Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Totally forgot I stripped our bed this morning. Till now. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Totally forgot I stripped our bed this morning. Till now. Sigh.

I did that one Friday, said I'd put fresh sheets on when I came home after work cos wasn't going out! 10 mins before end of work someone asks am I going for a pint, end up out til about 1am, walk thru bedroom door and there's the sheets ready to be put on and me rubber :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I bought really lovely bedsheets, brushed cotton ones. Light pink with white polkadots. I love them, they were quite expensive.

Myself and my husband are covered in fluff every morning!! The pillows are so soft that bits come off and get in my hair and his stubble. They're so beautiful though.

PandaPoo wrote: »
    I bought really lovely bedsheets, brushed cotton ones. Light pink with white polkadots. I love them, they were quite expensive.

Myself and my husband are covered in fluff every morning!! The pillows are so soft that bits come off and get in my hair and his stubble. They're so beautiful though.

I have horse racing pillowcases, love them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

kfallon wrote: »
    I have horse racing pillowcases, love them :D

Only riding that goes on in your bed is the horses on the pillows :D

• Advertisement

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Only riding that goes on in your bed is the horses on the pillows :D

Cheeky bint!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

The latest craze of having "plumped up lips". Why??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A solar eclipse and all I can see is cloud! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

ratmouse wrote: »
    The latest craze of having "plumped up lips". Why??!!

Not sure that it is the latest craze, but agreed- the BJ lips thing is not a good look for some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Woke up with a crick in my neck, plus I'm going to the hairdressers, so that'll be 2 hours sat in a chair.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Discovered last night that I cannot squat properly!

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Discovered last night that I cannot squat properly!

Got 'caught short' in a secluded alleyway?? :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Jaysus, just realised how bad that looks now......I was practicing a squat deadlift (think that's what it's called) with a trainer last night.

There is nothing wrong with my other 'squatting' though.

My headphone jack is getting sensitive......going for a run later so I'll be listening to the remix of every song that is playing.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Squats and deadlifts are two different lifts :)

TA'd at how much of a damp squib the eclipse was here. Went from normal spring grey to looking like it was going to piss rain and back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Yeaterday, I was like Julie Andrews - I felt like running for the hills and bursting joyously into song. Today I am back in the land of trivial annoyances. In fact, I'm rightly p*ssed off!!

Yesterday's weather was beautiful, heavenly. There was not a single cloud in the sky. It would have been great weather for eclipse-gazing. Today, the day of the actual eclipse, there was nothing but thick, grey, horrible clouds. I was optimistic, thought I might glimpse it at least for a second, but nope. I was so disappointed.

I'm annoyed with myself for wearing the wrong shoes yesterday, when I knew I would be doing a lot of walking. My feet are full of painful blisters. I'll have to soak them.

On my way back from walking my OH to work, I got stuck behind this prick who had a massive shoulder bag hanging off him. Every time I tried to pass him out he walked to the side to cut me off. I ended up having to go into the cycle lane to get past him. I felt like scowling over my shoulder at him and shouting "I'll f*cking push you next time!!!"

And It started to rain again. Typical f*cking Irish weather. Glorious one minute, horrid the next. I'm now damp and grumpy and footsore. Hopefully I'll feel better after a hot shower, a foot soaking and some more coffee. And at least I can see the eclipse on the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Postdoc is finished in a couple of weeks, have just received my first rejection of the new slew of job applications.

It's fine though - it's not like I wanted to work in Oxford anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Pierced ears on young children.
    now I'm not meaning that towards a 'particular group' I'm seeing it a lot more now on kids from all walks.

I just got so very excited when I got a 15% off discount code form adidas because there are training pants I really reeeeaaaaally want.

I went to buy them and copped they're actually reebok :(

I just got so very excited when I got a 15% off discount code form adidas because there are training pants I really reeeeaaaaally want.

I went to buy them and copped they're actually reebok :(

Just buy the things anyway ffs! If you don't you'll just be thinking about them all the time!

Supervalue toastie bags.
    Made my lunch earlier, was starving. Popped the ham, cheese and tomato sandwich in to the new Supervalue toastie bags, popped the lot in the toaster.

The bag melts. WTF!
    I was so hungry I ate the toastie anyway, but still TA!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

TA'd at 32 year old English graduates who insist on using the worst txtspk known to humanity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Found a handbag online last night that I really liked and it was half price, today both colours that I liked are gone. That's what I get for not buying it last night. I'm really fussy about handbags so it takes me ages to find one I like.:(

Supervalue toastie bags.
    Made my lunch earlier, was starving. Popped the ham, cheese and tomato sandwich in to the new Supervalue toastie bags, popped the lot in the toaster.

The bag melts. WTF!
    I was so hungry I ate the toastie anyway, but still TA!

I would bring them back to Supervalu. Those bags are designed to resist heat and the possibility of melting. Would be a good way to vent your trivial annoyance offline. Go into the supermarket, ask for the manager and begin your complaint with "I am trivially annoyed that..."!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I'm tired and my eyes hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

I'am sick to the teeth with cheesy sentimental "hearth warming" viral video sh*te that's infecting people this side of the Atlantic. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Loving jalapenos, adding them to meals such as fajitas, chilli con carne, tacos etc. But then them being too hot. But me still loving them. But in pain.

It still not being warmer ir warm enough weather wise to start wearer lighter clothes.

TA that I had no change for the Luas. Gave the machine a twenty. It gave me all coins change. I well be rattling round Dublin all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm havinga REALLY bad day today.

Got lost on the way to a school I was working in so arrived in just in time instead of 20 minutes early which I like. Super annoying.

And people who don't listen straight away or properly. Then they ask stupid questions which you've already answered when you were speaking first time around. Just listen for ffs!

Grrrrrrrrrr everything is annoying me today! I need to go to sleep and wake up on a new day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

It's annoying that I never know where to look at the hairdressers when she is talking to me. Do I turn slightly and look at her, or talk to her reflection in the mirror? I also told her not to worry about pulling the head off me trying to get out knots, as I pull the head off myself everyday. Then had to chew my lip as I realised how it sounded. When leaving I dropped my phone into a clump of hair off the old lady beside me:(.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement