Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Enigma 2 boxes?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

yabadabado wrote: »
    good stuff ,just gonna order off amazon but you saved me a few quid.

What image would ye recommend loading onto this?I have only ever used BH but I presume they are all similar to set up.

I installed the latest VIX on mine last night. Running sweet.

http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=GI-Xpeed-LX/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭irishgeo

irishgeo wrote: »
    bought an opticum, ill play around wiuth it tomorrow.

amazon Germany are fAST.

got this nearly all setup with open atv.

i cant figure out how you get it to download the epg data?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭greasepalm

you have to setup provider to download your epg to setup usb ,i use crossepg with vix and open tv providers and 28.2 ticked.coloured button could be a clue.

got this nearly all setup with open atv.

i cant figure out how you get it to download the epg data?

Here is a video that shows how to set it up. In video is VIX image, but OPENatv is similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qEBqQhwuuY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

good stuff ,just gonna order off amazon but you saved me a few quid.

What image would ye recommend loading onto this?I have only ever used BH but I presume they are all similar to set up.

I have only ever used vix and it's been perfect. so my philosophy is if it aint broke don't fix it. They have just launched a new image Hades i think it's called.
    you might also need to flash the bootloader(no harm to do it anyway)
    http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/Golden-Interstar-Bootloaders/

You may have to register to download and in fairness you should as it is a terrific site and offers great support.

How to Flash Golden Interstar Xpeed LX1 and LX2

Flashing the Receiver.

1. Format a USB stick to FAT32.
    2. Download the image of your choice and extract it to your desktop.
    3. Open the folder you extracted to your desktop, in this case named openvix-hades.05-xpeedlx_usb, you will see another folder named xpeedlx, this is your image file. Copy the entire xpeedlx folder directly to the USB stick
    4. Fully power the receiver down via the rear rocker switch.
    5. Make sure no USB devices are plugged into the receiver at this point.
    6. Insert the USB stick containing the image files into one of the USB ports on the receiver.
    7. Power the receiver on.
    8. When the receiver powers up you will see the message “press arrow UP to upgrade” on the receivers display. Press the '+' button now on front panel.
    9. During the flashing process you should see the message “upgrading” on the receivers, DO NOT power the receiver down during this process.
    10. If successful the receiver will reboot it self after the flashing process has completed.

• Advertisement

why when over there go and grab their manual pdf file for pc as you will love how easy it is to setup boxes.

i am aware on how to setup it to download the files and i have setup vix on loads of boxes but i dont have an xml importer option or a crossepg and its not listed in the plugins sections.

anything for setting up epg as that should open next page to choose from?

i am aware on how to setup it to download the files and i have setup vix on loads of boxes but i dont have an xml importer option or a crossepg and its not listed in the plugins sections.

Go to plugins, press green. Crossepg in Systemplugins.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

UrbanFret wrote: »

What are they like with delivery .Does it usually take long ?

• Advertisement

http://www.satkontor.de/golden-interstar-xpeed-lx2-hd-usb-pvr-e2-hdtv-linux-twin-sat-receiver-2x-dvb-s2.html

Ordered this on Monday and delivered yesterday.Really great service and tracking number worked on both DHL and An Post.
    A nice looking box and fantastic value,will set it up next week.

Best place/value to get a HDD for this?Want a 500 GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭swoofer

and a very good price,

amazon and look at this one

Samsung M3 500GB USB 3.0 Slimline Portable Hard Drive - Black

swoofer wrote: »
    and a very good price,

amazon and look at this one

Samsung M3 500GB USB 3.0 Slimline Portable Hard Drive - Black

Was gonna get an internal drive .neater job.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭red bellied

Was gonna get an internal drive .neater job.

Does that box take an internal drive, I couldn't see anything about it in specs?

Does that box take an internal drive, I couldn't see anything about it in specs?
    I thought it did but I have looked at so many boxes the last 2 weeks my head is fried.No big deal if it doesn't.

if you checked on wos from drop down box yes a 500gb can be fitted.

bit small as looking at some other boxes one saying 4tb super big.

wos has more info on specs to check for in 1 location.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭swoofer

I doubt it, it says pvr via usb. Its a great price though. How much was delivery? Check wos carefully, that drop down says USB HDD and lower down, " just add a USB external HDD"

swoofer wrote: »
    I doubt it, it says pvr via usb. Its a great price though. How much was delivery?
    Delivery was €19.90.€141.95 all in.

OP said €135 delivered but I could only see one option for delivery,it was still the cheapest price all together and it was delivered within 5 days.

yes rechecked again thanks usb,must be a small unit.

the delivery from amazon de for my opticum was quicker then amazon uk.

• Advertisement

I have only ever used vix and it's been perfect. so my philosophy is if it aint broke don't fix it. They have just launched a new image Hades i think it's called.
    you might also need to flash the bootloader(no harm to do it anyway)
    http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/Golden-Interstar-Bootloaders/

You may have to register to download and in fairness you should as it is a terrific site and offers great support.

How to Flash Golden Interstar Xpeed LX1 and LX2

Flashing the Receiver.

1. Format a USB stick to FAT32.
    2. Download the image of your choice and extract it to your desktop.
    3. Open the folder you extracted to your desktop, in this case named openvix-hades.05-xpeedlx_usb, you will see another folder named xpeedlx, this is your image file. Copy the entire xpeedlx folder directly to the USB stick
    4. Fully power the receiver down via the rear rocker switch.
    5. Make sure no USB devices are plugged into the receiver at this point.
    6. Insert the USB stick containing the image files into one of the USB ports on the receiver.
    7. Power the receiver on.
    8. When the receiver powers up you will see the message “press arrow UP to upgrade” on the receivers display. Press the '+' button now on front panel.
    9. During the flashing process you should see the message “upgrading” on the receivers, DO NOT power the receiver down during this process.
    10. If successful the receiver will reboot it self after the flashing process has completed.
    Ok Folks I seem to have a problem.I followed the instructions above to flash the box.It goes through the process on the front panel Flashing Kernal etc but then gets to "Booting" and does nothing.OpenVix logo appears on the TV but it seems to be stuck there .
    Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

are you using a good brand of usb stick as boxes are choosey,sandisk,cruzer,integra,kingston work,was usb formatted to fat32 first and image extracted to usb and inserted when box is off,when flashed power off and remove usb,then power on.
    did you press correct buttons in the process.did box reboot?

greasepalm wrote: »
    are you using a good brand of usb stick as boxes are choosey,sandisk,cruzer,integra,kingston work,was usb formatted to fat32 first and image extracted to usb and inserted when box is off,when flashed power off and remove usb,then power on.
    did you press correct buttons in the process.did box reboot?

Yeah everything seemed to be OK and I followed the instructions.I have flashed a few boxes(Flashed a Solo2 last week with same USB stick)and never had a problem,this is just stuck on BOOTING.

Box didnt reboot.Front panel is saying BOOTING and OpenVix image is on TV.

i would start again and do bootloader reflash then the image incase one was faulty,download fresh files having deleted previous files.one thing about flashing images give them time to finish and box reboots.
    recheck both files are matching box name.

I got it working.
    Reflashed the image but changed file from "noforce" to "force" and it did the trick.With noforce it wouldn't automatically reboot.

happy days and sign of relief,make a note of what you did for the next time you flash it.

anyone idea why vix dont support the opticum sat version but do support the cable version?

Delivery was €19.90.€141.95 all in.

OP said €135 delivered but I could only see one option for delivery,it was still the cheapest price all together and it was delivered within 5 days.

Sorry guys. I live on the border and I get my purchases delivered to a "uk address". as it generally works out cheaper. :o

Sorry guys. I live on the border and I get my purchases delivered to a "uk address". as it generally works out cheaper. :o

Still a good price and I would definitely recommend the box to anyone thinking of buying one.

• Advertisement

It's interesting to note that changing the file from noforce to force did the trick as I flashed a box albeit an LX1 "which was very cheap and uses the same image" without changing anything and it works fine. seems to be an issue though.
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/archive/index.php/t-39083.html
    Anyhow bought this baby off Satkondor andd have to say it's impressive.

http://www.satkontor.de/vu-solo-full-hd-1080p-twin-linux-receiver-pvr-ready.html

Advertisement