Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any regrets from life?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭circadian

I make the most of what I have and regret nothing. Regret is something that can drag you into a hole of what ifs and wondering if your life would be any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91210506

Getting phone numbers from females on a night out and then not ringing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭circadian

eamonnq wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91210506

Getting phone numbers from females on a night out and then not ringing them.

Nine months later and still the same regret? You should really have changed that by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

circadian wrote: »
    I make the most of what I have and regret nothing. Regret is something that can drag you into a hole of what ifs and wondering if your life would be any better.

Im not saying you specifically, but I hate when people come out with phrases like "no regrets" or "regret nothing."
    Often it seems like it's just an excuse to be an asshole or not face up to something you did/didnt do that you shouldnt/should have.
    Again, im not referring to you specifically, just the phrase "regret nothing" set my mind off on a tangent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

circadian wrote: »
    Nine months later and still the same regret? You should really have changed that by now.

I can't find their numbers!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Already mentioned this elsewhere... getting into programming. On the verge of killing myself from how fecking BORING it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

no ragrets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Losing contact with my kids who are young adults now :(

Long story...relationship meltdown, other side of the world, I went where the work was :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Getting into a relationship with someone who emotionally and psychologically abused me for 2 years. By the time it ended I was a shell of a woman and it took the guts of 18 months to find my feet again.

Wish I'd F**ked off travelling instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Losing contact with my kids who are young adults now :(

It's never too late

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I have a lot of regrets. I seem to make a lot of bad decisions!

In general they can all be summed up by saying I regret always trying to do the "right" or "proper" thing, being a good girl. It's got me nowhere and I really wish I'd never bothered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Grays Sports Almanac

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Already mentioned this elsewhere... getting into programming. On the verge of killing myself from how fecking BORING it is!

It's soooo boring!!!! I've been hopping around various areas of IT and now I'm done.

I HATE it. Zero interest.

Need to find something new...but what..!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Blowing 250k cash in 2 years basically on drink and drugs has to be up there. Ah to be young again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Baby Jane

Hell yeh - who hasn't? But the thing is not to dwell on them, view them as what felt right at the time (even if it wasn't :pac:), treat them as learning experiences, and all that jazz.
    Life is a series of lessons. The stuff you regret and all that, shapes you into the fabulous person you are today!

To be honest, I don't believe people who say they have no regrets. How can a person not wish they'd done even one tiny thing differently? It's part of life. The regret in and of itself isn't the issue, it's your attitude towards it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

Not realizing I deserve love, respect , loyalty and care until now. Not realizing that it's not asking a lot and it's ok to trust and expect it will be given. Not realizing walking away is the right thing to do and that does not mean it won't be there the next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

It's soooo boring!!!! I've been hopping around various areas of IT and now I'm done.

I HATE it. Zero interest.

Need to find something new...but what..!

Forestry totally different :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Spending time with all of the wrong people. Pure and utter waste of energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

I regret .....

The one I let get away
    I was young :/

being such an introvert
    I'm nearly scared of people now sometimes I get pissed off and go walk around looking at other people having fun in groups and stuff and being intensely jealous or a deep sense of disconnection, it's more down to I can't let myself go wild for a night or just go have fun :(

Dropping out of college because I chose the wrong coarse and because of my previous point was afraid to say it to my parents at the time so I lost out on 2 years and watched all my friends graduate and move on with there lives but I went and did a degree which I will finnish in may and I love what I do now :)

What I don't regret

My degree

Having the balls not to be dragged down the road of cheating on my long term girlfriend the other day with a gorgeous girl who made advances on me but I shrugged it off and walked away (companionship means more to me than a night with a good looking girl)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

No regrets no regrets , no body crying over yesterday :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Getting mixed up with various women and wasting some of my better years, years I'll never get back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

These lines keep popping up in my head.
    "Daddy, what does regret mean?"
    "Well son, it's better to regret something you have done, than it is to regret something you haven't done."
    Truer words were never said.
    We all have regrets. But at least we tried!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭josip

I wish I'd travelled less, started sprogging earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Baby Jane

Some things I wouldn't see as having any point in viewing with regret though, e.g. having children later than average: could this have been avoided in the first place?

If you didn't meet their mother/father until you met them, well then that's how it was gonna be anyway.

Unless having children was deliberately put off until relatively late in life when it was possible to have done so earlier. I guess don't beat yourself up, but nothing wrong with briefly wishing you had done it differently either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

Baby Jane wrote: »
    Some things I wouldn't see as having any point in viewing with regret though, e.g. having children later than average: could this have been avoided in the first place?

If you didn't meet their mother/father until you met them, well then that's how it was gonna be anyway.

Unless having children was deliberately put off until relatively late in life when it was possible to have done so earlier. I guess don't beat yourself up, but nothing wrong with briefly wishing you had done it differently either.

are you getting broody?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

The only real regret I have is trying to hang on to friendships which the other person is obviously taking for granted and isn't making any effort with anymore. It has happened a few times now, usually I realize something has changed in the friendship, they stop making effort, I say it to them, they come up with some excuse and insist they still value the friendship despite the fact there's evidence they don't. I allow this to go on for a few months before giving up and moving on, a few weeks later they apologise and tell me I was right. I've allowed this to happen far too many times, causing me a great deal of stress. Another regret I have is having a fight with the very first "best friend" I ever had, it was over something stupid, and we ended up not talking for years. Recently I made up with him and I've realised he's probably the best friend I'll ever have, I regret not making the effort to make up with him sooner and losing the years of friendship we could've had.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

josip wrote: »
    I wish I'd travelled less, started sprogging earlier.

Travelled less? Are you mad :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Not really. Nothing major anyway. Every mistake I've made has been a catalyst for something better. That sounds as if I'm lying but it's true.

I suppose I wish I'd had the balls to initiate more stuff such as meeting up with people I'd lost touch with or calling people I was interested in becoming friends with - I always waited around for people to make contact with me and lost potential /old friends in the process. All down to being quite shy underneath it all.

so far, no threesomes as yet!! I live in hope!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

A few,

Not quitting certain jobs when it obvious they had ran its course.
    Letting that one go a true gem of a Woman, I wish her happiness.
    Getting involved with a complete yoke (Verge on killing her if I ever meet her again Larry Murphy style)
    Moving out of New York and back to Ireland.
    Moving out of Perth and back to Ireland, Perth was just on the cusp of the boom and I was one of the first wave of Irish there !
    Dissing out a serious beating to a french student, he did not deserve it.

I could go on.... :) But I am now relatively happy and a lot wiser now.

• Advertisement

6541 wrote: »
    A few,

Not quitting certain jobs when it obvious they had ran its course.
    Letting that one go a true gem of a Woman, I wish her happiness.
    Getting involved with a complete yoke (Verge on killing her if I ever meet her again Larry Murphy style)
    Moving out of New York and back to Ireland.
    Moving out of Perth and back to Ireland, Perth was just on the cusp of the boom and I was one of the first wave of Irish there !
    Dissing out a serious beating to a french student, he did not deserve it.

I could go on.... :) But I am now relatively happy and a lot wiser now.

Je suis Bully!!

sorry couldn't resist!:)

Advertisement