Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worst flu you've ever had?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

This thing seems to finally be starting to ease up but my head is a fuzzy as f*ck when I stand up. Hopefully if improves soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

That's exactly what I get. It only lasts 2 or 3 days so I don't call it a flu but if you tell people you'd a 'bad cold' they instantly think of a runny nose and a head cold and the 'man flu' bit comes out immediately.

Last time I had that was two years ago, I was sweating buckets, feverish, couldn't sleep, nightmarish waking realities when I did, couldn't eat, and could barely manage water for about two days.

Dunno what you call that but I get it every few years.

+1 It's horrific whatever it is

• Registered Users Posts: 23,270 ✭✭✭✭ted1

denis160 wrote: »
    In the bed since Thursday with the flu & I swear I’ve never experienced anything like the aches in my joints especially my hands, back & hips. The sweats, the chills, the aches, the shivers, followed nicely by the muscle spasms, all the while rocking a nice ear throat & sinus infection! Mother if jesus I can’t wait for it to go. Managed to keep water & minerals in for the first few days, no food, had cereal & toast toda though. Supppose to be back in work today but chest is still in ribbons, so may wait it out, haven’t an ounce of energy anyway.

That’s me now being in bed since Friday. Longest I’ve ever being sick

Advertisement