Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ecstasy and Ketamine are currently legal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

5starpool wrote: »
    Some of the responses in this thread are ridiculous, well most of them actually.

If there is a need to pass emerency legislation to stop the sale of these drugs then it should be done as quick as possible, which it is being.

By the sounds of people here most of you would be happy to see every convicted drug dealer in our jails go free.

That's more or less my position, yes. Unless they have also been convicted of violent crimes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_wJtnVUIAAvYn6.jpg

A pic for the weekend coming up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭beertons

They couldn't have done this at the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

I love this country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Going to get fecking wacked off a few horse tranquilzers tonight. GOD BLESS THIS DAY.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

CruelCoin wrote: »
    This is great stuff altogether. All the imbeciles will kill themselves.

I'm all for this period actually. Let darwin work with free hands for a few days.

I know people that have been taking drugs for the best part of their whole lives and are still alive.I cant see how a couple of days of drugs being "legal" will cause a surge in the number of people dying from them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

That's more or less my position, yes. Unless they have also been convicted of violent crimes.

So you have no problem with some one who imports tons of heroin or meth and makes millions of the suffering for fellow humans ? As long as he is an alright guy that is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

<snip> this is not the place to advertise </snip>

EDIT: forgot to say I was joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

mynamejeff wrote: »
    So you have no problem with some one who imports tons of heroin or meth and makes millions of the suffering for fellow humans ? As long as he is an alright guy that is

Lots of the misery caused by drugs illegality. Costs the state in terms of enforcement, incarceration, treatment and drug related crimes. Not sure about making all drugs legal, for one thing most of the new virtual untested chems would not be of interest to most people if they had access to some of the safer drugs. Governments are starting to do a u-turn with regards to LSD and MDMA and recognizing their potential for treatment for things like depression. Funny thing is they were used for just that before they were made illegal.
    United State, a country known for it's staunch position on the war on drugs, was historically strongly opposed even to the potential medical benefits of medicinal marijuana, now several state have legalised, for just that.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Redmen Rafalution

CruelCoin wrote: »
    This is great stuff altogether. All the imbeciles will kill themselves.

I'm all for this period actually. Let darwin work with free hands for a few days.

If you genuinely think a few hours of these drugs being legal will lead to all the 'imbeciles killing themselves', then you are closer to a Darwin award than they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

mynamejeff wrote: »

It wouldn't be worth millions if it was legal

benefits of medicinal marijuana, now several state have legalised, for just that.

Washington and Colorado have legalized weed, for fun too. Legal for everybody above legal age. You don't have to pretend to be depressed or ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

househero wrote: »
    The illicit trade in cigarettes is worth hundreds of millions of euro in Ireland, even though cigarettes are legally available.

househero wrote: »
    The illicit trade in cigarettes is worth hundreds of millions of euro in Ireland, even though cigarettes are legal.

You can walk down by Busáras and purchase methadone or heroin, even though methadone is supplied legally by the health services, funded by taxpayers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

Only losers take drugs anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

conorh91 wrote: »
    The illicit trade in cigarettes is worth hundreds of millions of euro in Ireland, even though cigarettes are legally available.

A 500% tax will do that to anything. Look at garlic man.
    You can walk down by Busáras and purchase methadone or heroin, even though methadone is supplied legally by the health services, funded by taxpayers.

:confused:
    Methadone is supplied for addiction treatment. Methadone ≠ heroin.

I wonder how the illegal marijuana trade is getting on in Colorado? And how are the bootleggers getting on these days with moonshine whiskey?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Dont call me Shirley

Our leeching lawyers are gonna make a fortune outta this. :eek:

Funny how the Trioka demanded we bring in water charges and reform our legal system.

Yet we're only hearing about water charges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

sorry... I apparently just can't help myself.

nm wrote: »
    A 500% tax will do that
    Ah so not only do you want drugs legalized, you want drugs to be kept cheap too?

Tobacco consumption is estimated to cost Ireland €3.5 billion per annum, €500 million of which is direct costs to the HSE. Taxation from tobacco doesn't pay for the economic costs of smoking, even at the present high rate of taxation.
    Methadone is supplied for addiction treatment. Methadone ≠ heroin.
    Methadone is sold in areas of Dublin city centre by individuals on takeaway treatment programs. Its effects mirror those of street-heroin, being lower in magnitude but longer lasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Eezer good, Eezer good, he's Ebeneezer good ....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

the netherlands gives addicts heroin instead of methadone. it has been a roaring success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭Hooked

6C6E6EFB-7224-4976-A857-C3D0F7067D2F_zpsukmhugft.jpg

The illicit trade in cigarettes is worth hundreds of millions of euro in Ireland, even though cigarettes are legal.

If they were illegal, they would be worth billions. What's your point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,576 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Advertisement