinking that as well.they said they banished 3 of them 2 men and a woman no sign of the woman

Maybe it was the woman daryl and Aaron came across tied to a tree?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Forgot that the actor playing Morgan is British!
    Watching Talking Dead now.

Excellent season end. Got stuck in right from the opening.

Never seen 'Lock stock and 2 smoking barrels'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Maybe it was the woman daryl and Aaron came across tied to a tree?

My thought too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

So the bloke who was pointing the gun at Morgan at the start, what was his speel about the wolves etc. and did he explain why he had a W carved into his head?

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    I would be really annoyed and utterly amazed if they did this. Atlanta is a long way from Washington DC.

Actually, where exactly are they now? are they still en route to Washington DC or atleast close enough I'd presume?

Advertisement