Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Options

Comments

Commercial vehicles parking in disabled parking bays to deliver.....bread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

(not trivial, in my opinion) twats. No longer live in Ireland so can't get Pat the Baker bread, but if I could, I'd never be eating it again.

Zippie84 wrote: »
    When people / companies can't understand that 12am = midnight, not noon.

One bad example of this is one shopping centre I know who have a big sign outside saying their sunday opening hours are 12am - 6pm. Very impressive!
    Simple answer "opening hours are 12:00 to 18:00" no confusion, unless you're so dim that you don't understand the 24 hour clock!

Simple answer "opening hours are 12:00 to 18:00" no confusion, unless you're so dim that you don't understand the 24 hour clock!

yep would make a lot more sense. unfortunately I bet there are a lot of such dim individuals that don't understand 24 hour.

on the subject of time format, literally have just come across this while searching for holidays. Now that's silly. Why use am / pm AND 24 hour clock?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

on the subject of time format, literally have just come across this while searching for holidays. Now that's silly. Why use am / pm AND 24 hour clock?

That's for the clever thick people!

That's for the clever thick people!

I suppose they're just maybe trying to cover all eventualities :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

is there a number on the van? If so I would defo give it a call ( or mention it to the driver if he is around).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Most of the raspberries I bought on Thursday are mouldy on the inside :(. I always get my fruit in this particular supermarket, and it's so annoying that there are no best before dates on the fruit. I've never opened them to find them mouldy before though.

This thread should be locked on days when the weather is nice like this. Stop us all grumbling and complaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Just to annoy ye all, went to Supermarket today, bought cereal, cost €6, handed over a 20. Took my receipt and change, crumpled it up and put it in my pocket. Walking down the road noticed they gave me €24 change! :D

Fella who served me is always a grumpy ould bollix too so I didn't even consider going back.

Yes, I just broke the thread! :P

trivially annoys me when people think people can't be grumpy about trivial things on sunny days :P

(sorry, trigger happy, couldn't resist)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

kfallon wrote: »
    Just to annoy ye all, went to Supermarket today, bought cereal, cost €6, handed over a 20. Took my receipt and change, crumpled it up and put it in my pocket. Walking down the road noticed they gave me €24 change! :D

Fella who served me is always a grumpy ould bollix too so I didn't even consider going back.

Yes, I just broke the thread! :P

Ah feck off :):):)

did you buy the new cereal with Darth Vader on it! :):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

deise08 wrote: »
    Ah feck off :):):)

did you buy the new cereal with Darth Vader on it! :):):):):)

No, just 2 boxes of Rice Krispies that were on offer too of €3 a box!

Think I might do a sneaky football bet with the tenner!

TA that some fookers were doing work outside my window at 8.30am this morn, think they were moving new desks into the office across the road had to get up around 9am

trivially annoys me when people think people can't be grumpy about trivial things on sunny days :P

(sorry, trigger happy, couldn't resist)

That's one less christmas card for me to send this year. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Heartburn. I'm in bits with it, feels like Mike Tyson punched me in between the shoulder blades and I'm breathing fire.

I genuinely want to cry. I've had a pint of milk, a pint of water and loads of gaviscon. I've only ever felt like this twice before and that was from an allergic reaction to something

That's one less christmas card for me to send this year. :(

good - cos it trivially annoys me when people send mailshot pieces of card saying happy christmas that would just get chucked in the bin anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I'm at work and I'm hungry and the only food is porridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Hi Oliver...sorry :o

I hope you get some nice nosh somewhere!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    is there a number on the van? If so I would defo give it a call ( or mention it to the driver if he is around).

Would you stop and think about what you are saying, he is only off loading some bread for a few minutes and there is another disabled spot right beside the van and maybe more.

• Advertisement

Lucyfur wrote: »

Let me guess, you are a prison officer?:D

Would you stop and think about what you are saying, he is only off loading some bread for a few minutes and there is another disabled spot right beside the van and maybe more.

I did stop and think. I am presuming the van does not have a sticker/sign to allow him/her to park in a disabled only space, therefore he has no business doing so. it does not matter how many disabled spaces are available. I have heard all the excuses "I will only be a minute", "I just got my hair done" "Ah sure there is a space over there.."

Just dont do it.

I did stop and think. I am presuming the van does not have a sticker/sign to allow him/her to park in a disabled only space, therefore he has no business doing so. it does not matter how many disabled spaces are available. I have heard all the excuses "I will only be a minute", "I just got my hair done" "Ah sure there is a space over there.."

Just dont do it.

Seconded. It's very justifiable to be annoyed if non-disabled badge holders park in disabled spots, and is far from a trivial thing.

(granted, we don't know if the bread van driver had a disabled badge, but seems more likely that they were offloading bread, and if so, it's not on).

I have heard all the excuses "I will only be a minute", "I just got my hair done" "Ah sure there is a space over there.."

Just dont do it.

Are you regularly inconvenienced in parking in disabled parking spaces by others who shouldn't park in them?

Are you regularly inconvenienced in parking in disabled parking spaces by others who shouldn't park in them?

Thats hardly the point. You don't need to be disabled to be annoyed by people using disabled places when they shouldn't.
    Its just wrong.

Me personally? No. But I have observed disabled people being inconvenienced by this selfish act many times. And that is exactly what is, a selfish act by selfish people. Lets be honest, how far far away is the nearest parking spot that this guy could have availed of? Ten, may twenty metres? But at the end of the day it does not matter. No sticker, no parking. End of.

Me personally? No. But I have observed disabled people being inconvenienced by this selfish act many times. And that is exactly what is, a selfish act by selfish people. Lets be honest, how far far away is the nearest parking spot that this could have availed of? Ten, may twenty metres? But at the end of the day it does not matter. No sticker, no parking. End of.

yep, it would be a bad bad world if we only ever got annoyed about things that direct us personally :)

. Lets be honest, how far far away is the nearest parking spot that this guy could have availed of? Ten, may twenty metres? But at the end of the day it does not matter. No sticker, no parking. End of.

You are correct, that is the rules. I just personally think its no big deal, if he was occupying a sole disabled space fair enough.
    People would be more trivially annoyed if their bread was not on the shelves in time for their Saturday morning fry up. :pac:

You are correct, that is the rules. I just personally think its no big deal, if he was occupying a sole disabled space fair enough.
    People would be more trivially annoyed if their bread was not on the shelves in time for their Saturday morning fry up. :pac:

Look, I probably should not react like a do (But it is something that really drives me nuts) and it is way beyond a TA for me. No bread though...now THAT would be a TA.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭JanaMay

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Heartburn. I'm in bits with it, feels like Mike Tyson punched me in between the shoulder blades and I'm breathing fire.

I genuinely want to cry. I've had a pint of milk, a pint of water and loads of gaviscon. I've only ever felt like this twice before and that was from an allergic reaction to something

Ah you poor thing. I got awful heartburn when I was pregnant. Every time I bent down to tie my laces etc I felt it rising. Gaviscon helped a bit, but the best thing I found was (ok it tastes disgusting) was half a glass of water with a bit of toothpaste mixed in. It really did help. Also try to keep your chest higher than your belly at all times - cushions are your friend!

On topic, today's trivial annoyance: people who open Whatsapp groups for work stuff but send messages at weekends and get annoyed if you don't reply.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement