Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any regrets from life?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

being a bully :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Well, I'm only young so I have plenty of time to have regrets. But wasting all my time in formal education I guess? Maybe if I'd copped on sooner, I wouldn't be stuck in endless PLC courses and a go nowhere job.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Not taking a punt on BoI at 9 cent a share in September 2011.

Taking a big one on them at €2 a few months earlier, then not cutting my losses in time:mad:

Not travelling more when I had the chance.
    Staying too long in the one job.
    Staying too long with the wrong women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Made a decision when my second child was born that I'd stop doing overtime and trying so hard to please my employers. She's 8 now and I've spent many hours watching her and my older daughter laugh and smile. I taught her to swim, cycle and I do her homework with her most days which I missed out on with my first. My work life has suffered as others passed me by and got promoted and gained a better wage. Do I regret it? Do I fu ck.

Best decision of my life bar none.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Probably some regret that I meandered into the career that I have in the way that I have, but it pays fairly well so it allows me to have a good life outside work which is good, but sadly not enough to allow me to not have to work at any point in the forseeable future.

At times I regret not getting married and trying to start a family younger, but I got to go on lots of good holidays and visit places I wouldn't have if I was in relationship or had kids.

I mostly regret buying an apartment in Dublin in late 2005, but none of these regrets are enough to stop me being thankful for the relatively trouble free and good life I've lead which has seen me get a good education, a decent job, and soon to be married to a wonderful woman, while thankfully having very little bereavement to date intrude on my life. I'm still (just) under 40 so a long way to go yet, but the good far outweighs the regrets as I've meandered through life, usually taking the easy path of least resistance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭josip

eternal wrote: »
    Travelled less? Are you mad :confused:

Too much wanderlust and not enough lust.
    Would have liked to have a few more kids but unlike booking a flight, kids come along when they want to, not when you want them to.
    Would gladly settle with having fewer travelling stories to tell to more kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Although I had no control over it being born in the first place is a regret.As a whole life is a dreadful curse due to the sheer pointlessness of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Although I had no control over it being born in the first place is a regret.As a whole life is a dreadful curse due to the sheer pointlessness of it.
    That's just depressing. That's the whole point. We are so blessed to be born in the first world, and to be born human. So, make the most of that time! Do things that make you happy, live life to it's fullest! You only get 80 or so years (if you're lucky). Make the most of that time! I think death pushes us to do more in our limited time here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

It's not pointless carpe diem that bitch and make life what you want it to be

Chin up dude life always has its challenges but it has its rays of light aswell

If you weren't around you would never get to experience them and they are so worth it

Don't do anything stupid live is a miracle and the end is that the end no coming back no second chances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 jbtarmac121

i regret not leaving home at 16 when i had my first job. it was a toxic environment, stupid parents, **** area. i should have rented a room in a different part of dublin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

My mother used to bring a neighbour friend into the house every Xmas day. This woman used to laugh at me each year because her son was married and had a good job. I regret not kicking her in the head over and over while counting down the 12 days of Xmas, slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

I regret never being able to stand up for myself against bullies and smart-asses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Feeling pretty good about that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

•Should have emigrated when I finished school. Did loads of courses which led nowhere & now I'm going back to college then leaving after I graduate. I hope.
    •Always lose touch with friends & probably don't make enough time for that stuff.
    •Never went travelling, EVER.
    •I told a woman I was close friends with I wanted to be more than friends. She didn't & now we barely contact each other. Happened 6 months ago & just cannot get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

ERG89 wrote: »
    •I told a woman I was close friends with I wanted to be more than friends. She didn't & now we barely contact each other. Happened 6 months ago & just cannot get over it.

At least you didn't waste your life wondering....all you need to do now is move on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

fiachr_a wrote: »
    My mother used to bring a neighbour friend into the house every Xmas day. This woman used to laugh at me each year because her son was married and had a good job. I regret not kicking her in the head over and over while counting down the 12 days of Xmas, slowly.

Ya...her son doing so well she's spending Xmas day with ye....instead of her family??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭SPM1959

Went to college, shouldn't have bothered me arse.

It's amazing as one of my main regrets in life is not going to college straight after the leaving. Wanted a job/money and was very lucky to get a good one and a young age. However I feel I missed out on so, so much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,457 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Naw I think its a great festival, this'll be my fifth time now. Looking forward to rocking out to Squarepusher at Life Festival 2015.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

You usually end up regretting the things you didn't do rather than the things you did...

Which is what I always tell myself when I'm about to do something really stupid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Mine has to be meeting the most awesome women ever in my 28 years on this earth and letting her get away, no one since or after has even come close :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

i regret missing so much of my daughter's growing up, she's 7 now

Advertisement