Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do we judge this Fine Gael government?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

So far based on the economic performance they scrape a D minus. The scary thing is none of alternatives at the moment appear any better!
    yeah I agree, I will be voting for Renua most likely, giving Labour welfare and PS, outrageous economy damaging marginal income tax rates. You have to ask, did they really want reform? If so, why give to of the main spending areas to "Labour"... We are nearly back to square one with housing and the cost of childcare for working couples is disgraceful ( I dont have a kid or mortgage btw) FG gave Labour way to much power IMO, if FG had achieved for the working man and trying to get people back into work, what Labour have with ensuring nothing changes, they would have my vote.

Why are we now looking at pay offs for all again, the pensioners were left virtually untouched. This madness of everyone is equally deserving of a income rise or reduction is ridiculous to me, when the payout on everything here is benchmarked, not on merit but on insane boom time revenue and FF bumper giveaway budgets.

They are between a rock and hard place, you need to giveaway as little as possible AND retain power (a balance between being financially prudent and retaining power). So like i said, they will in effect be forced to open the goody bag this year, but then I propose they reign in the spending for the next 2-3 budgets to compensate, once power is achieved... They were certainly far better than any of the other options we had available at the time and still better than anything that we could vote for tomorrow morning IMO...

I would score them a 4 or 5/10...

Its a pity the country didnt have the courage to vote for FG to let it go alone, we vast majority of us would be in a much better place right now IMO, particularly the current jobless...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭joe912

Idbatterim wrote: »
    yeah I agree, I will be voting for Renua most likely, giving Labour welfare and PS, outrageous economy damaging marginal income tax rates. You have to ask, did they really want reform? If so, why give to of the main spending areas to "Labour"... We are nearly back to square one with housing and the cost of childcare for working couples is disgraceful ( I dont have a kid or mortgage btw) FG gave Labour way to much power IMO, if FG had achieved for the working man and trying to get people back into work, what Labour have with ensuring nothing changes, they would have my vote.

Why are we now looking at pay offs for all again, the pensioners were left virtually untouched. This madness of everyone is equally deserving of a income rise or reduction is ridiculous to me, when the payout on everything here is benchmarked, not on merit but on insane boom time revenue and FF bumper giveaway budgets.

They are between a rock and hard place, you need to giveaway as little as possible AND retain power (a balance between being financially prudent and retaining power). So like i said, they will in effect be forced to open the goody bag this year, but then I propose they reign in the spending for the next 2-3 budgets to compensate, once power is achieved... They were certainly far better than any of the other options we had available at the time and still better than anything that we could vote for tomorrow morning IMO...

I would score them a 4 or 5/10...

Its a pity the country didnt have the courage to vote for FG to let it go alone, we vast majority of us would be in a much better place right now IMO, particularly the current jobless...[/QUOTE]

Do you really believe this. Given the arrogance of f.g and their general loathing and disregard for the ordinary people.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Do you really believe this. Given the arrogance of f.g and their general loathing and disregard for the ordinary people.
    well if the other parties deem people on a salary like myself, well off enough to take over 51% off (and that is a figure around the average industrial wage), I must not be "an ordinary person" in fact there must be hundreds of thousands here, to be taxed at that kind of rate, surely we must be the "elite"?!

Please tell me what party I could have voted for in 2011, for the "ordinary person"? Fg are the best of a bad lot IMO... Look what we got by voting in Labour, who would purport to looking after the "ordinary people"!

Advertisement