Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 5 | Finale | Conquer [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

There's plenty of good TV that is actually worth watching.

There's not, there's really, really not.

TWD isn't perfect by a long shot, but it's entertaining at times and provides a bit of escapism. Let's face it, we're all watching it in preparation for the Zombie Apocolypse.

I find TV to be, in the main, absolutely sh1te these days. Can't think of one program that I would sit and watch at an appointed time (including TWD, usually record it and play on Tuesday skipping ads).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭naughto

Mr E wrote: »
    This thread is for discussing the finale, not posting half naked pictures of the cast.

Ya sorry wrong thread I posted it in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Mr E wrote: »
    This thread is for discussing the finale, not posting half naked pictures of the cast.

Are people posting pics of me again :D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I learnt a few seasons ago to ignore all this kind of stuff. I've since enjoyed the show more ever since. The don't live in the real world at all; it's physics are inconsistent at best. It is full of idiots to progress the story in the right direction.

I still laugh at some of the ridiculous. The latest being that chain slicing three walkers in half.

Oh I do largely ignore it, and I enjoy the show very much for what it is. It's just a niggling irritant for me, and even reading novels I get frustrated when illogical things happen as well, but it generally doesn't mean I don't enjoy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

OK my interpretation of the Wolves' trap is to lure people in and kill them - the more people that come to check out the food factory, the more walkers they have for their trap. They lured the red poncho guy there to kill him n let him turn in a location that they can use him.

I think they have been killing as many people as they can find, brand them with the W, ditch them into the factory compound and then fill the trucks with them

The Wolves do not need a load of people or weapons to wipe out a camp - what I imagine they do (and plan to do with Alexandria) is to drive up to the camp, ram down the walls with their walker trucks and sit back, let the walkers kill everyone and then they simply turn the rave on to get them back into the trucks. Hey presto, they have a load of supplies!

The Governor did the same trick but on a far smaller scale in the Prison.

If I remember correctly, at Noahs family's camp, where the guys found the dead bodies, there was a big hole in the wall - my guess is that was from a truck ramming it.

The walls in Alexandria won't last very long with 4 big truck crashing into it and up until Rick & co showed up, the people there wouldn't have stood a chance. The Wolves now know that there are at least some new people in Alexandria (assuming they are the ones who were exiled) as they saw Rick n Coral in the photo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

jester77 wrote: »
    I was half asleep at the end, did Rick shoot the wife beater or did he put the lad who had his throat slit out of his misery?

I Was thinking the same until I just rewatched the scene..I noticed there was no reaction off anyone,especially petes wife that her husband and father of her child was just murdered. I thought that it was reg who Rick shot after being told to do it.. Reasoning because would reg not turn into a walker. Rick turned slightly to face Pete just as he shot Him,and then was facing Morgan. Reg only had his throat slit,so would he not turn? Doesn't it have to be the brain that is killed for them not to turn?
    Enjoyed the season,looking back so much happened because they wasn't always in the same place for a whole season which showed the group in so many situations. Has to be said that Andrew Lincoln and Melissa mc brides acting was superb.
    Daryl dies we riot..f*#k that..if carol dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭obriendj

bodhi085 wrote: »
    I Was thinking the same until I just rewatched the scene..I noticed there was no reaction off anyone,especially petes wife that her husband and father of her child was just murdered. I thought that it was reg who Rick shot after being told to do it.. Reasoning because would reg not turn into a walker. Rick turned slightly to face Pete just as he shot Him,and then was facing Morgan. Reg only had his throat slit,so would he not turn? Doesn't it have to be the brain that is killed for them not to turn?
    Enjoyed the season,looking back so much happened because they wasn't always in the same place for a whole season which showed the group in so many situations. Has to be said that Andrew Lincoln and Melissa mc brides acting was superb.
    Daryl dies we riot..f*#k that..if carol dies.

He shot Pete following the approval from Deanna
    I think everyone was in shock so the reaction was minimal.
    I would think the husband will turn but how long someone takes to turn can depend on dramatic effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

obriendj wrote: »
    He shot Pete following the approval from Deanna
    I think everyone was in shock so the reaction was minimal.
    I would think the husband will turn but how long someone takes to turn can depend on dramatic effect.

There was no scenes of anyone's reaction so that's what got me thinking did he get the approval to shoot Pete or shoot reg,and was it the intention of the writers to not show any scenes of reactions. Even though they would be in shock,I would have thought a scream would be heard off petes wife,regardless of her feelings for her husband. I had to check the scene again to see which way Rick was facing before he fired his gun. I'm hoping that it will be tied up regarding reg could turn in episode 1 season 6,but I've a feeling it's going to skip time. I don't think there was a time skip from season 4 to 5,with story's running parallel during 5a.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Another thing I've just thought of, when Morgan saved Daryl and the guys name who I cant remember, when asked why he saved them, didnt he say all life was precious?

To then turn up and see the guy who saved you killing a guy thats being pinned down without any explaniation must have been a shocker for poor Morgan :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

bodhi085 wrote: »
    There was no scenes of anyone's reaction so that's what got me thinking did he get the approval to shoot Pete or shoot reg,and was it the intention of the writers to not show any scenes of reactions. Even though they would be in shock,I would have thought a scream would be heard off petes wife,regardless of her feelings for her husband. I had to check the scene again to see which way Rick was facing before he fired his gun. I'm hoping that it will be tied up regarding reg could turn in episode 1 season 6,but I've a feeling it's going to skip time. I don't think there was a time skip from season 4 to 5,with story's running parallel during 5a.

We won't (I hope) start season 6 just where we left off. Of course the husband will turn if left unbrainstabbed (a real word obviously), but we'll see Deanna standing over his grave at some point I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

Have to watch it again but I thought Glenn had possibly been bitten... thought when he was beating up Nicholas he said 'you killed me'...

Liked the episode... likes the wolves as a threat but that's assuming there's some more of them. thought they came across as seriously weird and scary at fire with morgan.

Deannas other son letting priest have responsibility of closing gates was just mad... only excuse is whatever he has on his mind re Aiden has him seriously distracted. I still don't get how such an ineffective lot have managed to get such plentiful supplies.

Thought Deannas chge of mind re killing Pete was bit unreal. Having said that ending was excellent... esp Ricks 'I was wondering how many of you I'd have to kill before....etc'.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

sabhail wrote: »
    Have to watch it again but I thought Glenn had possibly been bitten... thought when he was beating up Nicholas he said 'you killed me'...

Liked the episode... likes the wolves as a threat but that's assuming there's some more of them. thought they came across as seriously weird and scary at fire with morgan.

Deannas other son letting priest have responsibility of closing gates was just mad... only excuse is whatever he has on his mind re Aiden has him seriously distracted. I still don't get how such an ineffective lot have managed to get such plentiful supplies.

Thought Deannas chge of mind re killing Pete was bit unreal. Having said that ending was excellent... esp Ricks 'I was wondering how many of you I'd have to kill before....etc'.

Glenn said, "You tried to kill me" i thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭obriendj

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Another thing I've just thought of, when Morgan saved Daryl and the guys name who I cant remember, when asked why he saved them, didnt he say all life was precious?

To then turn up and see the guy who saved you killing a guy thats being pinned down without any explaniation must have been a shocker for poor Morgan :pac:

I think that was the intention - dramatic irony and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

GavRedKing wrote: »

Wasnt that the point of the entire episode though? After all his searching, Morgan, with a new found respect for all life, comes across his old pal, only to find his old pal has become a cold blooded killer.

So we get a nice juxtaposition of Morgan and Rick - both having started together in the same place with the same mindset and the different journeys they have taken having changed them to polar opposites.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

I do think that Deanna clocked on to the fact that Carol was lying her a**e off though.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DaisyD2

Agree Morgan should have just killed those two, if they get away next people they meet might not be so handy. Have to warch it again but I'm not so sure it was the same two at food warehouse either, think theres more to the Wolves (certainly more intelligence given the traps) than those two let on.

I dislike both characters but thought Sasha/Gabriel scene was neccessary for them both to (hopefully!) fight their internal demons & move forward.

Glenn letting yer man live was right I thought. Whatever about his own feelings he knows Maggie wants to make Alexandria work for them so he had to let the fool live to teach him a (new post-walker) life lesson. By showing Mercy & bringing him home he shows they aren't out to kill them all & just takeover.

About the Gate - I took the Guard wandering off leaving an obviously "off" Gabriel to close it indicative of the Alexandrians laissez faire attitude to the dangers beyond their walls.

Previous episodes have touched on fact they arrived there relatively early in outbreak, stuck up the walls & only 2 or 3 were entrusted to leave on supply runs thereby shielding the inhabitants to the horrors outside.

Their gasps & looks of horror when Rick throws down the walker down in front of them was excellently handled I thought - they'd clearly never seen one up close. If we start where we left off I really hope they let husband turn to show them what happens, the dangers & the merciful kill!

The time from Ricks speech to Doctors arrival, killing Deannas husband & getting shot for it was so quick we didn't get to see the Alexandrians objection/reactions.

Also the contrast of Morgan & Rick trading places/development was excellently played in that moment - Rick cocking his head at sight of Morgan reminded me of my dog looking at me going "what?" :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I watched the latest three episodes last night and I really enjoyed them.

The timing of Morgan to turn up and save Daryl and his buddy was only just perfect but I couldn't understand why they didn't at least try and start the car before deciding to make a run for it, which would've certainly lead to them both being killed.

Oh and I hope that Deanna loses her son's mix CD, that was painful.

Nice Dawn of the Dead reference when the zombie got the machete through the head though.

A machete through the head is a Dawn of the Dead reference? Rick has been using a machete for a few seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

There's plenty of good TV that is actually worth watching. Or read a book or go for a walk or something.

Watching something that is kind of crap and knowing it is but ignoring that is a bit silly. I only skim-watch TWD now to keep up with the story because i guess i'm hoping it might get good again at some point in the future.

I'd hate to waste 40+ minutes actually sitting down to watch the entirety of this nonsense.

You're probably only missing lots of boring stuff like...you know...important dialogue and things like that.

Seriously though, how can you skim-watch something? Surely you're either on board or you're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Yeah after they jump out of the car there is a shot where one of them drives a machete through a zombie's head. It's identical to a scene in the original Dawn of the Dead.

Yeah, here it is

bqzxyxP.jpg

• Advertisement

Well while everyone is nit-picking; someone tell me why a machete stops in a head whereas a chain can slice through three walkers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

anybody notice that the walker gabriel was going to let bite him had a noose around his neck.

Goes for suicide by walker, and the walker had committed suicide to become a walker.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

empacher wrote: »
    anybody notice that the walker gabriel was going to let bite him had a noose around his neck.

Goes for suicide by walker, and the walker had committed suicide to become a walker.

How did he free himself then, walkers wouldn't be the brightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Well while everyone is nit-picking; someone tell me why a machete stops in a head whereas a chain can slice through three walkers

It's all to do with angles and trajectory - angles and trajectory!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Grays Sports Almanac

It's all to do with angles and trajectory - angles and trajectory!

That. And also maybe the zombies that were killed with the chain were at a greater stage of decomposition.

That. And also maybe the zombies that were killed with the chain were at a greater stage of decomposition.

I've argued this to death in the past. This is probably the most plausible explanation but it's inconsistent. Whatever suits the show at that moment determines how tough the walkers are.

I found the best explanation to be:
    Who gives a ****

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

After Rick locks the gate, how do Daryll et al get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

climb over using the wooden support beams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Thought the bit where Gabriel was just asked to shut the gate despite being obviously disoriented/weirding out was a bit ridiculous.

They were playing up the angle in this ep about how naive and cosseted the Alexandrians are, I thought this was just another example ... it literally didn't occur to them that anyone would not close the gate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

There was none for ep 15 - but here is everyone's favourite photo recap for The Finale!

http://imgur.com/a/m1qVG

Advertisement