Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony DR-BTN200 Wireless Bluetooth NFC Headphones - €29.99 [Carphone Warehouse]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Loads in Ashbourne this afternoon. Picked up 2 for the kids. Seems as of they wont connect to any device without a full charge.

Did you hold down the power button until the light turns red and blinks? Mine worked straight out of the box. I didn't try the NFC, just bluetooth searched.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dubsuperstar

Did you hold down the power button until the light turns red and blinks? Mine worked straight out of the box. I didn't try the NFC, just bluetooth searched.

Yes I did, tried connecting to a few different devices just in case. But no joy. Will try again once fully charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

DupsTheKid wrote: »
    Did the same with the carphone warehouse in harvey norman in Waterford. Went in to collect to meet two lads clueless about the headphones and clueless about how the reservation system works. They didn't even sell headphones they said. They rang another store and reserved one there for me.

Sounds like this reservation system isn't very reliable.

There's a carphone warehouse section in HN in Carrickmines, my headphones were actually sent to the CW shop but the girl must have wanted the sale as she ran over in the rain to get them :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

ash.c92 wrote: »
    If there are any left in any store for delivery can someone please send me the link please? I cant find any mention of them online! thank you!

2 pairs left in Roscommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dubsuperstar

Got them up and running, great for 30 yoyos. Kids are delighted.....for the next 10 mins anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I reserved a set in the Mill Centre yesterday and got a reservation number but they emailed back to say they were all gone and will try get a set from somewhere else. Following that, I made 2 reservations for a set each under different names as one for a friend, and I recieved reservation numbers, but when i went down this morning, they only had one set left and they were out on the shelves for anyone to buy, so they never put the stock on hold. Just a caution for anyone hoping to pick up a set later. Great set of headphones. So simple to use. Sound not bad at all but volume is a bit low. Great bargain. Thanks OP.

I reserved mine yesterday and was told by customer services that I would get another email when they are ready to collect, I'm still waiting for that email. Before I got that email telling me that I had already gone to the shop and they just gave me a pair they had! The reservations system is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Got mine today reserved them in Jeltand in Limerick, young lad came with me and there was another one there for sale. Which he grabbed. Only thing, mine are broken, right side not working, takes phone call all right as microphone is on that side, but headphone not working.

How will it work when I return them tomorrow and they are all out of replacements?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pinkman

Any way to get these to work with a TV to replace faulty wireless headphones?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭onform

Pinkman wrote: »
    Any way to get these to work with a TV to replace faulty wireless headphones?

I was looking at a bluetooth transmitter, Google bluetooth h-266t as an example. Costs about €11 on eBay. There's a thread about them on boards and the op seems to be happy with it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057365958

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭hunkymonkey

Loads in Ashbourne this afternoon. Picked up 2 for the kids. Seems as of they wont connect to any device without a full charge.

I'd the same problem, I wasn't holding the power button down long enough, for approx 5-10s. Worked straight away then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

ED E wrote: »
    Bluetooth is congested as hell in urban areas unfortunately. I've two blackspots on my commute, corner on Stephens green and Grafton and at the north end of Westmoreland St. Link always degrades there and can be stuttery until past the GPO.

This is the price we pay for never ever having a frayed cable again :D

Used the lower bit rate method on the way home this evening, still encountered some drop outs at the two sections mentioned above but much better than the morning certainly on the tolerable level, no noticeable drop in sound quality either

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Used the lower bit rate method on the way home this evening, still encountered some drop outs at the two sections mentioned above but much better than the morning certainly on the tolerable level, no noticeable drop in sound quality either

Its worth noting that BT "channel hops" automagically, so you might find its still randomly poor if you happen to be in the wrong band at the wrong time. But good to know you can get through the RF cloud without losing the sweet sweet beats.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Twiggy69

Kudos to Niall in CPW Galway. I got an e-mail this morning to say that my order of last night was now out of stock and none available in any of the Galway stores. I mentioned I had a person driving from Dublin this afternoon, so he booked the last one in Athlone for me. I followed up with a call and sure enough he had. I offered to pay over the phone by Debit Card, but they were not able to accept card details by phone so it was paid for in cash.

I have enjoyed them all evening blasting my music to the max without anyone else having to 'suffer' my music selection. I can walk through the house without the slightest drop in quality playing my selection from my android phone.

Best 30 yoyo spent in a mighty long time.. :-)

Many thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

I highly recommend these if any missed out

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FSL-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones-Smartphones/dp/B0089EQJ54/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431141547&sr=8-1&keywords=Fsl+zero

Great sound and fabulous battery life also, I've mine well over a year and find the sound fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭joebre

Reserved in CPW Dungarvan and picked up yesterday without any confirmation e-mail. Seemed to have plenty in stock. Was told they were €130.
    Connected to my HTC M8 using NFC no problem.
    Does anybody know how to connect to Samsung Smart TV.
    Have Bluetooth keyboard and glasses connected to TV but can't find any menu to connect theses headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Bought the last pair in kilmartins Athlone, so no point calling out to that one if you are in Athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 27,812 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Picked up my pair in Enniscorthy at 5.55 last night. There were 5 pairs left on the shelf at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,218 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Couldn't see any in Grafton St, staff busy so didn't hang around to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

At least three left on the shelf in cpw northside, Dublin, that was about five.
    I don't think they are open tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Sold out in Sligo also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Did anyone actually get a 2nd mail to say they were ready to collect?
    I got a confirmation mail but it didn't even mention which store they were reserved in (Liffey Valley). Called in the following day and the girl had a look around, said they had none and never asked about a name or order/invoice number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

milltown wrote: »
    Did anyone actually get a 2nd mail to say they were ready to collect?
    I got a confirmation mail but it didn't even mention which store they were reserved in (Liffey Valley). Called in the following day and the girl had a look around, said they had none and never asked about a name or order/invoice number.

I had reservations in LV and only got 1 email. When I went down on Friday, they never put the stock aside and had 1 left on the shelves. The reservation system seems to be a joke.

I also remember that he looked at me like I had two heads when I said I had a reservation. He didn't seem to know what the number was for and just asked me what I was looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I had reservations in LV and only got 1 email. When I went down on Friday, they never put the stock aside and had 1 left on the shelves. The reservation system seems to be a joke.

I also remember that he looked at me like I had two heads when I said I had a reservation. He didn't seem to know what the number was for and just asked me what I was looking for.

I was exactly the same. I'm still waiting on my second email but went into LV on friday and the girl just gave me a pair from the stock she had. She had no idea about the reservations either, she said that all goes through the UK office.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Any around Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

I reserved a pair in the Carphone Warehouse franchise in Harvey Norman Waterford. Got a confirmation email with the reservation number etc.
    Went to collect them on Saturday. Was told "sorry we aren't allowed sell them in this shop"
    I was one of several people who had that experience. Very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jo Satan

Ordered a pair to pick up at HN Rathfarnham, Went in and was told they don't sell Headphones... I left my number and the guy on the counter rang back to say he had reserved one in the nearest store with stock which was Ashleaf SC and I had until Sunday to pick it up. Fair play to the lad for sorting it out, but as others have said the online ordering system is very poor.

The headphones themselves are great for the price, a comfortable fit, sound is good, reasonable volume with my phone. Thanks to the OP for a decent bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Jo Satan wrote: »
    Ordered a pair to pick up at HN Rathfarnham, Went in and was told they don't sell Headphones... I left my number and the guy on the counter rang back to say he had reserved one in the nearest store with stock which was Ashleaf SC and I had until Sunday to pick it up. Fair play to the lad for sorting it out, but as others have said the online ordering system is very poor.

The headphones themselves are great for the price, a comfortable fit, sound is good, reasonable volume with my phone. Thanks to the OP for a decent bargain

i guess I'm the only one who had a reasonable experience reserving through CH, maybe if we all email them about this it would sort such issues out in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Just to echo, I had the same experience as many here.

Reserved for pickup in Grafton Street, went in yesterday and they had no idea how the reserve and pickup system works. They didn't even know if I had paid already or not. Had none in stock anyway, waste of a trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Just to echo, I had the same experience as many here.

Reserved for pickup in Grafton Street, went in yesterday and they had no idea how the reserve and pickup system works. They didn't even know if I had paid already or not. Had none in stock anyway, waste of a trip.

Opposite in nutgrove, reserved online, rang on the off chance 5 minutes later and they had my order and then gave me one from the shelf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

joebre wrote: »
    Reserved in CPW Dungarvan and picked up yesterday without any confirmation e-mail. Seemed to have plenty in stock. Was told they were €130.
    Connected to my HTC M8 using NFC no problem.
    Does anybody know how to connect to Samsung Smart TV.
    Have Bluetooth keyboard and glasses connected to TV but can't find any menu to connect theses headphones.
    Whatever about 30 quid being a bargain, anyone that would have contemplated purchasing at €130 needs a serious talking to.

Advertisement