Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Nationals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Balthazar King is still being assessed on the course... I thought he was up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I had €5 on Shut The Front Door to win with paddy power. I got nothing. Are they not paying out on 5 places or do I just not understand how this works?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Delta2113 wrote: »
    I had €5 on Shut The Front Door to win with paddy power. I got nothing. Are they not paying out on 5 places or do I just not understand how this works?

Your bet was to win so it's a loser. If you did an each way bet you would have got something back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

The 5 places only applies to each way bets

• Registered Users Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Unfortunately, you would have had to put the bet on Each Way to get any money back €5 ew would have cost you €10
    It would only have returned €12.50 at the starting price of 6/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭PressRun

Skintwin wrote: »
    Balthazar King is still being assessed on the course... I thought he was up :(

Balthazar King has been moved from the course to the stable. No definitive news on him just yet, but he is on his feet apparently. He remains under assessment. Fingers crossed everything will be OK.

Hobbs says that he understood that horse may have broken ribs. been removed to local vet hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Running a charity thing
    Anyone know were I get the official winning time ?
    Tried PP and Sportinglife no joy.. yet anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

Broken ribs apparently..

Yes, broken ribs seems to be the word on Balthazar King. It was a horrific fall. Hopefully he will make a full recovery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I think it was Balleycasey running into the horse that broke its ribs rather than the fall. Balleycasey smashed into him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Are paddy power paying out on top 5 horses? I had shut the front door each way.

Yes, it was a fall and then a collision. Very scary nonetheless. Aintree are very lucky that they can say all 39 are still on their feet.

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Running a charity thing
    Anyone know were I get the official winning time ?
    Tried PP and Sportinglife no joy.. yet anyway

TIME 8m 59.10s (fast by 4.90s) http://www.racingpost.com/horses/result_home.sd?race_id=599739&r_date=2015-04-11&popup=yes#results_top_tabs=re_&results_bottom_tabs=ANALYSIS

Are paddy power paying out on top 5 horses? I had shut the front door each way.

I think it depends on when you actually had the bet. If you only had it today, they mightn't.

Further news on Balthazar King is suggesting he is also concussed. However, he was able to walk onto the horse box. Hoping for no lung damage if it is broken ribs.

Jockey Davy Condon has also been brought to hospital but is conscious after his fall from Portrait King.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭fits

Did the winning horse ever appear in winners enclosure? Trainer said he was wobbly.

Many Clouds was very hot and fairly pooped after the race. They wanted to keep him moving and throw water on him to help him cool down. The enclosure was too confined for him.

Word coming through now that Balthazar King has in fact just bruised his ribs. Fantastic news if true!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

fits wrote: »
    Did the winning horse ever appear in winners enclosure? Trainer said he was wobbly.
    Brought him in for a lap of honour once he had cooled down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I think it depends on when you actually had the bet. If you only had it today, they mightn't.

Yeah only backed today.

I'll check it in case but cheers for the reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

Magnificent winning performance with 11.9 and 2nd top weight. He was absolutely knackered at the end but remember that these are supreme elite athletes and I have no doubt he will be 100% sound once he gets home to some box rest. Really likeable, honest type, a throwback to some old fashioned National winners. Anybody else notice what a fine looking horse he is, pricking his ears after the finish? What a champ.
    I backed the runner-up at 33s by the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Unreal run, didnt think he could carry that weight and thought he might need it softer. Another serious contender for the GC next year.

Great news on Balthazar king.

How badly injured is Robbie mac?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Anyone know where I can watch the race in full?
    I was away today and UPC didn't record it for me :mad:
    I can't see any TV listings for it on Channel 4 tonight. I know BBC used to show it in full on Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Anyone know where I can watch the race in full?
    I was away today and UPC didn't record it for me :mad:
    I can't see any TV listings for it on Channel 4 tonight. I know BBC used to show it in full on Saturday night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIad3T4W2UA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

What would the fairest way to break down €150 sweeps 1,2,3?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

€75, 50, 25

or 100, 30, 20.

I'd go with the first though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Robson99

1. €90
    2. €40
    3. €20

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I organised the sweepstake today in work and guess who picked out no. 2 :)

/thanks goodness there were loads of witnesses to the draw :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Yeah only backed today.

I'll check it in case but cheers for the reply

Paddy Power paid out on first 5.

Advertisement