Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any regrets from life?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

No Regrets - life is short and before you know you're feeling old and your heart is breaking
    Don't hold on to the past

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Why do you think you're too old? A couple of weeks ago I was at the funeral of a lady who had died at the age of 96. At the age of 88 she decided she wanted to travel. And she did. She got herself her first ever passport and travelled for years until her health caught up with her.

Saying you're too old sounds like a bit of a copout, tbh.

It's like this....I've too many commitments atm....I'm not bitter or anything :)....I'd have probily nor enjoyed it....didn't want to see anything/really do anything exceptional...it's just I love the heat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Eh my life is not even close to over yet, Stuff like this annoys me. This is why we have some 20 year old writing a book about their life....

What if they've had a really interesting life up until then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Not sticking up for myself during my early teens. I was a very outgoing guy when I started secondary school, met some ****ty people, put me down, I let them walk all over me. I became very quiet, developed quite severe social anxiety. Barely recovering from it now in college, 7 years later. ****ing cnuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

I used to, but they were mounting up. One day I just said fcuk it and let it all go. What's the point like.

You make your decisions, good ones or bad ones, it doesn't matter, they were your decisions.

Stuff that was out of your control, well it was out of your control, no point whinging about it.

I still have a few things that I would have preferred went differently. Will they bother me on my death bed if I'm lucky enough to make it to one?

Nah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

bjork wrote: »
    No Regrets - life is short and before you know you're feeling old and your heart is breaking
    Don't hold on to the past

This is it really. I tend to focus on positives in my life and looking forward rather than looking back with regret. If I had lived my life differently, I'd simply have a different set of regrets if I thought like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Not sticking up for myself during my early teens. I was a very outgoing guy when I started secondary school, met some ****ty people, put me down, I let them walk all over me. I became very quiet, developed quite severe social anxiety. Barely recovering from it now in college, 7 years later. ****ing cnuts.

If it didn't happen then maybe you wouldn't have the personal awareness that you have now.

Take it as an experience ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

Not taking a punt on BoI at 9 cent a share in September 2011.

Sure they are 25 cent now, not that great. In 2008(I think) they went down to 25 cent then went back up to 3 euro six months later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Sorry to hear you had such a hard time. If you met them now face to face what do you think you would say to them?

lulu1 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you had such a hard time. If you met them now face to face what do you think you would say to them?

Ah..hard to say. I don't keep in touch with any of them. But I wouldn't attack them or anything, they were only 14/15 at the time after all..they have grown up a good bit. So yeah it'd be a bit more immature of me to go off ranting about things they did 5/6 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Regret not keeping in contact with friends. Should have said yes more often to invitations to meet up.

Got news recently that a friend had died suddenly.

I'm going to reconnect with lots of people and pay more attention to my wife and kid, life is short.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Ah..hard to say. I don't keep in touch with any of them. But I wouldn't attack them or anything, they were only 14/15 at the time after all..they have grown up a good bit. So yeah it'd be a bit more immature of me to go off ranting about things they did 5/6 years ago.

Yea but dont forget you were probably the same age If I was in your shoes now and I met even one of them I would let them know just what I thought of them. Not immature at all in my book.

lulu1 wrote: »
    Yea but dont forget you were probably the same age If I was in your shoes now and I met even one of them I would let them know just what I thought of them. Not immature at all in my book.

I suppose, but I don't know it'd just be a bit random like...if I went to a school reunion and just bumped into one of them and what do I say? like hey remember me you used to be a ****ing cnut to me? Like maybe if an opportunity arose I would take it. Like if one of them said they missed secondary school Id probably say something along the lines of 'oh yeah? Well I can't say I do seeing as you made it a living hell for me. But i can see why you'd miss it'

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I have only a few, and it's mainly on how I interacted with certain people. If I had my time over, I would have done it differently.But I learned a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Moving to Canada

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

What 20 year old is doing that?

Plenty of really young celebs now doing autobiography's and all that. Sure loads of them harp on about how to run your life and all that as if they actually have a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

In 15 minutes I pass the maximum age for joining the Army - Regret that but then other good things have happened.

Not going for it with 'the one that got away', but then I wouldn't be married to my wonderful wife.

I'm lucky to have those regrets - it's changed the way I go about things. You're so much more likely to regret the things you dont do than the things you do!

(Wish I hadn't got this fat though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

In 15 minutes I pass the maximum age for joining the Army - Regret that but then other good things have happened.

Not going for it with 'the one that got away', but then I wouldn't be married to my wonderful wife.

I'm lucky to have those regrets - it's changed the way I go about things. You're so much more likely to regret the things you dont do than the things you do!

(Wish I hadn't got this fat though!)

Happy Birthday in advance, I hope good things await you on the other side of 12 o'clock, though sounds like you've done ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I often think if I had of picked a different course in college would it be better, especially seen I'm back at college now 17 years after starting my first degree. But my life has been good and I think of now as time for a change rather than making up for a mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

only regret is not shooting my evil-auntie 10 years ago

no regrets

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

Not being assertive enough.

Not being fully myself. I think exploring things about me that might be 'odd' in society.

Wasting time on people I should not have.I have been a good person and tried to not hurt anyone. Wasting time with people not worth it. Putting up with crap.

Letting small crap be a big issue between good people. ( Although I don't really do this).

Not loving myself.

Realizing how fast people go from seriously ill to dying. It's shocked me every time. When my grandmother was to make a disc for her but i dislocated my arm and everything was slowed down. She went i was at the funeral with my arm in a sling still. I was still in college. We didn't get much warning.

I do love my extended family i want to spend more time with them.

People are what is important.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭creolebelle

I wished I stopped caring about what other ppl thought about me a lot earlier in life. I stopped at 21 but I could have saved myself some time and heartache if I started at 13.
    I also regret not taking chances. Sometimes it's good to stray off the beaten path

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

I wished I stopped caring about what other ppl thought about me a lot earlier in life. I stopped at 21 but I could have saved myself some time and heartache if I started at 13.
    I also regret not taking chances. Sometimes it's good to stray off the beaten path
    Amen. Always worth a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I wish I hadn't chosen the career I'm in now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

There can only be 1 regret, and I'll be making damn sure it doesn't happen.

That regret is not finding a quick definite exit.

Not hanging around for that sht.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Getting in to serious long term relationship from a very young age. I feel like I missed out on a big part of my life, which was from 18-28.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

Getting in to serious long term relationship from a very young age. I feel like I missed out on a big part of my life, which was from 18-28.

you didn't miss much

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I have only a few, and it's mainly on how I interacted with certain people. If I had my time over, I would have done it differently.But I learned a lot.
    Yup, the same. One person I am no longer friends with, through my own stupidity, stings and that's my only regret. I've made lots of mistakes but if I could only go back and change one thing, I'd make sure I didn't **** up our friendship.

Don't think like that. What do you think you missed exactly? a few one night stands? They're **** and overrated, in my opinion. If you stayed with her/him that long then it obviously meant something and its nothing to regret.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Falling out with someone and not making up before we lost contact.

Advertisement