Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Day 2 - Wednesday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭robo

robo wrote: »
    Put all of my best on last night, picked some outsides as I think after the favourites took the spoils yesterday, today could be an upset for the faves

All EW bets
    1.30 Beast Of Burden - 12/1
    2:05 Southfield Theatre - 7/1
    2:40 Taglietelle - 16/1
    3:20 Dodging Bullets - 11/2
    4:00 Master Rajeem - 50/1
    4:40 Thunder Zone - 20/1
    5:15 Stone Hard - 16/1
    So far I am up for the day - 2 places & 1 win, plus I had a PP enhanced bet on Un De Sceaux, Dodging Bullets & Faugheen.
    My next 3 horses are outsiders and if I can get a place on any of them...happy days!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

hoping for Hostile Fire , Bordini or Bellshill to save the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Tenner on Sire collonges.
    Let's see how that plays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Going to try my luck again and do Don Poli, Dodging Bullets and Nichols Canyon treble

5 returns 400

Wasn't far off in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Lick the wounds with Special Code in Southwell :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

That_Guy wrote: »
    Think I'll cut my losses and save a few squids for tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of the racing folks.

Following suit yesterday was a once off Tuesday anyways are the best day of the fest

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Said a few weeks back Somersby was the value in the race, ran an absolute cracker would of loved to see him win, always the bridesmaid in some big races.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

With the Manchester United team at Cheltenham, I guess some see a similarity between Sprinter Sacre and Falcao's form at the moment.
    Once two of the greats in terms of what they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭theenergy

Shuda done an ew accum!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Hands up. Never in a month of Sundays could have predicted that. With Somersby so close you'd have to think it was a poor renewal. Sad to see SS & SDG so poor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Have to say nicholls is a much better trainer than Henderson in my opinion .
    How many times year after year has nichols improved horses and kept them at that level.
    When I think of hendersons horses they only seem to last a year or 2 and then there bottomed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Hands up. Never in a month of Sundays could have predicted that. With Somersby so close you'd have to think it was a poor renewal. Sad to see SS & SDG so poor

Fully agree. UDS a cetainty if gets there in 1 piece next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Only bet of the day today going on Sire Collonges...still sick from Annie's fall yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Anyone know what the story is with Hacketts for a non runner?

Do I get a refund or does it go onto the favourite?

Had Champagne Fever backed in the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Sad to see SS run like that, I'd say that's the last time he will be seen on a racecourse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Ah sire de grugy letting me down. An acc scuppered by annie power yesterday and a treble today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

I feel a bit stupid backing Sprinter Sacre there. Swore after Big Bucks last year not to make the same mistake. Was just hoping he could return to the way he was.

I feel a bit stupid backing Sprinter Sacre there. Swore after Big Bucks last year not to make the same mistake. Was just hoping he could return to the way he was.

Thats two of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

AdpRo wrote: »
    Sad to see SS run like that, I'd say that's the last time he will be seen on a racecourse.

I'd say so. Goes to show that after an injury they rarely return.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Ben1994

I feel sick..

• Advertisement

I'd say so. Goes to show that after an injury they rarely return.

Never. They NEVER come back the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

Ben1994 wrote: »
    I feel sick..

Call a doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

Bookies must be happy after that one. First two favourites SS and Sire de grugy not even placed.

McCoy at his last festival is finding nothing so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Have to say nicholls is a much better trainer than Henderson in my opinion .
    How many times year after year has nichols improved horses and kept them at that level.
    When I think of hendersons horses they only seem to last a year or 2 and then there bottomed out.

To be fair though Sprinter Sacre has had major injury problems and even today Geraghty had to pull him up and said afterwards that the horse may need veterinary attention. Career could well be over now which is a shame considering how brilliant he was. Price was based on what he had previously done and was clearly no reflection on his current wellbeing. Ruby called it correctly beforehand when he said Sprinter Sacre is finished and should not be favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Hope McCoy gets a win today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Hard not to be happy for DB, a horse that has matured and stepped up big time this season. Hopefully Don Cossack, in his comparable story, can sign off this season tomorrow in the same manner.

Had SDG myself, tbh I don't think it was a case of coming too quick after Chepstow, the horse just seemed to have an off day. Just didn't have the same zip or purpose in his jumping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Cross country is always an enjoyable race, tenner on Charingworth for a bit of craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DamienOB

What people got in the next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Sire Collonges in this for my last accum tempted to cash out day I've had lol :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Single on Duke of Lucca

Have Sire in a Patent

Advertisement