Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ecstasy and Ketamine are currently legal

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Lad who works for Fm 104 is taking ecstasy live tonight.

Idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

yipeeeee wrote: »

Godspeed young man, godspeed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

And the poor ole humble-weed is Illegal, I may as well try crystal meth tomorrow so seeing that its legal for 48 hours :) get that into ye Cincinnati.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

conorh91 wrote: »
    Ah so not only do you want drugs legalized, you want drugs to be kept cheap too?

This is all fairly off-topic, but they're currently priced according to risk, so they're not cheap (relative to what it would cost to legally manufacture them).

The prices could be left at "street prices" and still be an absolutely enormous take for the exchequer, at the expense of criminal gangs the money currently goes to.
    Tobacco consumption is estimated to cost Ireland €3.5 billion per annum, €500 million of which is direct costs to the HSE. Taxation from tobacco doesn't pay for the economic costs of smoking, even at the present high rate of taxation.

I'm not supportive of tobacco, I just pointed out using the garlic man as an example that a huge% tax on anything at all will cause some scale of black market.

I'd be in favour of using something like David Nutt's researched scale of harm for legislation/regulation. You know, one that is backed up by research and science into actual harm and affects.. but I won't hold my breath.
    Methadone is sold in areas of Dublin city centre by individuals on takeaway treatment programs. Its effects mirror those of street-heroin, being lower in magnitude but longer lasting.

I know exactly what it is, which is why your reference doesn't make sense. They're addicted to heroin, that's why there is a black market in the weaker methadone. They can't go back to their chemist and demand more methadone (or heroin, obviously) can they?
    Neither are sold recreationally at all. It's an invalid comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

horse tranquillisers are now legal to imbibe in this state , whilst mild forms of weed are illegal - shows how out of touch the judiciary (the people who rule this ****ing state) are . The devastation of addiction is only encountered across the safe halls of a courthouse , but certainly not in there Ballsbridge neighbourhood.
    Sometimes the law really is an ass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

One of my personal favourites

Look at the happiness on that face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Ketamine is primarily used to sedate humans in a medical setting for the relief of pain. It's a sedative. The labeling of it as solely a "horse tranquiliser" is very misleading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Idiot.
    yep, definitely an idiot, everyone knows Tuesday is a rubbish night for clubbing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Macavity. wrote: »
    Ketamine is primarily used to sedate humans in a medical setting for the relief of pain. It's a sedative. The labeling of it as solely a "horse tranquiliser" is very misleading.

It's primarily used to make humans think the table in the room is far too bendy than it should be, and that they should probably not stand on the table as it's too bendy, and they'll probably end up bendy, if they stand on the table that is bendy, but they still want to stand on the table because they're feeling bendy, and standing on it might make both them and the table less bendy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Probably best to avoid town tonight. I'd say every scummer out there is off their face taunting the gards.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Gotta love how the foreign media are reporting on this.
    'Ireland accidentally legalizes Ketamine and Crystal Meth'

http://uk.businessinsider.com/ireland-accidentally-legalised-ecstasy-ketamine-and-crystal-meth-2015-3?r=US
    Ecstasy, ketamine, and crystal meth are legal in Ireland for one day only

http://www.vox.com/2015/3/10/8183809/ireland-ecstasy-mushrooms-meth

lmao. Vox make it sound like some sort of druggy equivalent of The Purge

I'm not even mad. This shit is hilarious...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Crystal Meth wasn't/isn't affected in the slightest.

Where do they get this stuff from?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Wide Load

If anyone has a spare wall they could lend it would be appreciated. I'm after chewing though mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

Cost to the health sector over the next 48 hours will be insane. Can't imagine what emergency departments are going to look like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Cost to the health sector over the next 48 hours will be insane. Can't imagine what emergency departments are going to look like.

I don't think it's going to be huge tbh. Maybe if it were the weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Gotta love how the foreign media are reporting on this.

in fairness, most sane countries start by legalising softer drugs , but not us - we are legislated by bafoons up in the High courts , who have no idea about getting high, addiction , drug culture good or bad - just a knowledge of good brandy legal loopholes whilst legislating over our banana Republic, with a tidy stipend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

So what was unconstitutional about the law anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

iDave wrote: »
    Probably best to avoid town tonight. I'd say every scummer out there is off their face taunting the gards.

I highly doubt that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

bjork wrote: »

Song name? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Don't see anyone going out and doing drugs that wasn't so inclined anyway just because it's legal to be fair. Worst case scenario some punter does mushrooms and has a row with his goldfish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

So what was unconstitutional about the law anyway?

I think the "illegality" is the fact that new drugs were just added to the list by ministers rather than voted on. Seems like a spurious argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

If there is some massive spike in drug related injuries, this will be harped on about for ages by the anti-legalisation cronies.

"Don't legalise marijuana, sure look at what happened to the poor kids when they made ecstacy legal and they all got in that bus and then drove it to Cavan for a rave! And young Mary's lad went and ate a handful of radox or bath salts or something and he was found four days later, knee deep in Bovril in Birr!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Going by some posters naivete, you would swear the drug culture only came into existence this morning. No the A+E won't be clogged up, natural selection won't take place, but you can be damn sure this inadvertent move of competency will be reversed to continue wasting money fighting the war on stoners and recreational drug users :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

brianblaze wrote: »
    ............ And young Mary's lad went and ate a handful of radox or bath salts or something and he was found four days later, knee deep in Bovril in Birr!!!"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bb/Bovril_poster_c1900.jpg/396px-Bovril_poster_c1900.jpg

Advertisement