Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How is Ed Sheeran so popular?

Options
  • 03-03-2015 3:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31

Three Wemblys, croke park etc. All of his songs are awful! How is he selling our shows?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

yumyum10 wrote: »
    Three Wemblys, croke park etc. All of his songs are awful! How is he selling our shows?

its the X-Factor generation, sold everything through social media, including what bands/singers to like..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,744 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Matter of opinion i suppose.

/END Thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Someone's out of synch with popular opinion.

I wonder is it Ed???

Na... don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

I'm in my fifties; I like the sound of his music. I like the lyrics in his songs. I like the sound of his voice.

Didn't know who he was for a while, but he seems to be a nice person.

Nobody told me what to like.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I don't think I've ever heard something he's wrote/performed.

I stopped listening to the latest music when MTV stopped playing the latest music. So about 10 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

its the X-Factor generation, sold everything through social media, including what bands/singers to like..

You mean bands have never been manufactured before ? Portray an image to sell more records ? You would swear they would crate the same lp 12 times with a different picture on it just to sell more. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I dont listen to him but from what I gather he writes his own music. For that I'd hold him in a higher regard than most of the modern music.

Meh, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Don't like him, I find this whole acoustic guitar, folksy singer song writer thing to be extermely tiresome in general, with some notable exceptions. Mumford and his fcking son have a lot to answer for.

However...at least he plays an instrument, sings without autotune and performs live. Already he is better than 95% of the rest of the dross you kids listen too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Ah let him have his 15 minutes op, he will be gone soon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

How is ______________ so popular ??

Insert whoever takes your fancy ( One Direction / Take That / Boyzone / Westlife / Bay City Rollers / Showaddywaddy ..............)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

As much as he's not my cup of tea, he seems to have both talent and the fact that he got to where he is now through hard work (as opposed to going the X Factor route) going for him. Fair fooks to the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Everyone has different tastes, I'd be a pretty big fan of his. I get how people wouldn't be into all of his music, especially some of the stuff that's over played on the radio. I honestly think I See Fire is such a beautiful song, and different to a lot of his stuff you might hear on the radio. But everyone likes different stuff, he's clearly doing something right anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

For a fella with a severe debilitating disability (gingerness) he's done well for himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

For a fella with a severe debilitating disability (gingerness) he's done well for himself.

Q: What would Ed Sheeran be if he wasnt famous?

A: A virgin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

I don't like popular things because I'm cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

I thought he was an Irish comic until the Late Late toy Show when he came out singing to a 10 year old girl. Really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

One word.

GINGER.

women love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

crazygeryy wrote: »
    One word.

GINGER.

women love it.

If only.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,446 ✭✭✭✭kippy

He generally writes, plays and performs his own music, seems like a nice enough fella who's worked relatively hard to get where he is. For that he needs to be commended. Probably a better role model than most artists for the youth of today as well.

His music appeals to many and as with any artist, lots of people don't like it either.
    Fair play to him, would love to have the problems he has.
    I am sure all the haters keep him awake at night as he sleeps in his gold plated blankets.........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

crazygeryy wrote: »
    One word.

GINGER.

women love it.

Ah yeah, the auld women love adding spice to whatever it is they are cooking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

kippy wrote: »
    I am sure all the haters keep him awake at night as he sleeps in his gold plated blankets.........

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

How is Ed Sheeran so popular?

Continuing with that subject mattter, why would anyone start a thread about Ed Sheeran?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I like that one song where he hangs out with a cat and is pissed all the time. Pretty much sums up my life, only that I don't have a cat. The rest of his stuff I don't really get.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I find him extremely shït…

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

For this reason alone makes me believe he must have talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Seems like a genuinely nice guy. Fair play to him and all his success.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mr.McLovin

he must have talent as he is as ugly as sin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Music is very opinionated incase you hadn't noticed. If everyone liked the same music it would be a very boring world. I'll listen to anything from Nirvana to Nicki minaj, If I like the sound of a song and it gives me a buzz I listen regardless of genre, artist etc..

He writes his own music, plays his own instruments, performs live and got where he is through hard work and dedication. Nothing wrong with that. Just because you don't like the music doesn't make it shite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Ever since the whole late late show thing I've noticed he's become more popular,comes across as a real wholesome guy,the type you could bring home to your parents.......I'll give it a few months until the scandals about him start making the tabloids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

Hes good - a breath of fresh air IMO

Advertisement