Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2015 - Day 1 Tuesday 10/03/2015 *MOD WARNING IN OP AND POST #293*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Trouble in P

I'd be very surprised if they let you accum the big 4 horses while their prices were enhanced

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭Justin10

Am I blind but I can't see the enhanced odds?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

I'd be very surprised if they let you accum the big 4 horses while their prices were enhanced

They did, Had a tenner at those odds.

Doubled Annie and Faugheen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Just logged on to do it and its gone. Ah well they might drift later anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

I did singles and also they let me put three of the enhanced prices in a treble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Some of the below are AP prices.

Supreme: Tell Us More 20/1 - bit worried about how he'll handle the hill (and a battle) but given how well he travelled and how brilliantly he jumped at Naas I think he's overpriced if given an agressive ride from the front.

Arkle: Un De Sceaux - the beast will win by 6+ but is one for the multiples at this stage. Two others I've backed ew for small money are Sgt Reckless 25/1 and Smashing 33/1. I think Vibrato is vulnerable to the hill, Josses will be left in a heap having tried to keep pace and while Clarcam and Gods Own are respected, Sgt Reckless and Smashing both showed at festival last year that they stay up the hill well and I expect them to be finishing relatively strongly compared to some of the others.

Champion: TNO is a ew bet to nothing but Faugheen will win comfortably. It's not just the fact I think he's the best horse in the race but also the fact he's going to get things his own way. There's a real lack of pace in the race so I expect Faugheen to go off in front and not see another rival. Ruby will dictate the pace, slow it up before kicking early. When he does that, not only will he be on the fastest horse in the race but also the best stayer. I honestly expect Faugheen to win in the style of Make A Stand, to be jumping the last in splendid isolation. Like UDS, another for the distance specials.

Mares: Annie Power will win comfortably but Glens Melody at anything over 2/1 W/O fav looks value. She was going to go close at least to beating the progressive Kitten Rock two runs back before bowing out, she gave the great Quevega a scare last year and she's as good as ever this season. She'd be a standout fav it is wasn't for her stablemate superstar.

Four Miler: The Job Is Right 10/1 - been keeping good company throughout season but this has clearly always been the aim. Better ground, longer trip should bring out further improvement while booking of Derek O'Connor is obviously a massive positive. Couldn't be having Very Wood with Nina onboard if you remember Tofino Bay and the likes in last few years.

Novice Handicap Chase: Keltus 16/1 (AP) - a bit like Smashing and Sgt Reckless, Keltus was a real eye-cathcher at last years festival and Nicholls has campaigned him quietly. Recently put him up with 4 gr1 animals when asked for 5 festival horses to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Am I blind but I can't see the enhanced odds?

Enhanced prices are long gone. I was waiting outside my local Laddies at 09.00 and got €100 on Annie Power @ Evens immediately. I then walked about 5 mins to the next shop (I had 5 on my planned route, would have taken about half an hour) and the price was gone. Can't have lasted more than 7 or 8 minutes - not too surprising I suppose!

BTW, my local PP was still not open @ 09.45. Presumably, they should have been open @ 09.00. Manager picked a bad day for a lie-in!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

bit of e/w value

€2 Lucky 31 e/w

1:30 Seedling 16/1
    2:40 Ned Stark 8/1
    4:00 Bit of a puzzle 20/1
    4:40 Vivaldi colognes 16/1
    5:15 Generous ransom 8/1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

God's Own, from an each way point of view, seems a tad bit over priced at 40-1 (Arkle). I know it is silly, but I don't trust Mullins' Chasers

Going to try The New One for the Champions Hurdle, solely on the basis of last year. Not a fan of STD (tee hee), each way however

Supreme, its a toss up between Jolly Ann (no shame in the last race) and Geraghty's horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Like a good few people I've Douvan, UDS and Faugheen at decent AP prices so going with the below for today:

1:30 Shaneshill w/o Douvan. Think he's a bit of a forgotten horse and with good festival form I think he can go close. His close 2nd to No More Heroes at Navan will turn into good form I think come Friday. I think Tell Us More will bounce back somewhat but just favour Shaneshill.

2:05 Clarcam w/o UDS. I know he was getting weight and a beating from UDS in Jan but I think he's got a bit more improvement in him. His form is pretty top notch besides that, beating Vautour at Christmas and chasing him home on his first start. Also he easily accounted for Sizing Codelco in between and I just think he might beat the rest.

2:40 Gallant Oscar. Gets in off a decent weight and the way he was punted into favouritism in the Thyestes suggests that he has a big race in him.

3:20 Have Faugheen already so just a small bet on Jezki who I think will follow him home.

4:00 Annie Power (evs this morning with Ladbrokes). Has loads in hand over this crowd. Racing over arguably her fav trip and ground, the only worry is it's her first run of the year. I think she might win even more impressively than UDS.

4:40 The Job Is Right. Good form behind Living Next Door and Foxrock at Christmas, form against Very Wood earrlier in the year and Derek O'Connor in the plate. I'd be disappointed if he wasn't bang there at the finish.

Nothing in the 5:15 and best of luck to everyone having a punt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Hayden Pennyfeather

Anyone think that Dunraven Storm is overpriced in the Arkle at 50/1?

Yes he was beaten 20l by Josses Hill lto but he was giving him 6 pounds and the trip wasn't ideal. Was 2l behind Vibrato Valtat the run previous despite a poor jump at the last and being impeded by Vibrato Valtat on the run in. He has beaten Vibrato Valtat over c&d (was 4 pounds better off) in November.

Best price 28/1 w/o UDS vs Vibrato Valtat 11/4 w/o UDS. Surely this is decent e/w value?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,446 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Seems like people are going especially mental this year. I don't think I've seen people spending so much money on Cheltenham since the boom times nearly 10 years ago.

One lad I know has spent 1k just for today.

€400 AP+UDS double, payout €1100.
    €400 AP+UDS+Douvan treble, payout €3300.
    €200 AP+UDS+Douvan+TNO quad, payout €8300.

I know many more who aren't so boastful who would be spending similar money.

I'd say this could either turn out to be one of the best days ever for the books - or the worst!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DamienOB

What stations is this on today? I'm in work so will be streaming on my phone. Be handier if it was RTE but are ATR or Racing UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

DamienOB wrote: »
    What stations is this on today? I'm in work so will be streaming on my phone. Be handier if it was RTE but are ATR or Racing UK?

Ch4?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

DamienOB wrote: »
    RTE are showing it.
    Download the Filmon app and you can get Channel 4 too.
    RTE radio are doing live commentary also.
    It'll be on RUK if you can get access to that.

Take your pick!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Even money on un de sceaux betfair at the minute Barry Orr just said in atr

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

singles

douvan (money back as a freebet if a loser sky+hills)
    un de sceaux (same)
    faugheen (money back as cash if a faller, mulhollands)
    accum with annie which I'll back also if one of these fail but only at 4/5/8/11 which is probably unlikely

small ew for an interest
    tom crapper ew/saver on keltus
    druids nephew owes me so thats my guess there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Ive got this on PP

1.30pm L’Ami Serge 3/1 EW

2.05pm Vibrato Valtat 6/1 EW

2.40pm Pendra 7/1 EW

3.20pm Jezki 5/1 EW

4pm Annie Power 4/5 Win

4.40pm Sego Success 11/2 EW

5.15pm Keltus 9/1 Win

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Ive got this on PP

1.30pm L’Ami Serge 3/1 EW

2.05pm Vibrato Valtat 6/1 EW

2.40pm Pendra 7/1 EW

3.20pm Jezki 5/1 EW

4pm Annie Power 4/5 Win

4.40pm Sego Success 11/2 EW

5.15pm Keltus 9/1 Win

EW is an absolute ridiculous bet on both L'Ami Serge & VV

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

€5 Placepot:

/Ruby Ruby Ruby Tuesday :)

What odds on all 4 favs losing ? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Chesty08 wrote: »

I know nothing about horse racing :)

I just out down the bets for fun

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DamienOB

The Mig wrote: »
    RTE are showing it.
    Download the Filmon app and you can get Channel 4 too.
    RTE radio are doing live commentary also.
    It'll be on RUK if you can get access to that.

Take your pick!

Perfect. Thats all I needed. Thank you

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I don't usually darken this forum except for this week every year but i have :

14:05 - josses hill e/w
    14:40 - annacotty e/w , Ned Stark e/w
    16:40 vivaldi collonges e/w , very wood - win

Plus a yankee on :

Douvan
    Un de Sceaux
    faugheen
    Annie Power

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cathal1988

What do you think is a better bet?
    UDS double with AP.
    Faughen win single.

Going down to the bookies for a nice bet;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

cathal1988 wrote: »
    What do you think is a better bet?
    UDS double with AP.
    Faughen win single.

Going down to the bookies for a nice bet;-)

You should just do Faugheen AP double if thats the case. Anything could freak UDS Out.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭shamdrog63

1. Douvan
    2. Clarcam
    3. Ned Stark
    4. Faugheen
    5. Annie Power
    6. Cause of Causes
    7. Keltus

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Why?
    that seems like a ridiculous statement

I'd have no hesitation backing vv ew or lami serge if 7/2

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

1.30 - Qewy e/w
    2.05 - Sail By the Sun e/w
    3.20 - Faugheen
    4.00 - Annie Power

Un de Sceux, Faugheen, Annie Power Treble.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

VV at 6/1 is an each way to nothing, and with Paddy's refund if UDS wins, I think this makes it quite a good bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Some money flying around the bookies today. Been a few years since I seen this sort of activity. If Mullins has a bad day we could go back in to recession the way some people are lumping! Going to be an interesting first day

Advertisement