Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to ask a girl out.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Iron Man 2.0

How shy is she?

I thought a message on FB would break the ice but sadly no good. My friend who is dating her sister says she is quite shy and a face to face might be best next step. (I asked him when I got no response from her)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

I'm double your age OP, but I believe the done things amongst the kids these days would be to snapchat her a photo of your throbbing erect member.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

If she's shy then you have to be really direct.

"Hiya, I really really really want to shag you!"

You might have to drag her out of her shell kicking and screaming, but she'll thank you in the long run!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

I thought a message on FB would break the ice but sadly no good. My friend who is dating her sister says she is quite shy and a face to face might be best next step. (I asked him when I got no response from her)

If she can't even be bothered replying than maybe she wasn't all that anyway. Chin up buddy.

diograis wrote: »
    If she can't even be bothered replying than maybe she wasn't all that anyway. Chin up buddy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Okay, so not a great turn of events. I sent her a message yesterday, just a 'Hi ________, long time no chat, How have ya been? :)'.
    And she saw it and no reply :(....................Game over, ball burst.
    Hm, some people are just **** are replying unfortunately, it pisses me off no end but I know loads of people who will ignore any attempt to get in contact with them but are very friendly in person.

I wouldnt give up all hope just yet, but it does make it harder and more awkward

Hm, some people are just **** are replying unfortunately, it pisses me off no end but I know loads of people who will ignore any attempt to get in contact with them but are very friendly in person.

I wouldnt give up all hope just yet, but it does make it harder and more awkward

Awkward is the word id use. She may just not like speaking online, I'll assess the situation next time I see her in person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Is this your first boards account, or have you asked this sort of question before on another? You sound familiar.

Here's a GIF that offers practical and realistic advice when it comes to finding that special someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭j80ezgvc3p92xu

Tugboats wrote: »
    Set up a fake mugging and then you be there to save the day

Yes. Yes. A hundred times yes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Don't faddle about with texts and facebook and interweb cobblers.

Ask her to her face, when you are physically in the same area, using your voice and your mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

spurious wrote: »
    Don't faddle about with texts and facebook and interweb cobblers.

Ask her to her face, when you are physically in the same area, using your voice and your mouth.

Lob the gob??
    In that situation

I'm not gonna lie to ye alle. I don't think I can straight ask her out. She lives quite close to me and if she says no, things will be real awkward.

Yeah, awkward for HER!

You have to learn not to give a shít.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Give up your foolishness and ask her out, clowning around is all your at.

I haven't spoken to her in months. Just straight up and ask her out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I'm not gonna lie to ye alle. I don't think I can straight ask her out. She lives quite close to me and if she says no, things will be real awkward.

You've messaged her on Facebook and she completely ignored you. Things ain't getting any less awkward now, sunshine. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Yes of course, you have small problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Meh forget her and try someone else....she hasn't replied/given you any hint she likes you
    Move on....life's too short for that messing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 stickyfinger

Just send a message to her on Facebook and ask her to go for a coffee, get it out of your system and move on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Keep ignoring the advice that everyone posted. That'll work.

Ask her out or you'll end up a lonely bachelor.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'm not sure, if she's shy putting her on the spot out of the blue mightnt work out so well

Call around to the shop sometime soon first and have a quick chat then ask her out a few days later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 stickyfinger

If she's shy it'll be harder to ask her face to face, just send her the message on Facebook, easy as, if she doesn't reply who cares, she has already not replied once, and no one is that shy that they can't respond to a message online...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Time for the OP to head over to the hooker thread

Okay everyone, thanks for the replies. I'll let ye know in the coming days, how I get on. Iron Man 2.0 Out!

Bachelors aren't lonely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Don't believe everything you see on that documentary series, The Bachelor!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

From my experience, women are 100% likely to say no of you ask them out. And I'm clinically gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Wide Load

Next time you see her say Liam Neesons monologue from Taken word for word but replace all the bits about finding his daughter with going on a date.

Any woman I've ever asked out in a normal way (not in nightclubs) has said yes. And I'm only ok looking!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

catallus wrote: »
    Any woman I've ever asked out in a normal way (not in nightclubs) has said yes. And I'm only ok looking!

I guess the question is... Were they ok looking?

:p

Advertisement