Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I know I'll be annoyed by the apparent All-Ireland final today of Liverpool vs Manchester United. Idiots from the same town calling each other Manc scum and Scouse w*nkers. The thoughts of it. Only yesterday they were delighting in getting one over the English...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Omackeral wrote: »
    I know I'll be annoyed by the apparent All-Ireland final today of Liverpool vs Manchester United. Idiots from the same town calling each other Manc scum and Scouse w*nkers. The thoughts of it. Only yesterday they were delighting in getting one over the English...

I can never fathom how they manage to square that circle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

A bad nights sleep. I decided to have an early night last night and ended up fighting with my pillows for most of the night. Got bugger all sleep and now I ache all over.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Weeds and moss.
    First foray in to the garden in months. Weeds and moss have made their annual attempt to take over.

Dont they realise that I will never give up?
    I will never let them win.
    But yet they insist that I put in a few hours effort every year to clear them away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

God damn dog crap:(. I took the little one for a walk earlier and she stepped in a mushy pile of it. She stood on my new runners then and smeared it on them. The older girl not thinking picked her up a few minutes later, and it got wiped down the leg of her jeans. The ditch was full of piles of crap, and bags of it. Why would you bag it, and throw it there? Ignorant baxtards :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

To the woman in front of me who was unloading her full trolley at the checkout in aldi. You could see I only had 1 item to pay for.
    Would it have killed you to allow me to go ahead of you?
    I could have been paid and gone by the time you finished putting all your stuff on the belt.
    I didn't mind waiting, but I always appreciate some kind manners...

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Shandashey

whiskeyman wrote: »
    To the woman in front of me who was unloading her full trolley at the checkout in aldi. You could see I only had 1 item to pay for.

Why should she though? Would it kill you to wait in the queue behind her, like everyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Currently sitting through Spongebob the movie in the cinema even though my wife said she'd bring our kid.

Gawd...its woeful stuff altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

I could have been paid and gone by the time you finished putting all your stuff on the belt.

This is common courtesy in my books. I don't believe that anyone should intentionally and unnecessarily hold another person up.

Shandashey wrote: »
    Why should she though? Would it kill you to wait in the queue behind her, like everyone else?

I said I didn't mind waiting :rolleyes:

I just consider it common courtesy and it's something I'd always do.
    it's clear she, and more like her, dont, and I find that TA...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭corner of hells

To Lidl and Aldi , why oh why when your stores are busy do you just have one cash register in operation , yet when the stores are quiet often three or four bored foreign looking young ones are sitting on their holes doing nothing.

A bad nights sleep. I decided to have an early night last night and ended up fighting with my pillows for most of the night. Got bugger all sleep and now I ache all over.:(

TA that I'm the same!
    Gonna try a hot bath tonight before bed.
    haven't had a bath in years! Not really something us blokes too! :D

TA that I'm the same!

Do it! Enjoy it. Bring a hot chocolate with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

TA that I'm the same!

I hope you at least have a shower now and then:D

TA that I'm the same!

We had a new bathroom fitted about 4 years ago, I think I've used the bath once.:D I much prefer a shower. I love the idea of a relaxing bath with candles etc, but in reality I don't have the patience to sit in a bath for long.:) I don't think my husband has ever used the bath.

To Lidl and Aldi , why oh why when your stores are busy do you just have one cash register in operation , yet when the stores are quiet often three or four bored foreign looking young ones are sitting on their holes doing nothing.
    I've never seen one of those stores quiet enough for the staff to "sit on their holes", they're usually in blue arse fly mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Do it! Enjoy it. Bring a hot chocolate with you!

Proper indulgence right there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I've never seen one of those stores quiet enough for the staff to "sit on their holes", they're usually in blue arse fly mode.

Likewise. I always found they had plenty of tills open when busy and a single one when quiet. Never saw staff sitting doing nothing in either.

TA today - for some reason I made a conscious decision not to take my wallet to mass and just brought enough for the collection. I never do this. Half way to town the car announces I'm low on diesel. No big deal but I'll have to detour 8 miles for fuel some day soon while going fishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Being nervous about dropping a CV in to a shop in town. If I get an interview, I won't be a bit nervous, not until it's over anyway. But my stomach is all knots and moths about answering the ad in the window. What will I wear? What if they recognise me from shopping in there and think "oh no, not this one! Best put this CV right in the bin!" TA'd by irrational fear!

Was really watching my money over the last month due to lots of unexpected and expected outgoings, so really cut back on lots of things.
    Just got paid today, and also got an unexpected cheque in the post from something else!
    TA - Could have done with that cheque around 2 weeks ago!

Off I go to post in the 'Things that make you happy' thread about getting the cheque anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Getting locked out of my work PC 3 times this morning ffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

Been sneezing my face off for weeks now. I'm not sick, and I can't figure out what I'm allergic to. Driving me up the effing walls...

boobar wrote: »
    Currently sitting through Spongebob the movie in the cinema even though my wife said she'd bring our kid.

Gawd...its woeful stuff altogether.

I had to take my husband's niece to Tigger the movie while he took his nephew to the Pokemon movie at the same time. It was a very long time ago. Thank Christ we decided not to have kids. Thats an hour and a half of my life that I'm never getting back.

Adult colouring books marketed as Art Therapy. Bollox, its a colouring book.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Imagine this.

Young female, late teens, pregnant ( I think) manky ( I mean manky) PJ's, and the bottoms of the PJ@s are tucked in to Argyle socks. Is this a new thing? The Argyle socks that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Imagine this.

Young female, late teens, pregnant ( I think) manky ( I mean manky) PJ's, and the bottoms of the PJ@s are tucked in to Argyle socks. Is this a new thing? The Argyle socks that is.

What are argyle socks??

Adult colouring books marketed as Art Therapy. Bollox, its a colouring book.

And, eh, where would one get one of these books? Just wondering like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

We took in a stray dog that was skin and bone, we noticed she was gaining weight pretty fast. Turns out she was pregnant.

Now we have 5 puppies squealing in the corner :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,300 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

PandaPoo wrote: »
    We took in a stray dog that was skin and bone, we noticed she was gaining weight pretty fast. Turns out she was pregnant.

Now we have 5 puppies squealing in the corner :o

Well done on taking in a stray. A very kind act, especially as she was unwell. I hope you find a nice home for the puppies :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Ignorant dog owners who don't put their dogs on the lead when people are out running and stand by while the dog chases or run at the runner.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement