Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Enigma 2 boxes?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Zardoz wrote: »
    Thats true but I have bought lots of receivers on Aliexpress over the years and they are all still going strong.
    I stick to the same sellers .

Can you PM a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

yabadabado wrote: »
    Can you PM a link.
    Me too pretty please zardoz :)

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Can you PM a link.
    Me too pretty please zardoz :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Can anyone recommend an enigma 2 box that works perfectly over wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Clareman wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend an enigma 2 box that works perfectly over wifi?
    The golden interstar lx2 works just fine with one of these.
    http://www.vuplus-shop.co.uk/WiFi-Adapter/VU-Plus-USB-300-mbps-wifi-adapter-wireless-lan-wlan

They are plug and play too!
    The vu+zero has 2 usb connections at the rear which are handy for a wifi adapter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Thanks for that, I think they have a gigablue box so that should work.

Clareman wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I think they have a gigablue box so that should work.
    Yes That will work perfectly.;)
    My friend has a Vu+ zero and the above wifi adapter connected to one of those vodafone mobile wifi devices and it's working remarkably well.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭greasepalm

i have seen posted issues with the power cable for zgemma boxes that could be a fire hazzard,remove fuse out of plug and see if box powers on.

replace the cable with a figure of eight like on the vcr and many other units,or remove plug fit a 13 amp plug with a 3 amp fuse rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

UrbanFret wrote: »
    The golden interstar lx2 works just fine with one of these.
    http://www.vuplus-shop.co.uk/WiFi-Adapter/VU-Plus-USB-300-mbps-wifi-adapter-wireless-lan-wlan

They are plug and play too!
    The vu+zero has 2 usb connections at the rear which are handy for a wifi adapter.

any place in ireland selling the lx2
    as delivery from uk is expensive

GY A1 wrote: »
    any place in ireland selling the lx2
    as delivery from uk is expensive
    I bought one from here
    €144 delivered.

• Advertisement

I bought one from here
    €144 delivered.

Won't beat that price. I have bought quite a few off them. Good for brushing up on your German as well as all emails are in their native tongue!;)

If you can use a northern Ireland address it's €136.97.:eek:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Won't beat that price. I have bought quite a few off them. Good for brushing up on your German as well as all emails are in their native tongue!;)

If you can use a northern Ireland address it's €136.97.:eek:

Would the lx2 be an upgrade over the alien 2?

I bought one from here
    €144 delivered.

will a usb portable hard drive work for recording or
    does it need to be a powered hard drive

will a usb portable hard drive work for recording or
    does it need to be a powered hard drive

I'm not sure tbh.I haven't bothered to put a drive in it yet.

I'm not sure tbh.I haven't bothered to put a drive in it yet.

It's an external drive it needs as no room inside the box. But some receivers need a hard drive that has its own power supply.

It's an external drive it needs as no room inside the box. But some receivers need a hard drive that has its own power supply.

Yeah its external only.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I noticed that the Xtrend ET-8000 receivers have had a big price cut.
    The twin sat tuner version is now 207 euro delivered off Hm-Sat and the Triple tuner is 237 delivered.
    https://www.hm-sat-shop.de/hdtv-receiver-sat/xtrend/1939/xtrend-et-8000-hd-2x-dvb-s2-tuner-pvr-ready-linux-full-hd-hbbtv-receiver?c=52

These receivers have the same spec as the other 1.3Ghz Broadcom receivers like the Vu+ Solo 2,Gigablue Quad ,Technomate Nano 3T and Edision OS3.
    Image support by Vix,Openatv ,Pli and others.
    Looks like a very nice receiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭irishgeo

On a vix image on a golden xl2 box , is it possible to jump to a certain point in a recording or do you just have to fast forward to the point you want.

On a opticum box with openTV image , what button brings you into the recorded programs listings.

on vix image.
    Use number jump, 1/3, 4/6, 7/9.
    Custom values can be set in Menu -> Setup -> System -> Recording and playback settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Zardoz

This may be of interest to some people.(Thanks to Deezel for spotting it)

The Edision OS1+ ,149€ and postage only 12 euro, wifi dongle thrown in.
    This is the plus version, twin sat tuner,1.3 Ghz processor,1GB of memory,256MB of Flash.
    https://abel.tv/optimuss-os1-plus-hd-dvb-s-2-linux-schwarz.html#.Va-AC_kyk00

Seems to be very similar to the OS2+ ,but doesn't have a common interface and the lack of a front led display.Not major issues to be honest.
    Excellent value at 161 euro delivered .
    The cheapest 1.3Ghz Broadcom based receiver on the market at this price point surely.

• Advertisement

This may be of interest to some people.(Thanks to Deezel for spotting it)

The Edision OS1+ ,149€ and postage only 12 euro, wifi dongle thrown in.
    This is the plus version, twin sat tuner,1.3 Ghz processor,1GB of memory,256MB of Flash.
    https://abel.tv/optimuss-os1-plus-hd-dvb-s-2-linux-schwarz.html#.Va-AC_kyk00

Seems to be very similar to the OS2+ ,but doesn't have a common interface and the lack of a front led display.Not major issues to be honest.
    Excellent value at 161 euro delivered .
    The cheapest 1.3Ghz Broadcom based receiver on the market at this price point surely.

whats the images/support like for this box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

whats the images/support like for this box

Main 2 teams would be open Atv and HDfreaks, there is others but these are the main 2.

bump

any good value around at the moment for a twin tuner?

depends what you call good,checked wos.?

xtrend et 8000 twin sat e225
    xtrend et 8000 twin cable e248

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

bump

any good value around at the moment for a twin tuner?

The Golden Interstar X2's are €122 on satkontor. 750Mhz processor. Twin DVB-S2 Vix Supported.

The TM Nano Combo is STG 119 (WOS) at moment. Single DVB-T2/DVB-S2. Vix Supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dav32cs

I noticed that the Xtrend ET-8000 receivers have had a big price cut.
    The twin sat tuner version is now 207 euro delivered off Hm-Sat and the Triple tuner is 237 delivered.
    https://www.hm-sat-shop.de/hdtv-receiver-sat/xtrend/1939/xtrend-et-8000-hd-2x-dvb-s2-tuner-pvr-ready-linux-full-hd-hbbtv-receiver?c=52

These receivers have the same spec as the other 1.3Ghz Broadcom receivers like the Vu+ Solo 2,Gigablue Quad ,Technomate Nano 3T and Edision OS3.
    Image support by Vix,Openatv ,Pli and others.
    Looks like a very nice receiver.

Just picked one up from WOS as it worked out better for what I need at the minute (2X DVBS & 250GB HD) for £186 (£159 box,£20 HD,£8 Postage to Parcel Motel NI, postage direct to ROI was something like £27) so roughly €250.

Definitely better value if you spend a bit extra on some of the European sites though when i was comparing if you were looking for the full three tuners or bigger size HDs.

Performance spec looks pretty good and I'm happy with that,now just to hope it doesn't look as horrible in reality as it does in the pictures....reminds me of the PS1 colour and real drab looking from them!!

check your fan settings as previous images had it off .

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

New OS mini Full High definition Receiver starting price 130 euro . i can,t post a link by the original posters as the site would not be allowed by mods just google for more info .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VkFHy0K_y4

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Paul007

The GI xpeed-lx1 looks a decent option.

Would I be right in thinking the only difference between the lx1 and lx2 is a better display and an extra satellite tuner?

Also, does the box support other usb dvb-t tuners apart from the sundtek? ...seems a bit pricey at 80eur.
    I have an af9005 lying around that I'm hoping will work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Paul007 wrote: »
    The GI xpeed-lx1 looks a decent option.

Would I be right in thinking the only difference between the lx1 and lx2 is a better display and an extra satellite tuner?

Also, does the box support other usb dvb-t tuners apart from the sundtek? ...seems a bit pricey at 80eur.
    I have an af9005 lying around that I'm hoping will work.

Yes, the only difference is Front Display and extra tuner. They both use the same firmware.

I currently use VIX on it. This €6 stick works perfectly with it:

http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_188371.html

Advertisement