Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big scary training log

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,577 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

You're doing the DCM?

libelula wrote: »
    Yes :p

You'd have been proud of yesterday's food intake!

Unfortunately I wasn't running yesterday :pac:
    You're doing the DCM?

That's the hope :)

That's the hope :)

Brilliant stuff. No bother to you either :)

Brilliant stuff. No bother to you either :)

Well we'll see about that :p

Did my long run today on the Warriors route. Hills. Hills everywhere.

Ran a bit faster than I was meant to and my hip is fairly sure but all good and not as scared of that race now at least!

Also ate three meals today :P

3 months to go and you've a good base under you.

DEFINITELY no bother to you.

• Advertisement

Hip at me since Friday. Went out to do recovery run yesterday and quit after a mile because it was cramping badly.

Was hoping to do an easy 5km today but being sensible. Going to physio tomorrow evening.

Gym in the am for this new strength programme.

Decided to combat the not eating thing by eating more when I'm actually hungry so went out for brekkie and ate TWO brekkies :D

Pretty pissed off. Went to gym at 6.30 this morning, for my new strength and core programme.

It consisted of 5 sets of 3 KB strict press, and an 8 minute EMOM of 30 second plank, and 4 pullups.

I was at chemical brothers last night, got to sleep around 1am, got up at 5:50 am to do 25 KB strict presses. 16 pullups. And 2 minutes of planking.

What a bloody waste of an extra couple of hours in bed.

*whoops is cranky when she's tired* :pac:

Is it even a crankiness PR?

Nah, I've definitely had much crankier mornings :P

Went to super hot physical therapy man on Monday night about my hip. Aaaaand it's sciatica! Which is actually kind of cool because I know what it is now and it's not an injury and it doesn't need to stop me running \o/

Did fartleks tonight

15 minutes easy
    10 x 1 minute hard followed by 1 min rest
    15 minutes easy

I like doing intervals/fartleks etc, much more fun and less monotonous. Even if they kill me!

• Advertisement

50mins easy + 4 x 80metre strides

Core work

10 miles easy with 2 miles @ planned marathon pace, much harder than it should have been but very tough route.

50 mins easy

50mins easy + 4 x 80m strides
    Core work

Getting better with food. Eating more and have started bringing a small meal to have late afternoon so I'm not going from early lunch to very late dinner without anything.

I guess I'll get hungrier when the miles start building. Hopefully so - it's hard to eat when you're not hungry. I had a chocolate brownie and a cappucinno for breakfast this morning (yeh, and?:D), and I feel so so full. Don't know what's happened to me.

Strength and conditioning class. Squats only to parallel. Slow controlled movements.

10 x 25kg Back Squat
    25 x Sit ups
    40 second push up plank
    40kg x 100 metre Farmers Walk
    10 x 25kg Front Squat
    25 x Sit ups
    25 x Hanging Knee raise strict
    10 x 15kg Over head squat bar
    25 x Sits ups

Hill fartleks

15min w/u
    10 x 1 min hills, jog back recovery
    15min w/d

Dead.

Things that sound horrible #179:
    15min w/u
    10 x 1 min hills, jog back recovery
    15min w/d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

You are mad in the head!

Are you doing the half this weekend, whoopsa? Going to be a sloooow 16 miler on Monday but under pressure to perform with the home club! :D

Did 11 miles on Saturday. Easier than last week's long run, but much easier route and my hip wasn't agitated.

I missed last night's run, I'm disappointed with myself, it was a sh*tty day for me yesterday but I knew that in advance that it would be and my running guy had given me double rest day because of the BH so I could have run Monday instead but ate pizza instead.

Nothing I can do about it now, not going to try and catch up but I'm moving my Long run this week back from Sunday to Saturday, so I might do a recovery run on Sunday instead and then I won't feel so guilty.

Onwards and upwards...and....fasterwards :)

Should have copyrighted that...

oh hai log o/

I'm going to be back sooooooon I promise :D

Training on track for the DCM?

Training on track for the DCM?

Yep. All going pretty well. Well in that I'm completing what's on the plan. Not well as in easy :P

One more fartlek session, one more easy session, one more LSR. Then TAPER!!!

Wish I had some more time, but I don't so I'll just have to get on with it :)

Yep. All going pretty well. Well in that I'm completing what's on the plan. Not well as in easy :P

One more fartlek session, one more easy session, one more LSR. Then TAPER!!!

Wish I had some more time, but I don't so I'll just have to get on with it :)

You'll have to think of how to celebrate your PR :pac:

Sticking to a training plan will stand you in good stead. It's not always easy to find the time.

• Advertisement

Well.

I did a marathon.

So I did.

Didn't go exactly to plan but sure feck it, it is what it is :)

Starting swimming lessons next week! Will see how the body feels in a few days and might head back to crossfit if I'm feeling up for it.

So motivated right now, have plans and goals in mind that I have every intention of achieving next year. Can't wait :)

Swimming eh? Ironman next so. :)

Congrats on becoming a marathon finisher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Tri?

Congrats on your first (of many!). Am making my race calendar for next year. :)

I'd never do a full Iron Man but I might do a Try a Tri and see if I like it ;)

I'd never do a full Iron Man but I might do a Try a Tri and see if I like it ;)

Try the tri in Athy!

:)

Easing back in veerrrrry slowly.

Wednesday:
    40 minute swimming lesson. Didn't drown.

Friday:
    20 minutes "swimming".

Sunday:
    5k @ medium pace

Monday: (today)
    50 BW squats
    50 situps
    50 push ups (off knees!!!)
    90 second front plank

Have been advised against high intensity stuff for the next two weeks so crossfit is still out, but will go back this week to do some strength.

"swimming".

:D:D

The worst part is when someone in the next lane flies by while looking like they're putting in a fraction of the effort you are.

:D:D

The worst part is when someone in the next lane flies by while looking like they're putting in a fraction of the effort you are.

There was a guy in my lane who was booting by me. I was like "dude - get out of the slow lane ffs, you're making me look even worse". So then he must have realised he wasn't as slow as me and went to the medium lane where he rightly belonged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Ah here, how are we supposed to track you here?

Topics Recreation & Hobbies Fitness Fitness Logs Big scary training log

• Advertisement

aquinn wrote: »
    Ah here, how are we supposed to track you here?

Topics Recreation & Hobbies Fitness Fitness Logs Big scary training log

I don't want ye tracking me, telling me I'm running too fast and shouting at me for swimming :pac:

I'm really quite scared of the running forum training logs :o

Advertisement