Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Nationals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Miall108

Have went with Balthazar King already. His form and pedigree is just way too good not to at least end up in the places.

Also tempted to go with Alvarado whose jockey Paul Moloney has placed in each of the last 6 Nationals but because he generally runs from the rear I fear he may leave it too late.

Similarly tempted to go with Across the Bay based on his great run last year but I think he may flop badly

Theres always a few newcomers that breakthrough in a National so going with too many horses who have done well in the years before is not going to end well

Godsmejudge would definately have been one candidate but considering his awful run only 2 or 3 weeks ago he would need a really significant improvement and I cant see it happening in such a short space of time

Off those newcomers I like are

Al Co especially

Carlito Brigante too seems to be a good stayer over a decent distance and has pretty good form along with being around the perfect age and weight. May be one to watch out for

Night in Milan seems to be a horse that is being heavily backed by people

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TheFense

I hate nationals... The pain, the pain, the pain of it all!

Alvarado
    The Package
    Night in Milan
    Broadway Buffalo

Best of luck folks

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Balthazar king gone into 10s! Do ye think he wil drift on the morning?? Should have got up off my ass and taken him at 14s when they went nrnb

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

pugw wrote: »
    Balthazar king gone into 10s! Do ye think he wil drift on the morning?? Should have got up off my ass and taken him at 14s when they went nrnb

I can see the bookies being a bit more generous on Friday night/Saturday morning than their current prices for the race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

I had a lot of freebets to use so I think I'm well covered

Got Shutthefrontdoor, Ballycasey, The Druids Nephew, Spring Heeled, First Lieutenant, Al Co, Alvarado and of course Balthazar King, should make some sort of profit anyway.

If I had to choose top 3 it would have to be

Balthazar King
    Spring Heeled
    Al Co/Alvarado

• Advertisement

Magnate wrote: »
    I had a lot of freebets to use so I think I'm well covered

Got Shutthefrontdoor, Ballycasey, The Druids Nephew, Spring Heeled, First Lieutenant, Al Co, Alvarado and of course Balthazar King, should make some sort of profit anyway.

Balthazar King
    Spring Heeled
    Al Co/Alvarado

Was the Ruby factor the main influence in your choice of Ballycasey???:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

Miall108 wrote: »
    Was the Ruby factor the main influence in your choice of Ballycasey???:p:p

Yep, but I have the least money on him, was just emptying the change in my account haha

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Magnate wrote: »

Balthazar King
    Spring Heeled
    Al Co/Alvarado

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I have a sneaking suspicion AP might just jump ship

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Shemale wrote: »
    I have a sneaking suspicion AP might just jump ship

To Cause Of Causes?

Why so?

• Advertisement

To Cause Of Causes?

Why so?

Yeah, I dunno to be honest, I got the same feeling the year he changed to Don't Push It, maybe it's because I think Causes is better handicapped than Shut.

Most likely nothing in it but last time his original pick was being backed off the boards and he switched late in the day to Dont Push It who was 28/1 and the price collapsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

PP sent me an e-mail offering me 10 places on the National. Incredibly generous offer but they're fecking gonna tempt me to back more horses than I was planning to!

rossom wrote: »
    PP sent me an e-mail offering me 10 places on the National. Incredibly generous offer but they're fecking gonna tempt me to back more horses than I was planning to!

Christ, anytime I back more than two in a race none of them do anything, could be a trap.

I remember one time I was waiting on the last leg of a fourfold which would have returned four figures and I did five €40 win singles as cover, backed everything I thought was a danger and none of them even placed, ended up down €210.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Bet365 half stake back again this yr max refund 125, cracking offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

It says in de papers:
    Punters could finally rinse the bookies this weekend to the tune of £260m if the legendary McCoy wins at Aintree and McIlroy wins the Masters.
    Rory can still find the right direction yet, early days.

I'd be up a few bob too having got these two featuring on various e/w accums (EP x21/x6.5). The concerning thing is one of the books updated their 'terms of use' blurb, mentioned some notification about 'in the event of going administration...' :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Just got Dolatulo & River Choice in the office sweepstakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I never thought I would ever say this but I fancy First Lieutenant 2moro. My head says he wont stay but I said that even more so about Rule the World and he stayed the Irish National last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,325 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

rossom wrote: »

Is this open to all existing account holders?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

Just done 10euro each way on soll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Im after witnessing a lad put 300 each way on Mon Parrain @ 50/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Is this open to all existing account holders?

Don't think so no.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Delighted I got Alvarado in the sweeps at work. All my eggs in one basket! Get in Alvarado!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

3 for me

Al Co 25/1
    Saint Are 33/1
    Ely Brown 100/1

All 1 pt ew

The main thing tomorrow is that all the animals make home safely and that deathtrap Bechers Brook doesnt cause any more sad fatalities

• Registered Users Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Jim Culloty looking for a jockey for Lord Windemere as Robbie McNamara has been ruled out following a fall at Wexford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Good/Soft but 2mm forecast earlier/during day and may be finishing into a blustery 20mph+ from WSW with chance of showers. UNIONISTE might like a bit of rain perhaps...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Went with 2, Cause of causes 18/1 and Oscar time 33/1. GL

Alvarado, Across the Bay and Balthazar King the each way bets for me tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

CH3OH wrote: »
    Jim Culloty looking for a jockey for Lord Windemere as Robbie McNamara has been ruled out following a fall at Wexford.

Davy Russell has no runner. :p

Advertisement