Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Day 2 - Wednesday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Champagne fever out of the CC (self cert)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

kfallon wrote: »
    You do realise you have 2 in the same race?
    Yeah.... :p:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

champagne fever non runner?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Panrich

1.30 Nichols Canyon. Irish novice hurdlers look well ahead and this horse has won the best trial.
    2.40 Goodwood Mirage. Booking of AP looks significant and Jonjo is a rogue too. This will have been laid out and had very good flat form over longer distances.
    3.20 Sprinter Sacre. 4/1 is a fair bet that he will still retain enough ability to beat this lot.
    4.40 Baron Alco. This horse finished ahead of the top weight last time out at levels yet gets in here at the bottom. Better ground should suit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

dcrosskid wrote: »
    Where did you see Don Poli enhanced? Can't see it anywhere online.
    duchalla wrote: »
    maybe this ^^

went in to my online account to bet on Don Poli @7/4. Power play plus enchanced odds of 5/2 on the docket. max bet of €25.

Everyone's enhanced is different. They've given me Nichols Canyon at 6/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Don Poli won on good ground over 2m4f last year can't say he hasn't got speed

I didn't but he essentially wants longer that's why the connections were thinking of entering him into the 4 miler yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

champagne fever non runner?

Says NR on RP but they still have a price.

Jaysus that's some drama if he is out.

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Says NR on RP but they still have a price.

Jaysus that's some drama if he is out.

injured in transport apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Champagne Fever is a non runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Did a €1 E/W accum on these

Bordini @ 6/1
    Hostile Fire @ 10/1
    Any Currency @ 6/1
    Sprinter Sacre @ 4/1
    Tagliatelle @ 14/1
    Don Poli @ 13/8

Works out pretty tasty if it comes in. Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Think the irish will win the neptune. Had intended backing Windsor Park not sure now Mullins flying weld record would not fill one with confidence.

Don Poli my Nap and think Del Arca is over priced at 25s.

Backed SS after his comeback and might top up with corals in the morning who are going 9/2 from half eight max stake 20 pound.

Have Au Quart de Tour backed AP for the bumper but given he has doubled in price he must have lost a leg!

Might back Duke of Lucca for 2 pts win price dependant.

Have gone with Windsor Park 2 pts at 5 with sky bet. Money back if 2nd or 3rd

May back Barizian on the exchange for .5pt just in case
    Don Poli 5 pt win at 2/1
    Del Arca 2pt ew 25/1
    Duke of Lucca 1 pt win at 6s
    SS 2 pts AP at 3s and Coral special today at 9/2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Not great with horses but like the look of Tagliatelle at 16/1 in the 2.40

Coral are paying 6 places.

Any opinions from anyone in the know?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

Champagne fever out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Did a €1 E/W accum on these

Bordini @ 6/1
    Hostile Fire @ 10/1
    Any Currency @ 6/1
    Sprinter Sacre @ 4/1
    Tagliatelle @ 14/1
    Don Poli @ 13/8

Works out pretty tasty if it comes in. Fingers crossed!

I was supposed to have Outlander in that too but PP were giving me enhanced odd of 11/2 on it so they wouldn't put it into the accumulator. Bastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Said on radio last night that champagne's travelling buddy took a bite of his nose on the way over but they said it was only a scrap and he would be fine for today, disappointed as i think he would have run a huge race today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Boyles cut Champagne Fever from 5/1 to 5/2 (after he was declared a nr) and still in their betting.
    I'd say there will be uproar if they try apply a r4 using the 5/2

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Put CF in a lucky 15 on Sunday afternoon with PP. Would that have been taken as an antipost bet or NRNB?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Trouble in P

MUFC91CS wrote: »
    Put CF in a lucky 15 on Sunday afternoon with PP. Would that have been taken as an antipost bet or NRNB?

Thanks.

It will be nrnb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭robo

Put all of my best on last night, picked some outsides as I think after the favourites took the spoils yesterday, today could be an upset for the faves

All EW bets
    1.30 Beast Of Burden - 12/1
    2:05 Southfield Theatre - 7/1
    2:40 Taglietelle - 16/1
    3:20 Dodging Bullets - 11/2
    4:00 Master Rajeem - 50/1
    4:40 Thunder Zone - 20/1
    5:15 Stone Hard - 16/1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

robo wrote: »
    Put all of my best on last night, picked some outsides as I think after the favourites took the spoils yesterday, today could be an upset for the faves

All EW bets
    1.30 Beast Of Burden - 12/1
    2:05 Southfield Theatre - 7/1
    2:40 Taglietelle - 16/1
    3:20 Dodging Bullets - 11/2
    4:00 Master Rajeem - 50/1
    4:40 Thunder Zone - 20/1
    5:15 Stone Hard - 16/1

I'm going to copy these bets because we have the same avatar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Pylonthepressure NR 5:15 too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Boyles cut Champagne Fever from 5/1 to 5/2 (after he was declared a nr) and still in their betting.
    I'd say there will be uproar if they try apply a r4 using the 5/2

He's listed at 5/1 NR in their betting for it at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

tobsey wrote: »
    Pylonthepressure NR 5:15 too

Hardly CF travelling buddy who may have gotten a nibble or a slap from CF ?

1.30 outlander
    2.05 nicholas canyon
    3.20 sire de grugy
    4.00 charingworth
    4.40 unamite
    5.15 Vigil (antepost at 12/1)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

few small accumulators, pure amateur. so these are small. jsut for ufun

Don Poli/Sire de Grugy Double

followed rossom for the msot part for one, windsor park, young master, baradara, hostile fire, moon racer in a canadian

and what was left in the account on another accumulator, Nichols Canyon, young master, Aux ptits soin, Sire de grugy, Moon racer

just to make the races interesting. all will be dead by race 3 no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

is pyleontheprsseure out? yes

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭maximus15

El Guapo! wrote: »
    I was supposed to have Outlander in that too but PP were giving me enhanced odd of 11/2 on it so they wouldn't put it into the accumulator. Bastards!

still can put it into accumulator. just go to dropdown box where it says 11/2 and click arrow to change it to original odds so it can be included then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Outsider of the day for me is Ghost River in the bumper, ground might be a bit too good for him but he's 50/1 places and well worth an e/w at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    is pyleontheprsseure out? yes

feck, what happens to my lucky 15 and acca with him in it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Some of below are AP prices.

Neptune: Nichols Canyon 6/1 - a very underrated horse, a bit like UDS and Faugheen I can see himself and Ruby up with pace. I know he's fallen but his jumping is low and accurate and I think it'll be an asset today. Not too worried about the ground given it's still a bit dead, wouldn't trust Outlander in a battle whereas I can see NC putting his head down all the way to the line. Can't be having The Parlour Games/ Vyta Du Roc form at all with Blacklion letting it down since and outside I like and have backed ew is Beast of Burden at 14/1. He may require further but he's been very impressive so far and what caught my eye was when Townend was quizzed in RP last week about the Mullins monsters he mentioned being keen for Willie to hopefully free him up for the BOB ride even though Mullins had a host in race at the time.

RSA: Don Poli 2/1 - Kings Palace has beat little and will fall into a hole at bottom of hill. Place lay. Between DP and TYM but having won over 2m4 over hurdles last year I'd expect him to just prove that bit classier.

Coral Cup: Un Atout ew 14/1 - is clearly classy and the vibes have been good. Nice weight, trip, ground and return should see him feature with 5 places available ew.

Queen Mother: Sprinter Sacre 3/1 (in double with Faugheen) - not as confident as I was to be honest having been mightily impressed with SDG at Chepstow and not a fan previously. Goes without saying though that SS is the best horse in the race and with ground more suitable, more match practice if he's ever going to win another QM it'll be today. I'm confident he'll travel though the race lest and hopeful he'll finish best.

Cross County: Duke of Lucca 7/1 & Toutancarmont 7/1 ew - followed Aidan on the former and the French horse is 10/14 in Criss Country races and not sure this is the strongest.

Bumper: Moon Racer 12/1 & Jetstream Jack 20/1 - Can't be having the Mullins horses in this, if they don't know their best how can we? Like the Pipe horse - he beat the impressive Tycoon Prince in irleand before being sold to Pipe when he then hacked up at Cheltenham. Elliott has had a very strong hand in bumpers this year and seems to favour JJ over General Principle so worth a small bet at price.

Advertisement