Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to ask a girl out.

Options
  • 10-03-2015 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi

Okay, there's a girl I know who I have fancied for a log time. I am 21 and she is 20 ad we know each other since primary school. Now when I say know each other, I mean know off each other more so than actually know each other well. We used to get on well when we were younger but as we got older we went our separate ways.

She is kind of shy which is why I am nervous about asking her out. I worry if I do it the wrong way she might say no.

Any advice?

Thanks

Comments

Just be asking her. If not maybe another will and how will you feel? Better to try and fail than not try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

My advice.

Invent a time machine and don't ask this question in after hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Buy her lubricant and handcuffs in without a specific context.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Iron Man 2.0

My advice.

Invent a time machine and don't ask this question in after hours.

Theres no place else lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Ask her out. What's the worst she will say? No? If she says no, at least you can move on and focus your attention on somebody else. And as the saying goes, if you're not in, you can't win ;)

• Advertisement

BDJW wrote: »
    Ask her out. What's the worst she will say? No? If she says no, at least you can move on and focus your attention on somebody else. And as the saying goes, if you're not in, you can't win ;)

Just out of the blue? I need a plan lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

I'm a bit older than ye and maybe things have changed but would you wait until you meet her on a night out and chat her then? Not when you bananas drunk btw.
    The new way might be to Facebook her or whatever but that's just weird if you ask me! At least in a pub, if you not gettin the right kind of vibes, you can go on about your business without being embarrassed.
    Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

OP if you're nervous and the girl is shy, that's a recipe for disaster.

Just ask her out and don't make a big song and dance about it. She might say no, and then again she might ravish you! :eek:

Seriously though, don't build it up to be something it isn't, it's asking a girl out, not asking her to lend you a kidney or anything :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Hi

Okay, there's a girl I know who I have fancied for a log time. I am 21 and she is 20 ad we know each other since primary school. Now when I say know each other, I mean know of each other more so than actually know each other well. We used to get on well when we were younger but as we got older we went our separate ways.

She is kind of shy which is why I am nervous about asking her out. I worry if I do it the wrong way she might say no.

Any advice?

Thanks

She might say no even if you do it the absolutely perfect way. But at least then you'll know. Just do it. If she's not interested, no big deal. There's 3.5 billion women in the world. It'll only be weird if you make it weird. Ask her, and if she's not interested, shrug you shoulders and say something along the lines of "ah well, can't blame me for trying, you're gorgeous, anyway, ... (and then chat away as normal)".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Chat, smile at her, ask her pleasantly and without too much pressure.

"The new Bond film is on at the Plaza this weekend, would you like to see it with me? And maybe we could have a drink afterwards. Unless you are busy, of course."

Anything along those lines.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Do you ever see her in person, or do you have her on facebook or the like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Forget about any potential embarrassment if she says no!
    Think positive: if she says yes, woo hoo!!!
    If she says no, she should be flattered you asked (and if she's not, she's a wagon not worth caring about)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

For the love of god......

Are you serious op?

Just ask her, its not like you're in the friendship zone.

Hey, what's the worst that can happen?

GL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Send her a pic of an open door on snapchat and ask deos she want to go out!!

*i wouldn't take advice on this off me

Thank you all for the great replies.

I have't asked a girl out before and the only experience I have is American sitcoms lol Is there anyway to make sure it is a date and not a friendly get together yano?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

katemarch wrote: »

"The new Bond film is on at the Plaza this weekend, would you like to see it with me? And maybe we could have a drink afterwards. Unless you are busy, of course."

By the way I like my pussy shaven, not furred.

Do you ever see her in person, or do you have her on facebook or the like?

Well she works in a shop nearby and I am friends with her on facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭3qsmavrod5twfe

Send her a pic of an open door on snapchat and ask deos she want to go out!!

Penis pic ftw. No one has ever done that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭spud82

Aww my best friend is a guy and I LOVE stories like this. Just be honest and direct. Ask her to the cinema and maybe a drink afterwards and than ye can chat too, and you'll get a sense when ye're chatting if she feels the same. Good luck x

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Thank you all for the great replies.

I have't asked a girl out before and the only experience I have is American sitcoms lol Is there anyway to make sure it is a date and ot a friendly get together yano?

Set up a fake mugging and then you be there to save the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

what happened to the last guy that asked this question? His long time neighbour or friend or something

did he ever give us an update?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

BDJW wrote: »

I hate when people say this lol there is a lot to lose you can make a friendship permanently awkward forever if you ask somebody out and they say no:pac:

what happened to the last guy that asked this question? His long time neighbour or friend or something

did he ever give us an update?

Too busy !!!!
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Ask her would she like to be Iron Woman 2.0.

If she say yes tell her how happy you are..

Cos you've a pile of clothes building up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

When I was 23 I reconnected with someone I knew as a teenager but had never been close to. We ended up really hitting it off and now we're getting married next month :)

So run!

Kidding, definitely do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

I want to believe this is real. I do want to....

Penis pic ftw. No one has ever done that before.

Expect when people reply what is it/too small to see. :(:(

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Ask her would she like to be Iron Woman 2.0.

If she say yes tell her how happy you are..
    Love it :D
    I want to believe this is real. I do want to....

The situation? lol

My friend is going out with her sister, so I wonder if that could help?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

No witnesses

Chloroform, rags.

You're good to go.

Advertisement