Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

Billy86 wrote: »
    When that pseudoscience is backed up by an athlete painted as one of the most wholesome, honest-to-goodness role models in a good long while, it's going to cloud judgement. A tonne of NFL players come from poverty and areas with typically very low educational standards. Especially teenagers and such, I wouldn't put it past some trusting Wilson's "magic water" over what the doctor has actually prescribed them. It's a terribly irresponsible and reckless thing to promote, and if it were an athlete that the media loves to hate like a Cristiano Ronaldo, he would have been called up on it publicly almost as soon as he made such a statement.

The tone set by a pro these days has absolutely nothing to do with how a child or teen will deal with a concussion. Children and Teens cannot make medical decisions on their own here the decision for what is right and wrong post concussion falls to adults. So even if the Teen given by your example feels he is good to go he wont have that power as a professional I.e doctors and coaches will have the last say. Anyone over the age of 18 would be a fooking idiot to believe Wilson and his magic juice. I have first hand experience with sports here in the US and injuries like concussions. Kids and teens if injured have to be cleared and are checked on by doctors before they can even practice again. So even if the kid does buy into the magic juice he wont be cleared by an adult. Anyone under 18 the responsibility lies with adults whether it is a parent or guardian or doctor or coach. It is up to us as Adults to protect minors from stupidity like Wilson's product and if we don't we have failed. There are a hell of lot worse in this world that minors get brainwashed by.
    But Wilson's constant talk of God means that the media absolutely cannot criticise him, because such a large portion of the fan base are fundamentalists who would lose their minds over it. For the likes of Aaron Rodgers, he doesn't have to give a sh*t what sections of the public think on matters like this, which is why he didn't care at all about mocking Wilson (he is visibly trying to hold in his laughter immediately after he said it).

I could care less about the media talking about him so I don't know why you are telling me this. And I have no idea why you are telling me about what Aaron Rodgers believes as I never mentioned Rodgers.
    Get off about this being a Wilson bashing thread by the way, he is being called out for good reason on bullsh*t. Nobody here (I hope) would doubt that he is an excellent QB, an excellent leader on the field, extremely intelligent at the LOS, and right up there with Ben and Rodgers as the very best when a play breaks down. And the same for belief bashing - there are HUNDREDS of religious players in the NFL, a good number overtly so. The difference is Wilson taking things to bizarre levels of delusion about God 'talking to him' as he made his third step toward the sideline (just one example of very many).

Oh I am sorry I didn't realise I need your permission to voice my opinion. My apologies. This is a discussion board and I am free to voice my opinion about how I see this board going. If you don't agree that is your choice.

For the record I don't believe in god or spirituality including any belief system for that matter and it is easy for people to bash beliefs and then stand behind it with some excuse like wont someone please think of the children etc etc. Who are we to judge someone's personal beliefs really even if they are a hypocrite or pushing magic juice.

Seems like people are more concerned about the sanity or personal life of Russell Wilson and giving out about him than they are about football. It was the same with the Tebow thread the discussion went from football to bashing his beliefs. This is a football forum. Oh I just realised I have made myself a hyprocrite with the above.....Damn.

The difference is Wilson taking things to bizarre levels of delusion about God 'talking to him' as he made his third step toward the sideline (just one example of very many).

He is a grown man and those are his choices in life whether you agree or not he is free to make those choices. Oh an this:
    Get off about this being a Wilson bashing thread

You are clearly bashing Wilson and his belief here and this makes you a hypocrite and in one sentence are proving my point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

JCTO wrote: »
    The tone set by a pro these days has absolutely nothing to do with how a child or teen will deal with a concussion. Children and Teens cannot make medical decisions on their own here the decision for what is right and wrong post concussion falls to adults. So even if the Teen given by your example feels he is good to go he wont have that power as a professional I.e doctors and coaches will have the last say. Anyone over the age of 18 would be a fooking idiot to believe Wilson and his magic juice. I have first hand experience with sports here in the US and injuries like concussions. Kids and teens if injured have to be cleared and are checked on by doctors before they can even practice again. So even if the kid does buy into the magic juice he wont be cleared by an adult. Anyone under 18 the responsibility lies with adults whether it is a parent or guardian or doctor or coach. It is up to us as Adults to protect minors from stupidity like Wilson's product and if we don't we have failed. There are a hell of lot worse in this world that minors get brainwashed by.
    Under 18s: It's a good thing then, that kids and teenagers only ever play organised sports under strict supervision, and never ever get involved in physical activity otherwise.

Over 18: Yes they would be idiots. Idiots that Wilson's magic water is preying on.
    I could care less about the media talking about him so I don't know why you are telling me this. And I have no idea why you are telling me about what Aaron Rodgers believes as I never mentioned Rodgers.
    When someone does this sh*t and doesn't get much criticism for it, on boards like this, it is going to create further criticism because people are not happy it is being ignored. You can ignore this fact all you like.
    Oh I am sorry I didn't realise I need your permission to voice my opinion. My apologies. This is a discussion board and I am free to voice my opinion about how I see this board going. If you don't agree that is your choice.
    Absolutely brilliant coming from the guy telling everyone to stop criticising Russell Wilson's irresponsible behaviour. :pac:
    For the record I don't believe in god or spirituality including any belief system for that matter and it is easy for people to bash beliefs and then stand behind it with some excuse like wont someone please think of the children etc etc. Who are we to judge someone's personal beliefs really even if they are a hypocrite or pushing magic juice.
    He was being criticised for shoving his religious views down everyones throat far too often, and being a hypocrite about issues like divorce. I am also criticising him for encouraging people to ignore medical advise and drink the magic water he is advertising instead.

Do you see anyone criticising Rodgers for being religious on here? He is very religious, and lives by St. Francis of Asissi's code of 'Preach the gospel at all times, if necessary, use words.' Polamalu? He carries around a book with religious texts and such written by a monk. How about Justin Tuck? He has stated one of his biggest regrets in life was having sex before marriage due to his religious beliefs. Andy Reid? He and his wife used to go around their community spreading 'the word of Christ'. Marvin Lewis? Here is a quote from him - "I'll basically mandate that everyone goes to chapel at least once because I want them to have the experience of it," he said. "I'm not going to force my beliefs on them, but it's important for them to know it's not a bad thing; it's a good thing. Then I'll leave it alone. They can't feel pressured. We want the environment to be comfortable to them, but not overbearing. They have a choice." Jared Allen? Drew Brees? Kaepernick?

How come none of these guys, and the countless others who are hugely religious, don't get bashed for it yet Wilson does? Hint: It's similar to why Ray Lewis and Tim Tebow also faced criticism.
    Seems like people are more concerned about the sanity or personal life of Russell Wilson and giving out about him than they are about football. It was the same with the Tebow thread the discussion went from football to bashing his beliefs. This is a football forum. Oh I just realised I have made myself a hyprocrite with the above.....Damn.
    Part of the appeal and popularity of any sport is the personalities in them which generate a lot of discussion, it doesn't matter if you like it or not because that is simply how it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

No different to healthy products claiming to be healthy and they are far from it. If one is stupid enough to believe it without their own research then the problem lies with them and not Wilson really.
    Wilson is claiming that his sports drink can cure concussion, there's no defense for that. I'd say it fairer to target the fraud than anyone gullible enough to believe him.
    He is also claiming that God is speaking to him, either directly or indirectly. To then peddle snake oil with kids watching, should be something far from what God would want.

There will be people who knock/dislike him for his belief, there will be people who will praise/follow him for his belief.

Plenty of NFL players have their own belief/faith, they just don't come out and shove it down people throats every time they open their mouth (and try sell a miraculous cure to concussion while at it). That's why Wilson has been spoken about at length, and why even Aaron Rodgers took a shot at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Finding this traumatic and hilarious when compared to the Giants start of the season, but Tom Brady has never lost a game in Gillette stadium when the Pats were winning at half time.

That's 67-0.

For **** sake.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Amen ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭boccy23

I've always found the American attitude to gambling a strange one.

How long before the legislation changes to affect these type of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

This thread is slowly turning into a Russel Wilson bashing thread with a subtle tone of belief bashing.

Adrian linked an interesting article yesterday and since Rodgers commentary was a central part of it, it was only then natural that Wilson came up in the conversation. Tbh, I never come across a player before who more or less said that he lost the Superbowl, because God told him he was testing him to see how he would react. And for a guy who is constantly harping on about what God wants him to do, I found it funny how God appears to have had nothing to say when Wilson recently got his multi million dollar contract.

Did God not tell Wilson to throw a few million towards children's cancer? Or towards his local hospice? Maybe even cancer research? Or the homeless? Or the vulnerable in society who are not too far from his own doorstep? For a guy who can't shut up about God, he seems to be strangely silent on the kind of issues God might be really interested in. I really don't think missing out on a ring would rank as any kind of a test with the man upstairs. If God was testing Wilson likes he claimed? I'd imagine God would want to see how generous Wilson would be with his millions.

I respect any individuals faith or lack of faith and I have consistently defended various religions on this site, from some of the hysteria and hate in other forums. But what irks me is when someone is constantly pontificating nonstop about their beliefs. Yet they don't seem to realise that we can see past their blatant hypocrisy. Wilson is always at it and he appears to be too stupid to realise how much of a hypocrite he is. Now any high profile sports star can do whatever they want with their money. But when they take on a holier than thou public persona, then they should be prepared to judged by a different standard and get knocked of their perch if their words don't match their deeds.
    ..Do you see anyone criticising Rodgers for being religious on here? He is very religious, and lives by St. Francis of Asissi's code of 'Preach the gospel at all times...

I never knew that Rodgers had a deep faith until you mentioned it there. Rodgers is a unique & truly gifted player and if anyone ever had a reason to be publicly thankful to God for his gifts, it's him. Yet I knew nothing about his faith and that's because he doesn't bring it into the media and that's the way it should be. He keeps his faith private like most of us do and he hasn't forced it down anyone's mouth. Maybe if Wilson just learned such a wise & sensible approach, people would be less sick of his crap.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

hard to know tbh, but with the rate they are spending and generating money it wont be long

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

I found it funny how God appears to have had nothing to say when Wilson recently got his multi million dollar contract.
    I'm sure if he had, he'd have been crucified for it (no pun intended, but I'm leaving it there - a happy accident)
    Did God not tell Wilson to throw a few million towards children's cancer? Or towards his local hospice? Maybe even cancer research? Or the homeless? Or the vulnerable in society who are not too far from his own doorstep?
    Do we know he doesn't do anything for charity/needy/vulnerable with his time or money?
    Yet I knew nothing about his faith and that's because he doesn't bring it into the media and that's the way it should be.
    Says who? You could argue that the truly religious see it as their duty to spread "The Word" , further, you could argue that those who do not do this, but keep their religion to themselves, are the hypocritical ones.
    He keeps his faith private like most of us do and he hasn't forced it down anyone's mouth.

I do have to smile at this " he's shoving it down our throats" bit that keeps cropping up. How does this manifest itself? unsolicited letters? door to door calling? insisting on special treatment at the expense of others? Threats? Nope....by mentioning God in interviews - hardly shoving it down your throat.

I thought I hated the "God-inspired-me" thing as much as the next man, but the stuff that's been posted about him on here is bordering on the ridiculous.

Under 18s: It's a good thing then, that kids and teenagers only ever play organised sports under strict supervision, and never ever get involved in physical activity otherwise.

Even if the kids play un-organised sports it is still the responsibility of adults to protect minors. If people are letting the influence of the media and a pro football player then they are at fault. It is all about how you raise kids and teach them right and wrong and not to believe in sh1t they believe from the media or the internet or music or some pro player. Blaming guys like Wilson is a cop out really.
    When someone does this sh*t and doesn't get much criticism for it, on boards like this, it is going to create further criticism because people are not happy it is being ignored. You can ignore this fact all you like.

I have no idea why you are banging on about this. I never mentioned Aaron Rodgers and never discussed him. I am talking about Russel Wilson.
    Absolutely brilliant coming from the guy telling everyone to stop criticising Russell Wilson's irresponsible behaviour. :pac:

Read my post again especially the last line where I admitted to being a hypocrite as it is the only way to get what I am saying across as you continue to nit pick. But I love how you are trying to discredit my posts like this when you are nothing more than a hypocrite yourself. Both of us that hypocrite line. But hey I have admitted that twice now but good to see you ignored my previous post to try attack the post. Good man.
    He was being criticised for shoving his religious views down everyones throat far too often, and being a hypocrite about issues like divorce. I am also criticising him for encouraging people to ignore medical advise and drink the magic water he is advertising instead.

I don't believe in god and don't feel he is shoving God down our throats. So me where he shoved it down anyones throat and we can debate that fact. Also I have gone over his magic water above.
    Do you see anyone criticising Rodgers for being religious on here? He is very religious, and lives by St. Francis of Asissi's code of 'Preach the gospel at all times, if necessary, use words.' Polamalu? He carries around a book with religious texts and such written by a monk. How about Justin Tuck? He has stated one of his biggest regrets in life was having sex before marriage due to his religious beliefs. Andy Reid? He and his wife used to go around their community spreading 'the word of Christ'. Marvin Lewis? Here is a quote from him - "I'll basically mandate that everyone goes to chapel at least once because I want them to have the experience of it," he said. "I'm not going to force my beliefs on them, but it's important for them to know it's not a bad thing; it's a good thing. Then I'll leave it alone. They can't feel pressured. We want the environment to be comfortable to them, but not overbearing. They have a choice." Jared Allen? Drew Brees? Kaepernick?

Again no idea why any of this is relevant I am not talking about any other player and I have no idea why you feel this is relevant. My discussion stemmed from people taking shots at Wilson and nothing more.
    How come none of these guys, and the countless others who are hugely religious, don't get bashed for it yet Wilson does? Hint: It's similar to why Ray Lewis and Tim Tebow also faced criticism.

Again see above. But like Tebow people don't agree with his beliefs and then go on bashing them in an attempt to say it is being forced down our throats when realistically it is not being forced down our throat but people jumping on a non existent band wagon to get their hatred of Wilson coming out with claims on his beliefs.
    Part of the appeal and popularity of any sport is the personalities in them which generate a lot of discussion, it doesn't matter if you like it or not because that is simply how it is.

But this is a football forum and not a forum for bashing anyone NFL players beliefs or a religious forum. It doesn't matter you or I like it or not. This is hardly the right place to be calling out a guy who has die hard beliefs.

Adrian linked an interesting article yesterday and since Rodgers commentary was a central part of it, it was only then natural that Wilson came up in the conversation. Tbh, I never come across a player before who more or less said that he lost the Superbowl, because God told him he was testing him to see how he would react. And for a guy who is constantly harping on about what God wants him to do, I found it funny how God appears to have had nothing to say when Wilson recently got his multi million dollar contract.

I get all that but billy banging on about Rodgers to me when I am not discussing Rodgers is pointless. I have no opinion on Rodgers right now so pushing the Rodgers or any other player on what I said is pointless as my posts all relate to Wilson.
    Did God not tell Wilson to throw a few million towards children's cancer? Or towards his local hospice? Maybe even cancer research? Or the homeless? Or the vulnerable in society who are not too far from his own doorstep? For a guy who can't shut up about God, he seems to be strangely silent on the kind of issues God might be really interested in. I really don't think missing out on a ring would rank as any kind of a test with the man upstairs. If God was testing Wilson likes he claimed? I'd imagine God would want to see how generous Wilson would be with his millions.

How do you know he isn't sharing his millions with countless charities. Such an outlandish claim to make without any proof to confirm or deny his actions.
    I respect any individuals faith or lack of faith and I have consistently defended various religions on this site, from some of the hysteria and hate in other forums. But what irks me is when someone is constantly pontificating nonstop about their beliefs. Yet they don't seem to realise that we can see past their blatant hypocrisy. Wilson is always at it and he appears to be too stupid to realise how much of a hypocrite he is. Now any high profile sports star can do whatever they want with their money. But when they take on a holier than thou public persona, then they should be prepared to judged by a different standard and get knocked of their perch if their words don't match their deeds.

Difference between judging someone and some of the things said about him in here.

Anyways I am done on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Russel Wilson is a lot of things but you cannot deny his charitable work. Having lived close to Seattle for over a year you can see he is very involved in the local community, from making weekly visits to kids hospitals, to local army bases. All proceeds from is football camp go to charity aswell, and I'm pretty sure for every TD the Seahawks scores he donates a certain amount. But I can confirm without doubt that the local community feel his presence in a massively positive way

poldebruin wrote: »
    Do we know he doesn't do anything for charity/needy/vulnerable with his time or money?
    But where exactly? He’s a very high profile public figure, so I’m sure if he was generous with his millions like his God would want him to be, then we would have heard about it long ago. I don’t count the token good cause that most franchises like their players to take up. Even the biggest scumbags in the league have their token good cause for good franchise PR reasons. No, I expect more from Wilson since his God seems to be in regular conversation with him on stuff like not having sex with his girl, why he lost the Super bowl ect. So to revisit what I said earlier, it is reasonable to expect God to say to him something like - “ Hey Russell, you’ve a few million to spare. So don't you give it to those who really need it.”
    Says who?
    Eh, Me. Didn't I just express that opinion. So why are you asking that question, when you know that it was I that just said it?
    You could argue that the truly religious see it as their duty to spread "The Word" , further, you could argue that those who do not do this, but keep their religion to themselves, are the hypocritical ones.

Actually no, you couldn't argue that. Words not deeds and leading by example are central tenets of Christianity and were a big part of JC's message. Wilson speaks lots of words, yet we see little action. How generous has he been with his millions?
    I do have to smile at this " he's shoving it down our throats" bit that keeps cropping up. How does this manifest itself?
    Maybe looking under the headings – Social Media or Media Interviews, might grant you some enlighten meant there.
    I thought I hated the "God-inspired-me" thing as much as the next man, but the stuff that's been posted about him on here is bordering on the ridiculous.

The only ridiculous thing is, we have someone coming out and saying God cost him a Superbowl to see how he would react, to test him. God spoke to him as he stepped away from the play and that’s why I quoted his immediate reaction yesterday that was caught on camera. He asked his coach “What just happened?”. Yet why is he even asking that, when months later he tells us that God spoke to him as he stepped away from the play? He’s a complete a bullshítter and as one of the lads said yesterday, he’s cultivating a particular brand & persona, that plays very well to a very large audience in America.

I really couldn’t careless about Wilson and I was only responding to what Adrian posted yesterday and the comments Rodgers made that were obviously directed at Wilson. I don’t even rate Wilson as a QB. Before the Super bowl I said my concerns weren’t focused on Wilson, but rather a fantastic Seahawks defense. A legendary defense has made that team what they are, not him. Afaic, he’s just ridden their coat tails and that’s fine, he’s not the first player to do it. But if he's going to hold himself to a more Godly moral standard. Then I like a lot of other people, will hold him to that standard.

phatkev wrote: »
    Russel Wilson is a lot of things but you cannot deny his charitable work. Having lived close to Seattle for over a year you can see he is very involved in the local community, from making weekly visits to kids hospitals, to local army bases. All proceeds from is football camp go to charity aswell, and I'm pretty sure for every TD the Seahawks scores he donates a certain amount. But I can confirm without doubt that the local community feel his presence in a massively positive way

But that's nothing unique to him and to reiterate what I said in my last post. Even the biggest scumbags in the league are obligated by their franchises to do their weekly charity work and get the good PR stuff out. But when you have a guy moralising so publicly, talking to God ext. Then one would expect him to be bringing it to a whole new level. So I then naturally wondered, did God ask him to share a few of the millions from of his $87 million dollar contract? Surely God would have said - "Hey Russell, you don't need $87 million dollars now do the right thing son." I don't think he did, because it's kind of something that would be hard to hide & keep quite.

*Oh, new posts. Lets check it out.*

tumblr_m0alrwfpQd1r3tiwzo1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Knex. wrote: »

tumblr_m0alrwfpQd1r3tiwzo1_400.gif

Yeah, I'm regretting contributing to the subject now. Wilson is a bit of a goon and I found Rodgers funny. Now let's have a fight about it.

Knex. wrote: »

I'm keeping my mouth shut because I think some of us have upset the man above.....

91126_original.jpg

I'm only responding myself, and won't be upset if the conversation peters out. I'm sure it will crop up again as it has over previous months. He really does seem to get under peoples skin. I'm no fan of Wilson, just I think the criticism on here is a bit over the top. Perhaps it's time for Russell Wilson to have his own thread, to keep him out of the Wacky and Awesome world of the NFL thread!
    “ Hey Russell, you’ve a few million to spare. So don't you give it to those who really need it.”?

I just don't think it's fair to call him out on this without knowing what he does or doesn't do for good causes.
    Eh, Me. Didn't I just express that opinion. So why are you asking that question, when you know that it was I that just said it?.

Yes, it was a rhetorical question. I was just pointing out that there is no wrong or right way, just each to their own way. Again, I don't think it's deserving of the panning he's getting on here. He has an opinion on it and so do you.

Actually no, you couldn't argue that. Words not deeds and leading by example are central tenets of Christianity and were a big part of JC's message. Wilson speaks lots of words, yet we see little action. How generous has he been with his millions? .

I most definitely could - not sure we should be getting into that on the AF forum though, suffice to say that another tenet Christianity holdsis that non-believers or sinners are doomed to a fate worse than death. How could any self-respecting Christian sit idly by and allow people to suffer this fate? - they should feel obligated to try and convert or have them repent for their sinful ways.
    Maybe looking under the headings – Social Media or Media Interviews, might grant you some enlighten meant there..
    I haven't seen many of either - I don't follow Russell Wilson on twitter, nor read any/many interviews he gives. These are all things I must seek out by myself, which gives lie to the "shoving down our throat" thing.

I really couldn’t careless about Wilson and I was only responding to what Adrian posted yesterday and the comments Rodgers made that were obviously directed at Wilson. I don’t even rate Wilson as a QB. Before the Super bowl I said my concerns weren’t focused on Wilson, but rather a fantastic Seahawks defense. A legendary defense has made that team what they are, not him. Afaic, he’s just ridden their coat tails and that’s fine, he’s not the first player to do it.

I agree 100% with the rest of your assessment though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭Augme

Even if Wilson didn't believe in God he'd still be a tosser so let's just leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

"Let's agree to disagree."

"I don't agree to that."

Even though I read their website a lot, I never thought to follow Pro Football Focus on twitter, where they put up a lot of interesting stats links to articles and general interesting bits and pieces - well worth a follow imo.

PFF on Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Even though I read their website a lot, I never thought to follow Pro Football Focus on twitter, where they put up a lot of interesting stats links to articles and general interesting bits and pieces - well worth a follow imo.

PFF on Twitter

Their analysis on the Eagles offensive troubles that they posted today was excellent. Well worth a read:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/09/24/why-the-eagles-are-failing-on-offense/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

PFF on Twitter

Agreed, dont always agree with the stats they use but always interesting. Some of the individual guys are worth a follow also...

https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam seems to be based in Ireland, possibly Irish but good follow.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Jeff

Based in CA and more 49ers based but also a very good follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

adrian522 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam seems to be based in Ireland, possibly Irish but good follow.

Sam is Irish, yeah. He plays for one of the Irish teams I believe. A very good follow, though he is probably more (in)famous now for the article he wrote at the beginning of last season saying Brady was no longer one of the top 5 QB's in the NFL than any of his largely excellent work. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Weeden in August:

"I love it here. I love my role in this offense…As a backup quarterback, things could be a lot worse.

God forbid I am forced to play."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Carolina Panthers fans send a sympathy card/video to Chicago Bears fans on the tragic news that Jimmy Clausen is our QB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=nVDFUqcRCf8

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Heading off to Seahawks vs Bears shortly. I'll pass on Boards's regards to Russell Wilson ;)

• Advertisement

Come here, how is Aldon Smith not suspended? Was surprised to see him out there against the Browns

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement