Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Day 2 - Wednesday

Options
  • 10-03-2015 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭

People weren't able to keep the Day 1 chatter out of the general thread, so I've locked that and will be opening separate threads for each of the other 3 days

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Ceneygree out of the rsa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

battser wrote: »
    Ceneygree out of the rsa

Antepost down the tubes :(:mad:

And i'll compound it now by backing him for the GC, like a muppet

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Young Master
    Calipto
    Mr Mole
    Bouvreuil
    Vigil

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Miall108

What are we thinking of Sprinter Sacre tomorrow? I wonder will the current odds lengthen or shorten tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 33 JAORTA

Miall108 wrote: »
    What are we thinking of Sprinter Sacre tomorrow? I wonder will the current odds lengthen or shorten tomorrow

seems to be drifting already,wouldnt surprise me if it finished 4/1 or better.the bookies are very keen to lay it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭kalinisi

Nichols Canyon
    Wounded Warrior
    Champagne Fever / special tiara
    Toutancarmont

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kavanaghhh

Anyone think champagne fever will win?.. 5/1 odds should have a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

The like the look of The Young Master and Sire de Grugy tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ogruairi

Kavanaghhh wrote: »
    Anyone think champagne fever will win?.. 5/1 odds should have a chance

Ya fancy him myself. Sire De Grugy is having a fine time at the moment but don't rate Sprinter Sacre too highly - although I wouldn't be surprised if he was in the mix.

Probably go with Champagne Fever with Ladbrokes because its money back as a free bet is Sprinter Sacre comes 1st or 2nd up to €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Antepost down the tubes :(:mad:

And i'll compound it now by backing him for the GC, like a muppet

Will be doing the same but I feel he has a great chance in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

I have Abre De Vie in a lucky 15 in the coral Cup tomorrow.
    Don't think it's running so will my bet become a trixie?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭corny

With the defection of Coneygree 3/1 Don Poli with Bet Victor is huge surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

ogruairi wrote: »
    Ya fancy him myself. Sire De Grugy is having a fine time at the moment but don't rate Sprinter Sacre too highly - although I wouldn't be surprised if he was in the mix.

Probably go with Champagne Fever with Ladbrokes because its money back as a free bet is Sprinter Sacre comes 1st or 2nd up to €25.

Same offer with Paddy Power at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭deadybai

Moon racer was 25/1 and now 8/1 at 5.15. Going with him surely he will win after a good day today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Sacre the lay of t he entire meeting
    Be interesting to see what price it goes off
    Big drifter I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Can't decide between Outlander or Parlour Games in the 1st Race. Not convinced by Nicolas Canyon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Beast of Burden day tomorrow! Considered laying it off for a profit but feck it ill let it ride, Curtis winning the last race today is some sort of encouragement.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭corny

Gonna take a chance on Up for Review at 33/1 in the bumper.

Decisively beaten last time out but that was in a muddling two runner race on soft ground. Hopefully might be better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Vyta Du Roc 8/1
    Kings Palace 4/1
    Sire Du Grugy 7/2 in Ladbrokes!
    Duke of Lucca 6/1

These are my fancies tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

What price do ye think that Nicholas Canyon be in the morning. Will I back now or wait?

• Advertisement

toodleytoo wrote: »
    Same offer with Paddy Power at the moment!

PP's is slightly different as its money back if your horse is second to SS. Prefer Ladbrokes myself as the horse I bet on could end up being a donkey but assuming SS runs a good race I've a nice chance of a free bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

DylanAFC wrote: »
    What price do ye think that Nicholas Canyon be in the morning. Will I back now or wait?

Probably hit 9/2 at some stage, doubt he will go to far out considering the Mullins brigade are weighed down with cash after today.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Miall108

Sprinter is a real unknown quantity tomorrow. Lost a fair bit of money today on the likes of Annie Power and The New One.

On one hand I dont want to back against Sprinter on account that he has the potential to blow them all away should he turn up and on the other hand Im afraid his health problems like the bleeding, lack of sharpness etc may catch up on him. Its a real puzzler

I'll decide about Champagne Fever in the morning but as it stands tomorrow's bets are looking like

2pt Win: Sire De Grugy (15:20)
    0.5pt EW : Windsor Park (13:30)
    0.5pt Win: Don Poli (14:05)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

1.30 Beast of Burden
    14.05 Don Poli
    14.40 Actival
    15.20 Dodging Bullets
    17:15 General Principle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Took it handy enough today because tomorrow was always going to be my "money" day.

Don Poli

Sire De Grugy

That's my lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Niallers87

What are peoples opinions on the first race tomorrow, considering nichols canyon beat windsor park the last day out. My thinking with culloty being a shrewd operator would have been aiming Windsor park for this race and they maybe able to turn the tables on them tomorrow. But with the way mullins horses are running, it could be dangerous to write him off? With townend having a winner for rebecca curtis today i cant seem to write beast of burden out either. and thats only 3 horses in the race :)

Opinions please!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

Niallers87 wrote: »
    What are peoples opinions on the first race tomorrow, considering nichols canyon beat windsor park the last day out. My thinking with culloty being a shrewd operator would have been aiming Windsor park for this race and they maybe able to turn the tables on them tomorrow. But with the way mullins horses are running, it could be dangerous to write him off? With townend having a winner for rebecca curtis today i cant seem to write beast of burden out either. and thats only 3 horses in the race :)

Opinions please!?!

By Culloty you mean Weld?

Personally think Nicolas Canyon may be better over slightly shorter. Am torn between Outlander and Windsor Park with slight preference for Winsor Park, nothing will be staying better than him up the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Think the irish will win the neptune. Had intended backing Windsor Park not sure now Mullins flying weld record would not fill one with confidence.

Don Poli my Nap and think Del Arca is over priced at 25s.

Backed SS after his comeback and might top up with corals in the morning who are going 9/2 from half eight max stake 20 pound.

Have Au Quart de Tour backed AP for the bumper but given he has doubled in price he must have lost a leg!

Might back Duke of Lucca for 2 pts win price dependant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Niallers87

By Culloty you mean Weld?

Personally think Nicolas Canyon may be better over slightly shorter. Am torn between Outlander and Windsor Park with slight preference for Winsor Park, nothing will be staying better than him up the hill.

My apologies, i meant to say Weld whom i would actually consider a shrewd operator also!!, thanks for you input though, will you wait until morning to back?

I guess my theory would be if the money comes form nichols canyon in the morning we may see a drift on windsor park which may make him a more e/w price though i dont think much will seperate them.

Advertisement