Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delhi rapist says victim shouldn't have fought back

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Documentary by BBC on this.

On the other news.

Lynch mob justice Indian-style: Gang break into prison and kidnap man accused of raping student - then strip him naked, drag him four miles and beat him to death
    Violent mob broke into prison in Dimapur city and kidnapped alleged rapist
    Stripped and dragged four miles while being beaten and pelted with stones
    Crowd filmed shocking incident on their phones as man died of injuries
    He allegedly raped a student from a local women's college last month
    The rape suspect has been identified as a 35-year-old used car trader
    Government has appealed for calm following the shocking public attack
    Film about the 2012 gang-rape of a girl has been banned by authorities

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2981515/Justice-Indian-style-Angry-mob-breaks-prison-kidnaps-man-accused-raping-student-stripping-naked-dragging-four-miles-beating-death-street.html?ito=social-facebook

That's how it should be done.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    On the other news.

Lynch mob justice Indian-style: Gang break into prison and kidnap man accused of raping student - then strip him naked, drag him four miles and beat him to death

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2981515/Justice-Indian-style-Angry-mob-breaks-prison-kidnaps-man-accused-raping-student-stripping-naked-dragging-four-miles-beating-death-street.html?ito=social-facebook

That's how it should be done.

Justice in an unjust manner is not justice.

I prefer this way rather than going though all the trials and incompetent judicial system can't punish because of some loophole.

One such example was one of the culprit just got 3 years sentence while other 4 got death sentence, 1 person was juvenile, 17 years and 6 months old. If he was 18 he would have got death sentence. I hope as soon as he is released (Dec 2015) he gets killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

While I'm tempted to say that they should have waited for him to be convicted before beating him to death I firmly believe that it's better in circumstances like this for a criminal to live out the rest of his life rotting in a prison cell knowing that he will never breath free air again.

Death is too good for rapists.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I prefer this way rather than going though all the trials and incompetent judicial system can't punish because of some loophole.

One such example was one of the culprit just got 3 years sentence while other 4 got death sentence, 1 person was juvenile, 17 years and 6 months old. If he was 18 he would have got death sentence. I hope as soon as he is released (Dec 2015) he gets killed.

You present this thread as an outcry for the barbaric manner in which a lot of women are treated in India and you think it's fine to be so barbaric to men as a result?

You present this thread as an outcry for the barbaric manner in which a lot of women are treated in India and you think it's fine to be so barbaric to men as a result?

No. Not all men/women. Those who have committed crime should be punished and that's what I'm supporting.

No. Not all men/women. Those who have committed crime should be punished and that's what I'm supporting.

What you're looking for is revenge, more so than punishment.

What you're looking for is revenge, more so than punishment.

When the punishment is not enough because of so called juvenile law/board, then I don't mind calling it as punishment.

Just FYI, the juvenile I was talking about was the one who inserted Iron rod into the private part which resulted in internal damage (intestine popped out) and multi function failure that caused the death.

When the punishment is not enough because of so called juvenile law/board, then I don't mind calling it as punishment.

Just FYI, the juvenile I was talking about was the one who inserted Iron rod into the private part which resulted in internal damage (intestine popped out) and multi function failure that caused the death.

My point still stands. If there is an issue with the system it needs to be challenged and corrected. That can't be done with vigilantism. Too much attention gets drawn to very specific circumstances and scenarios that no one ever has full knowledge of, not too mention the lack of accountability for the actions that result.

All that's happening here is you shun a rape mob and endorse a pitch fork mob.

• Advertisement

My point still stands. If there is an issue with the system it needs to be challenged and corrected. That can't be done with vigilantism. Too much attention gets drawn to very specific circumstances and scenarios that no one ever has full knowledge of, not too mention the lack of accountability for the actions that result.

All that's happening here is you shun a rape mob and endorse a pitch fork mob.

Re point 1: I think you are underestimating the complexity of changing the system. Here is an example, Ambedkar wanted reservation for lower caste people for 10 years (ideally should have ended in 1960) so that they can find a place in society but still the reservation system (based on caste) is not abandoned. You know why? Because politicians are scared that they might lose votes from that particular caste people. In India system cannot be changed for better no matter what.

Re point 2, I'm endorsing people who stood up against injustice.

I'm not underestimating the complexity. I never said what should be done was going to be simple. Nor did I imply it.

Call it whatever you want it's still not justice. You are just picking the mob you think is right. And it will never lead to any meaningful change because you've nutters on both sides.

Advertisement