Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The X-Files - Season 10 & 11 [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Unfortunately UK rights to this have been picked up by Channel 5, leaving Virgin Media and Eir customers waiting for an Irish broadcaster (maybe 3e or original home RTE Two - but they don't really do sci-if any more) to pick up or for a DVD/VOD release.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/dec/10/the-x-files-reboot-to-be-broadcast-on-channel-5

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Yoghurt87

icdg wrote: »
    Unfortunately UK rights to this have been picked up by Channel 5, leaving Virgin Media and Eir customers waiting for an Irish broadcaster (maybe 3e or original home RTE Two - but they don't really do sci-if any more) to pick up or for a DVD/VOD release.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/dec/10/the-x-files-reboot-to-be-broadcast-on-channel-5

Aw crap! Really disappointed to hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I can't see any Irish station picking it up which means I won't be able to watch it. Feck.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Deadline suggests it'll air in 60 countries. Mostly through Fox's system, by the looks of it.
    The series will return as part of a two-night special event across all licensed territories within the international Fox portfolio starting on January 25 and will reach audiences throughout Latin America, Southeast Asia and select markets in Europe including Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal and Spain as well as Turkey and Africa.

Fox has used the day-and-date TV launch model on other shows including The Walking Dead, Wayward Pines, Scream Queens and Empire. The upcoming Outcast, which Fox International Studios developed with Robert Kirkman (The Walking Dead) for Cinemax in the U.S. and Fox channels internationally, also will employ that model. Fox is available as a linear channel and nonlinear offering in over 340 million homes across the US and virtually all international TV markets.

Heads up that X-Files will be returning on Monday 25th January, for anyone that would want to take note!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Just starting the 6th season tonight after having watched the film last night.

The show has been far more entertaining than I ever gave credit to, very easy to watch and been a great filler for nights when we can't think of anything in particular to watch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

NY Times comment in relation to the first episode
    ‘THE X-FILES’ (Fox, Jan. 24) You can’t go home again, but you can still get a thrill watching Mulder (grizzled, earnest) and Scully (taut, wary) stare deep into each other’s eyes. Written and directed by the show’s creator, Chris Carter, the pilot of this long-awaited six-episode sequel is completely taken up with recapitulation and scene-setting — it’s all mythology, no creature of the week. And it’s scaled and paced more like the “X-Files” feature films than like the intimately horrific chapters of the show’s glorious early seasons. But Gillian Anderson and especially David Duchovny slide back into their roles as if the intervening 14 years were just an alien time trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

RTE 2 has it!!! First episode airs January 26th.

(confirmed just after the Code Black trailer video)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Can't see the X-Files doing well, I'd love to watch it but I'd need to do a rewatch, I'd imagine alot feel similar.

Is their a recap coming first or anything??

Not feeling the love for season 6 at all, the goofy comedy and really cheesy plots just don't sit right along with the MIDI cartoon music.

Moved onto the mythology episodes instead so should be ready for the new season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭Heckler

I can't see any Irish station picking it up which means I won't be able to watch it. Feck.

I see this quite a bit and don't understand. If you have the internet you can watch it the day after it airs from a multitude of sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Dair76 wrote: »
    RTE 2 has it!!! First episode airs January 26th.

(confirmed just after the Code Black trailer video)

Don't say this often but thank you RTE.
    Heckler wrote:
    I see this quite a bit and don't understand. If you have the internet you can watch it the day after it airs from a multitude of sources.

Better on the box though don't you think?

Don't say this often but thank you RTE.

Better on the box though don't you think?

Don't see any advantage. Guess it depends on your setup. Ads on TV albeit you can skip through them but why bother. And if you're a fan why wait ?

Play through your TV ? I don't understand why it would be better on the box ?

Not you but I've read people online moaning that they can't watch such and such a show because they don't have a certain channel and its never going to be aired on the channels they have. Really ?

I don't have a TV anymore but when I did most shows I watched weren't on the channels I had. I got them online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

youtube.com/watch?v=UgRUzEdPfHA (add www.)

Looks like the lone gunmen are back also.

Credit to RTE for picking it up. I wrote to them when they were showing season 4 because the scheduling wasn't great, iirc. I did get a response indicating the episode air dates, names and production codes...those were the days. :o
    Heckler wrote: »
    Play through your TV ? I don't understand why it would be better on the box ?.

I started off acquiring Homeland for seasons 1 and 2 the day after the US broadcast. For the past few years I've watched it on RTE because even though I don't actually watch a whole lot of appointment TV any more, there is something nice about sitting down at a dedicated time, rolling with it and that weekly anticipation that's not based around promos or the 27 theories people have come up with about a particular story arc. I've done my share of that, not going to deny it. The odd time I like to support the Irish ratings, not that it may count for much and don't get me wrong, I don't feel I owe anything back to RTE. It's less of a technology argument and simply whatever gives you the most viewing pleasure.

Credit to RTE for picking it up. I wrote to them when they were showing season 4 because the scheduling wasn't great, iirc. I did get a response indicating the episode air dates, names and production codes...those were the days. :o

I started off acquiring Homeland for seasons 1 and 2 the day after the US broadcast. For the past few years I've watched it on RTE because even though I don't actually watch a whole lot of appointment TV any more, there is something nice about sitting down at a dedicated time, rolling with it and that weekly anticipation that's not based around promos or the 27 theories people have come up with about a particular story arc. I've done my share of that, not going to deny it. The odd time I like to support the Irish ratings, not that it may count for much and don't get me wrong, I don't feel I owe anything back to RTE. It's less of a technology argument and simply whatever gives you the most viewing pleasure.

I can understand that. There was a great sense of anticipation for the week ahead TV. In my day its was the A team, McGuyver, CHiPs etc. You had to be there at a certain time or you missed it. Forgot about those days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Yes I remember Friday nights in the US in the mid nineties! The boyfriend and I used to get an Indian takeaway every week and sit down to watch the X-Files followed by Homicide.

Piece from The Hollywood Reporter on how the show came about.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/x-files-became-a-list-852398

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

David Duchovny couldn't sound more lifeless.

Reserve judgement though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭brian_t

Dair76 wrote: »
    RTE 2 has it!!! First episode airs Tuesday January 26th.

Starts at 9.55pm

The second episode is on the next day at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

If anyone wants to catch up on old episodes:

I happen to see S01E02 on Mon nite on 5

H2 channel (ch531) is showing 2ep nightly @midnight afaik it was S01

Is it me or do they actually look more like Mulder & Scully in this sketch than they do in new season? :pac:

Critics have seen the first episode. The reviews are generally negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I hate critics. They're always so... critical. Whinging and whining and nitpicking and giving out about the smallest flaw. They're inherently negative-nancys. :pac: I ignore them and just enjoy the positives. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

New trailer - looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

When I binge-watched the series last year I read the Wikipedia entry for each episode afterwards. Very often disagreed with the critics. Hope that means this is going to be great. :D

• Advertisement

Theory about episode one and two airing close together suggests there'll be a huge fall of in ratings after 10.01.

CIA getting in on the act.

https://twitter.com/thexfiles/status/691333398296539136

Advertisement