Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any regrets from life?

Options
  • 10-03-2015 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Read a really interesting article in the guardian at http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2012/feb/01/top-five-regrets-of-the-dying
    It's the most common regrets dying people have days before their end. The clarity and honesty of a person at the end of their lives is refreshing.
    Just wondering what other regrets people may have and are we willing to make the changes while we can?
    I fear I'll have all the regrets in the above article and hope to take steps to change.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Should've travelled more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

As long as I get pumped full of lethal quantities of morphine at the end, I'll have no regrets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

2. "I wish I hadn't worked so hard."

That does it, I'm not gonna let AH bully me anymore with the social stigma of not working. Where's the dole thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I had a few ...

Someone had to say it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Never tried acid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Didn't get to ride the nurse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

When I got let go years ago not going travelling/fecking off to for a few years!!

Instead worked for wicked low money to finish out my apprenticeship/look after the farm (the father had v.poor health at the time)
    Also hadn't the money/access to the money to go either

Sometimes I wonder is al
    Too old now :/

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Spook80

I wish I had of clicked "update" on gta before dinner so it'd be ready to play by now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

Nahhhh,

If I hadn't done what I've done all along and if the **** that's happened along the way (good and bad) hadn't happened, then I wouldn't be me.
    Life is pretty damn good right now, and I wouldn't have it any other way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Never tried acid.

I did once.....regretted it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

I wish I didn't waste time reading the Guardian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Wide Load

Never tried acid.

You have a small window if you'd like to indulge it in legally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

I think I will regret that I didn't have children a little earlier in life. I'm in my mid forties and I'm very fortunate that my parents are still alive and healthy in their late 60's. By the time my youngest child is my age now, I would be almost 90. Assuming I'm unlikely to live to 90, I don't like the prospect of not being around with them.

Irrational I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

I'm, statistically speaking, less than half way through my life so I might need a little longer before I can compile a list.

I recall once they had a 'This Is Your Life' TV programme that had Stephen Hendry on it when he was in his early 20's. I think I remember him saying 'But am oonlae twintie too' after they surprised him with the microphone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Eh my life is not even close to over yet, Stuff like this annoys me. This is why we have some 20 year old writing a book about their life....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

I have a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Only that I didn't retire earlier. I could have retired 5 years earlier but thought I would be bored. Far from it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

My life is full of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The Peanut wrote: »
    Irrational I know.

Not in the least bit irrational.

I'd a health scare when the kids were younger (I started a family in my early twenties) and although I was concerned for the news I was about to receive I was f*cking terrified that I wouldn't see my children grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

Letting me and my life be defined by other people for too long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

Oh, and not wearing scunscreen, but then Baz Luhrmann spoke to me, and I've never looked back

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

Eh my life is not even close to over yet, Stuff like this annoys me. This is why we have some 20 year old writing a book about their life....

What 20 year old is doing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Not taking a punt on BoI at 9 cent a share in September 2011.

Not in the least bit irrational.

I'd a health scare when the kids were younger (I started a family in my early twenties) and although I was concerned for the news I was about to receive I was f*cking terrified that I wouldn't see my children grow up.

That must have been awful for you. It's so natural to worry about them growing up without you around; I meant it was irrational for me to be worrying about something that is hopefully way off in my future.:)

Not taking a punt on BoI at 9 cent a share in September 2011.

At least you didn't buy them in Dec 2006!:(

College. :(

Did a degree that I never really enjoyed, struggled with it quite a bit and felt like a total idiot a lot of the time. It definitely exacerbated (perhaps even partly caused) personal problems that held me back a lot and still continue to hold me back (though thankfully not as much anymore). If I could go back in time I'd definitely have picked a different course in a different university.

Though of course there's no guarantee that my life would be better today even if I could have done that. Oh well..... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Should've gone to see Versailles live when I had the chance, didn't... they broke up :(

• Site Banned Posts: 16 sensible option

Never tried acid.

tried acid

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Steve_Carella

When I got let go years ago not going travelling/fecking off to for a few years!!

Instead worked for wicked low money to finish out my apprenticeship/look after the farm (the father had v.poor health at the time)
    Also hadn't the money/access to the money to go either

Sometimes I wonder is al
    Too old now :/

Why do you think you're too old? A couple of weeks ago I was at the funeral of a lady who had died at the age of 96. At the age of 88 she decided she wanted to travel. And she did. She got herself her first ever passport and travelled for years until her health caught up with her.

Saying you're too old sounds like a bit of a copout, tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Went to college, shouldn't have bothered me arse.

Advertisement