Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Enigma 2 boxes?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

So had this box 5 days. So far I'm extremely pleased with it. IPTV plugins all work well (eg YouTube). Picture quality is superb, even SD quality is good. It plays all the video files I throw at it, where my dream box struggles. EPG all works good too.
    All in all I'm very happy with this basic box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

snaps wrote: »
    So had this box 5 days. So far I'm extremely pleased with it. IPTV plugins all work well (eg YouTube). Picture quality is superb, even SD quality is good. It plays all the video files I throw at it, where my dream box struggles. EPG all works good too.
    All in all I'm very happy with this basic box.

How user friendly would you class this box?
    My parents currently use a dm600, which is grand they can use it no problem, any issues I usually sort out for them, was looking at maybe this or the alien for them?

The alien would obviously be new, have a warrenty and returns would be inside Ireland (if required) v a box thats a couple of years old and would be sending back to the UK or Poland if something goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TOEJOE

Hi just a quick question is this discussion about receivers for a satellite dish?. Where would I get information on the topic and technical terms?!!!! confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

TOEJOE wrote: »
    Hi just a quick question is this discussion about receivers for a satellite dish?. Where would I get information on the topic and technical terms?!!!! confused.

Yes m8 we are reffering to Sat receivers themselves, what information exactly do you need to know more about/are unsure about?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭greasepalm

world of satellite has specs for all those boxes they sell and the home of vix has a very nice friendly vix manual pdf to download for setting up enigma2 boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

glic83 wrote: »
    How user friendly would you class this box?
    My parents currently use a dm600, which is grand they can use it no problem, any issues I usually sort out for them, was looking at maybe this or the alien for them?

The alien would obviously be new, have a warrenty and returns would be inside Ireland (if required) v a box thats a couple of years old and would be sending back to the UK or Poland if something goes wrong.

If they can use a DM600 then im sure they would be grand with this. It all depends what you want out of the box? What tuner set up? How much you want to spend?

I've the basic single tuner box (I won it on a Polish auction site). The twin tuner 250gb version is available on adverts.ie for 120e.

The Ailen is well supported, a similar kind of box that started life off as a sparks reciever and was modified with an enigma2 firmware, also it has triple tuners consisting of a DVBT option.

Personally if I was looking for just a single tuner, I'd go for the VU+zero or technomate nano (But too expensive for me), again both around 120e. The VU+zero has superior memory than most boxes at the same price and also has fantastic support.

But so far I am getting everything out of this box I wanted too. Ive atually moved it to the living room and put the DM800 into our bedroom. The kids room still has a DM500 in it, but its causing problems as a few channels are not available on it as they have gone dvbs2.

Also worth noting, the nbox is a full size receiver, nothing as small as a DM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

snaps wrote: »
    Personally if I was looking for just a single tuner, I'd go for the VU+zero or technomate nano (But too expensive for me), again both around 120e. The VU+zero has superior memory than most boxes at the same price and also has fantastic support.

Speaking of the Vu+ Zero ,I came across this receiver yesterday ,the Opticum Ax-Odin.

Seems to be the same hardware as the Vu+ Zero ,750Mhz Cpu,512Mb of Ram and 256Mb of Flash.
    Its supported by Openatv .

Its around 100 euro on Amazon Uk
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Opticum-HD-AX-ODiN-E2/dp/B00FXSNUEM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428239427&sr=8-1&keywords=opticum+ax+odin

or 86 euro on Amazon DE
    http://www.amazon.de/Opticum-HD-AX-ODiN-Satelliten-Receiver-Integrierter/dp/B00FXSNUEM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Zardoz wrote: »
    Speaking of the Vu+ Zero ,I came across this receiver yesterday ,the Opticum Ax-Odin.

Seems to be the same hardware as the Vu+ Zero ,750Mhz Cpu,512Mb of Ram and 256Mb of Flash.
    Its supported by Openatv .

Its around 100 euro on Amazon Uk
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Opticum-HD-AX-ODiN-E2/dp/B00FXSNUEM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428239427&sr=8-1&keywords=opticum+ax+odin

or 86 euro on Amazon DE
    http://www.amazon.de/Opticum-HD-AX-ODiN-Satelliten-Receiver-Integrierter/dp/B00FXSNUEM

Have one of these Opticum receivers with OPENATV on it. A great little receiver for the price. I got it on Amazon.de for €81 incl delivery a while back. At €100 incl delivery its still a good price.

The Vu+Zero at its price range is competing with the twin tuner Golden Interstar LX2 XPEED Linux HD Twin Receiver.

At this price range I'd go for the twin tuner.

givecredit wrote: »
    Have one of these Opticum receivers with OPENATV on it. A great little receiver for the price. I got it on Amazon.de for €81 incl delivery a while back. At €100 incl delivery its still a good price.

The Vu+Zero at its price range is competing with the twin tuner Golden Interstar LX2 XPEED Linux HD Twin Receiver.

I kind of guessed you'd have one :)
    81 euro ,that's a great bargain .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

whats open atv?

• Advertisement

irishgeo wrote: »
    whats open atv?

http://www.opena.tv/

its a new image but is it any good?

its a new image but is it any good?

Its not a new image ,OpenAtv are one of the founding members of the OE-Alliance .
    OpenAtv was formerly known as OpenAAF until 2013.

Themselves and OpenVix would probably be the two most popular images around ,they share alot of the same code .

Its not a new image ,OpenAtv are one of the founding members of the OE-Alliance .
    OpenAtv was formerly known as OpenAAF until 2013.

Themselves and OpenVix would probably be the two most popular images around ,they share alot of the same code .

anyone here using it any pro /cons over vix?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

I have set up both of these boxes lately, the Zero has a faster processor. It does everything faster. It boots really quickly and is just a wee bit better at everything in my opinion. However it really is tiny. The lx2 is a good looker and does everything adequately as well. There is a combi version of the lx2 which has a single sat tuner and an rf tuner which might be an option for saorview and freeview.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Quick question folks.I'm am looking to buy a basic box for my Dad.He has got used to the BH image on my Duo so I am looking for a box that I can install BH on.The box won't be used for recording or anything else bar watching TV.What is a good box to get ?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭red bellied

yabadabado wrote: »
    Quick question folks.I'm am looking to buy a basic box for my Dad.He has got used to the BH image on my Duo so I am looking for a box that I can install BH on.The box won't be used for recording or anything else bar watching TV.What is a good box to get ?

Vu zero would be a good buy for him, can be got fairly cheap online.

Yeah best price seems to be around €130.Doesn't really matter what box it is aslong as I can load on BH.Aul fella is fussy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Got one the other day to replace my Uno that has problems powering on. Great box. It's tiny as well which is nice.

UrbanFret wrote: »
    I have set up both of these boxes lately, the Zero has a faster processor. It does everything faster. It boots really quickly and is just a wee bit better at everything in my opinion. However it really is tiny. The lx2 is a good looker and does everything adequately as well. There is a combi version of the lx2 which has a single sat tuner and an rf tuner which might be an option for saorview and freeview.

Thinking off getting a twin tuner instead of a single for the extra few quid it seems like a good idea.Anyone recommend a place to get the LX2,it seems to tick all the boxes I need.7 day EPG and can be set up with BH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭greasepalm

wos do original boxes.

Thinking off getting a twin tuner instead of a single for the extra few quid it seems like a good idea.Anyone recommend a place to get the LX2,it seems to tick all the boxes I need.7 day EPG and can be set up with BH.

Amazon Germany seems to be the cheapest 148 euro delivered
    http://www.amazon.de/Golden-Interstar-LX2-XPEED-Receiver/dp/B00FYD3ICA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430951659&sr=8-1&keywords=xpeed+lx2

Yeah checked out a few places earlier ,amazon.de works out at €146 delivered via Parcel Motel.

Yeah checked out a few places earlier ,amazon.de works out at €146 delivered via Parcel Motel.

Good price for a great receiver. I own the twin sat version for about 5 months now. Bought it from Amazon.de for circa €155 delivered at the time. Great buy. Highly recommend it. Its just as good a my other receivers that were twice the price.

I had an old sundelk dtt usb tuner. That works nicely too in this receiver...

Good price for a great receiver. I own the twin sat version for about 5 months now. Bought it from Amazon.de for circa €155 delivered at the time. Great buy. Highly recommend it. Its just as good a my other receivers that were twice the price.

I had an old sundelk dtt usb tuner. That works nicely too in this receiver...

Am I correct that it comes as the twin sat version as standard from amazon?
    Edit: just saw that it does and one tuner is interchangeable .

bought an opticum, ill play around wiuth it tomorrow.

amazon Germany are fAST.

bought an opticum, ill play around wiuth it tomorrow.

amazon Germany are fAST.

Enjoy..

Recommend trying this:

http://www.lavatronicsdownloadcentre.com/freedownloads/index.php?dir=Opticum/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

• Advertisement

UrbanFret wrote: »

good stuff ,just gonna order off amazon but you saved me a few quid.

What image would ye recommend loading onto this?I have only ever used BH but I presume they are all similar to set up.

Advertisement